The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Update 19 - Bug Reports for Respec System Updates

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
Please report any issues you run into while testing the new respec system updates (Respec 2.0). In general, we prefer you to use /bug in-game but if you’d rather submit a report here, please give us as much information as possible, including screenshots and/or video if applicable. Thank you!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not sure why you didn't add a feedback thread for the new respec system, but one thing I don't like is that it costs 13,200 gold no matter if you change one skill, or all of them. Seems a bit on the steep side if you only need to tweak one skill. How about charging based on the number of skills changed?
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yup, the only problem with that is the cost, no matter if you change one or all skill, you need to pay the same price.

I'm not saying it should cost 7 gold each time you remorph a skill, but this would be nice to see the cost reduced.

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cost is probably due to the Crown Store respec token price, which they cannot pro-rate for small changes.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cost is probably due to the Crown Store respec token price, which they cannot pro-rate for small changes.

They could introduce a new crown store respec token that allow you to remove as much skills points as you want from skill/morphs that you want to change. I'm sure they will, so i don't think this is the reason, it's all about gold sink i believe.
    Edited by Apherius on July 9, 2018 10:26PM
  • SevenPacer
    SevenPacer
    ✭✭✭
    I am getting a weird error "You can not slot that ability" and I can't put any points into medium armor passives no matter what I do.
    Edited by SevenPacer on July 9, 2018 11:15PM
    @SevenPacer [PC/EU]
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apherius wrote: »

They could introduce a new crown store respec token that allow you to remove as much skills points as you want from skill/morphs that you want to change. I'm sure they will, so i don't think this is the reason, it's all about gold sink i believe.

It is a gold sink, yes. However, the First Rule of the Cash Store is that everything is about the Cash Store. Sometimes, it is not even worth trying to explain it off as something else, as is the case here.

If I can walk up to a shrine, say a quick prayer, and change a single skill for 100g/point, what possible reason would I have to buy that scroll in the Crown Store? Now, if I walked up to the shrine to change that one skill, and Stendaar demands 13,000 gold, that 700 Crown respec scroll starts to look like a pretty darned good deal. Ka-ching! Then, off you go to buy another 1500 Crowns in case you need to do it again tomorrow. The ZOS accountant smiles and nods, then resumes looking at swatches of gold inlay as he decides how to redecorate the broom closets. :smiley:

Always check your wallet, mate. Chances are the Monetization Lead has his (or her) hand in there. Just to keep it warm, of course.

But, in all seriousness, that is too expensive at a flat fee of 13,200g. When it comes to stuff like this, my experience is that ZOS is firm on the subject. If it changes at all, it won't go down by much. Start saving your gold up, or dust off the credit card.
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is a gold sink, yes. However, the First Rule of the Cash Store is that everything is about the Cash Store. Sometimes, it is not even worth trying to explain it off as something else, as is the case here.

If I can walk up to a shrine, say a quick prayer, and change a single skill for 100g/point, what possible reason would I have to buy that scroll in the Crown Store? Now, if I walked up to the shrine to change that one skill, and Stendaar demands 13,000 gold, that 700 Crown respec scroll starts to look like a pretty darned good deal. Ka-ching! Then, off you go to buy another 1500 Crowns in case you need to do it again tomorrow. The ZOS accountant smiles and nods, then resumes looking at swatches of gold inlay as he decides how to redecorate the broom closets. :smiley:

Always check your wallet, mate. Chances are the Monetization Lead has his (or her) hand in there. Just to keep it warm, of course.

But, in all seriousness, that is too expensive at a flat fee of 13,200g. When it comes to stuff like this, my experience is that ZOS is firm on the subject. If it changes at all, it won't go down by much. Start saving your gold up, or dust off the credit card.

Well respecs were more expensive before the crown store existed. So not sure it is about that.

Did they change the cost or is it still based on how many points you have earned? I think they likely kept it at one cost to discourage frequent changing of just one or two skills. And, I am ok with that. I can finally reuse my wasted research passives without the pain of redoing all my other skills.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well respecs were more expensive before the crown store existed. So not sure it is about that.

Did they change the cost or is it still based on how many points you have earned? I think they likely kept it at one cost to discourage frequent changing of just one or two skills. And, I am ok with that. I can finally reuse my wasted research passives without the pain of redoing all my other skills.

Respecs were expensive because they were wiping the whole slate and having you start over. That made sense to be expensive. If you simply put everything back the way it was, that was on you for wasting the gold.

On PTS, they have a chance to rework that, even calling it Respec 2.0. You pay the full amount even if you only change one number. Small changes are still expensive, but they didn't have to be that way. They could have "2.0'ed" that as well.

What they should have done is rework the payment schedule, as well. Start low and increase the cost as more changes were made. This is how ALL of their point rework systems should work, in my opinion.

Making Respec 2.0 opens up the game for build tweaking, which is really what this sort of micro-management of the skill points is all about. This system seems to be designed for frequent changes to be done by people experimenting with builds. You set up a build, put the skill point in there, beat on a dummy for a while, pull that point back out and put it in another skill, or another morph, and repeat. That is what can happen here, and that is what this system allows. EXCEPT that they didn't update the payment system, so doing that bleeds you dry.

Edited by Elsonso on July 10, 2018 1:32AM
  • Phoenix_Azure_Stars
    Phoenix_Azure_Stars
    Soul Shriven
    I attempted just the morphed skill respec, despite there being a mentioned cost, no gold disappeared from my toon. The skills I selected to change, did change through. Just noting.
    Stand Tall Players of this World.
  • Leogon
    Leogon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought skill respec 2.0 would allow us to change 1 skill and pay for 1 skill. We still have to pay a ton of gold even if we just wanna change 1 skill. ZOS always finds a way to disappoint.
    Edited by Leogon on July 10, 2018 5:40AM
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seriously, the "cannot slot that ability" bug is crippling.

I cant respec any skills. When i attempt to via shrine or scroll, upon confirmation, the error pops up and i have to cancel. The only abilities on my bar are the auto assigned skills that were placed there when i was skiling everything upon entering the pts for the first time on a template character. There is zero ways for me to adjust anything. The character is unplayable.

Not sure what is causing this bug honestly, i cant replicate it.

Edit: Actually im fairly certain it has something to do with the template character starting out as a werewolf since its the same error you get on live when you are in wolf form and try to slot a skill on that bar while in form. The first thing i did was go cure lycanthropy, that may have something to do with it.

edit 2: Confirmed, the bug is caused by the werewolf template. I had to go cure vamp, purchased the lycan bite, THEN slotted the skills without issue, then once they were slotted i cured myself again of lycanthropy and it works so long as you dont try to replace any skils on the bar. After i was cured and all abilites were working, i went into skills to replace one ability for another at was fine... then i tried to do it for a second ability and it gave the same error so i had to get lycanthropy, slot the desired skills, then cure lycanthropy and play with the bars set up how they are. I havent tried to generate ult and cast werewolf form, and then let it expire since perhaps maybe the client is thinking the character is constantly in wolf form when you arent actually, and when you actually are, it thinks you arent (thus allowing you to slot abilities).
    Edited by exeeter702 on July 10, 2018 5:58AM
  • pw1f
    pw1f
    Hit a snug? Have purchased both 'feature' houses and furnished for 1 crown each: Now trying to preview; from store, Ebonhart chateau.

Unable to do so looping continuously loading: Hard-exit Ctrl-Alt-Del Task Manager and end Process tree. signed back on from Steam still repeating same 'bug'?
  • pw1f
    pw1f
    UPdate

Second-time hard exit; Steam updated. This seems to have fixed problem!
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not going to use this new respec system on live. The added convenience simply doesn't come close to making up for the cost.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    Not going to use this new respec system on live. The added convenience simply doesn't come close to making up for the cost.

I won't go that far, but I certainly won't use it more than I do, now. That is almost never, by the way. I would use it for tuning builds, instead of just living with build mistakes until enough things change to justify the expense.
  • Ganjii_x
    Ganjii_x
    As a console user not being able to access the pts can you remorph the skills on the go like cp or do you still need to go to the shrine?
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ganjii_x wrote: »
    As a console user not being able to access the pts can you remorph the skills on the go like cp or do you still need to go to the shrine?

you still need to go at the shrine.
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I thought skill respec 2.0 would allow us to change 1 skill and pay for 1 skill. We still have to pay a ton of gold even if we just wanna change 1 skill. ZOS always finds a way to disappoint.

Agree! :'( It was the only thing which sounded good in patch notes for me, but quick PTS cost check showed me that it's actually not a good thing at all :D If I still have to pay 15k, I might as well do full skill points reset.
  • ArtOfShred
    ArtOfShred
    ✭✭✭
    BUG: You cannot slot that ability.
    Submitted a ticket for this one too.

Not sure exactly how to replicate this but it seems to have something to do with dropping the Werewolf skill line. Maybe an internal index isn't getting updated right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22qqsOnqtRo

From my Youtube comment:
    Seems to be related to losing the Werewolf skill line. Before I had logged in here I removed Werewolf from the priest in Riften.

I can't give exact steps to replicate it unfortunately - but this persisted through relogging and exiting the game completely.

You'll see once I pick up the werewolf skill line again it fixes the issue instantly. It's also possible that this had something to due with removing the Sanies Lupinus buff from the Priest first - then removing the Lycanthrophy buff after.
    Edited by ArtOfShred on July 11, 2018 5:07AM
  • ArtOfShred
    ArtOfShred
    ✭✭✭
    BUG: Removing Werewolf form removes abilities from your active bar
    This is likely related to the above bug as well in some way. In this case when I put my skills back everything worked fine - maybe its NOT doing this that causes the issue.

Steps to repeat:
    -- Be a werewolf
    -- Grab a few morphs and move them around on your bar as you see fit
    -- Have the priest cleanse you
    -- Now your skills on your active bar will be removed temporarily (if you swap your weapon the abilities will reappear)
    -- If you enter the skills screen your bar will show missing these abilities, but if you exit skill screen they will still be on the bar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmkYcOcgArQ&feature=youtu.be
  • Sektion67
    Sektion67
    ✭✭✭
    This is what I was worried about, the cost. It doesn't need to be dirt cheap, but charging full price no matter how minor the adjustment is too much. I hope ZOS takes a closer look at this and reconsiders.
  • WaTeR-aBuSeR
    WaTeR-aBuSeR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Having to travel to a shrine to respec is terrible. I don't see why we need the extra step. Would have been nice if we could have multiple skill setups saved so we can just insta spec into the other one. Some morphs are clearly for pve and other for pve and having to waste time going to a shrine just to change a couple skills gets tiresome.
  • Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice if when previewing morphs your morph experience and level would properly show. As it stands now when you are deciding between two morphs the game shows both options as being rank 1, even though the actual experience and rank is beyond that. Only when you commit to the morph does the actual rank and experience of the ability correctly show.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would have preferred a higher cost per SP vs a flat cost but overall I do like the new system since it doe at least make doing a small respec easier.

Good QoL change, but as stated, could use some improvement like respect one point for 200 gold.
    Edited by idk on July 13, 2018 4:19PM
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same price no matter how many skills get changed? Here I was thinking this was a QOL change.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the price should be based on how many changes you make, not a flat expensive fee. I mean, CP is only $3000 gold... so if you're going to charge something that is several times higher, you should at least change it to be PER skill changed; either that or price it exactly the same as CP change cost.
    CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I couldn't agree more. The CP system is totally approachable. I never balk at needing to mess with my CP allocations, even if it's only a few points, because the 3000 gold seems fair.
    I was really looking forward to this new Respec system, but if I have to pay 13k or more even if I'm just moving one or two skills around, I can't see myself using it any more frequently than I do now.
    The only benefit it has in it's current state is that I won't have to re-spend points on crafting passives when I respec.
    There is already a set price per skill point in place, I suggest the cost should reflect the number of skill points removed, or else let us purchase a set number of skill resets in various amounts.
    Eg;
    Refund 10 skill points (1000)
    Refund 50 skill points (5000)
    Refund 100 skill points (10000)
    Refund all skill points (15000)
    Refund all morphs (5000)

Something like that. Then there's a counter that will limit the number of skills you can "subtract" and when you've used all the subtractions you purchased, that option goes away, and you can only spend skill points normally.

Anyway, something to hope for I guess
  • Eiagra
    Eiagra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When this goes live, I think it's going to be very very important to clearly communicate how the new respec system functions -- that it only changes how the respec process itself happens, and not the actual cost. Most folk that want to respec how it is on live right now only likely want to clear or adjust a few things, so most of their points are going back to where they were taken out. The ultimate cost, therefore, doesn't change regardless of whether you wanted to reclaim/adjust 4 points on Live/old system or 4 points on PTS/new system.

Of course, if all you want to do is flip some morphs around, the cost for that is significantly lower for endgame characters compared to a respec. And I imagine most folk will, like me, wait until the cost goes down to 1 gold per point after a major change before doing a respec regardless of old or new system.

The new system definitely is better, but like others I do wish it didn't have quite as much sticker shock, especially if someone needs to do a quick tweak immediately after a major one. There isn't a ready solution to this that doesn't de-value the crown store scroll, though.
          In verity.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's implementations like this that really make the community question your morals. People don't want to change their skill points for free, but making it cost the full cost of respecing all your skills is a clear cash grab for innocents who spend crowns on your respec tokens. (I don't understand who would but to each their own.)

Just imagine whoever designed this and had to get it approved to put in to the game.. "Yep that's a great idea, lets charge the same full price no matter how many skills they do!"

Come on.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm confused, will I still have the option to remorph cheaply? By cheap, I mean the exact 2-3k I pay now. Or is the new price to remorph 1 skill the price of completely clearing all skills?