The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PTS Update 19 - Feedback Thread for Item Sets & General Itemization

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for the new item sets and general itemization improvements. The team is looking for feedback particularly on updates to the Cyrodiil sets, improved Shadowfen sets, and the new item sets coming with Update 19.
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Extinct_Solo_Player
    Extinct_Solo_Player
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    makes sloads semblance unstackable or give it a long c/d. Not a fan of 1 button brainless sets that go through all types of mitigation.*edit" Also just reducing the seconds of defile uptime on duroks doesnt do anything if the set has virtually no cooldown so maybe you should look into giving the set an actual cooldown.
    Edited by Extinct_Solo_Player on July 9, 2018 8:27PM
  • chris211
    chris211
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is the official feedback thread for the new item sets and general itemization improvements. The team is looking for feedback particularly on updates to the Cyrodiil sets, improved Shadowfen sets, and the new item sets coming with Update 19.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    sloads and some other proc sets need to not proc on siege, and sloads procs from multiple players needs to not stack on one target
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (5 items) When you take Critical Damage, you apply Minor Maim to the enemy for 15 seconds, reducing their damage done by 15%

While you are adjusting sets, please consider reducing the duration of Minor Maim applied by Wizard's Riposte. An ungrouped player in Cyrodiil is constantly debuffed by this set as it is extremely common.

Thread with a more detailed post and discussion:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/398826/the-permanent-costume-of-ungrouped-players-in-cyrodiil-wizards-riposte-rant/p1
    Edited by zyk on July 10, 2018 6:03AM
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vykosa (Monster Mask)
    1: Healing Taken
    2: When you taunt an enemy, you frighten them with a deafening howl, applying Major Maim to them for 3 seconds, lowering their damage done by 30%. This effect can occur once every 15 seconds.
    First glance this is a nice set, but considering for at least PvE you have to always keep a target taunted, this set would look much nicer considering its uptime of 3 seconds if it was changed to either be a melee or a range taunt that proc'd the set. It's pointless if this set is procing each time you use a taunt and hes stuck in some animation and its wasted.

Could consider changing the uptime of it (3 seconds) or the downtime (15 seconds) or change the taunt types so you can control it more to get a use out of it. Being able to control a very short proc is pretty important
    Edited by Nifty2g on July 9, 2018 8:33PM
    #MOREORBS
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sload’s Semblance:
    Removed the first damage over time tick.
    The damage over time effect now begins dealing damage 1 second after it has been applied.
    Decreased the total damage by approximately 15% due to the removed tick.
    Fixed an issue where the damage over time from this item set was removing invisibility.
    Fixed an issue where the damage over time could proc itself.
    Sloads main issue was that it could stack effortless unmitigatable damage from multiple players thus making it a death sentence to players.

Make it so it can't stack but another sloads procing on you will refresh the duration of sloads.

Also, make sloads only proc on direct damage as the set is way too rewarding for how much little effort is needed for a big payout.
    Edited by Aliyavana on July 13, 2018 4:01AM
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    5: When you deal Critical Damage with a melee Light Attack, you gain a stack of Blood Scent for 8 seconds. When you gain 5 stacks, you become Frenzied for 5 seconds, increasing your melee Light Attack damage by 50% and attack speed by 50%. This effect can occur every 18 seconds.

What does Attack speed? Decrease the cooldown between light attacks? Makes the animation faster?
    Because I can!
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Please consider putting the 3-piece mounted speed bonus from the old Ward of Cyrodiil set back into circulation somewhere. It was a nice little utility bonus that was especially useful with only 3 pieces required.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xs6inxs6cve6.png
    db5phdlekgvw.png
    xjjze02epfud.png

The new sets are amazing. Is there any chance we can replace the Ordinator armor drop style set drops with the new battleground style? Lore wise the ordinators would kill any non dunmer for wearing Ordinator style armor and it would also be more fitting if the battleground npcs were given the new battleground set style to wear now that they appear in other zones outside of vvardenfell to represent their teams.

The sets you would be updating to include the new visuals would be
    wizards riposte
    cowards
    Impregnable
    Apherius wrote: »
    The NPC in the Gladiator districts should wear the news battlegrounds motif
    zhhv.png
    Edited by Aliyavana on July 9, 2018 11:08PM
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was very excited to see some sets were being updated to be rather disappointed to see it was 3-4 not so significant changes. There are so many useless sets in this game solely due to being outdated. Would love to see a large amount of these sets updated as it would bring in great diversity. You have the content/sets in place just need to tweak values! I believe in you guys.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The mount speed bonus from Cyrodiil's Ward was very useful and made the set a great utility set, whether it's something you don when riding across the map in Cyrodiil, or something you wear in town when you want to cut down the time it takes to deliver a writ in a big city.

A number of players have suggested outright reverting this change, but I personally think that the best solution is adding a mount speed bonus to the Adept Rider set.

As a crafted set, Adept Rider is more accessible and allowing players to choose the weight means that a wider variety of characters make use of the mount speed bonus (I don't particularly like putting Cyrodiil's Ward on a magicka character, but I do it anyway for faster rides in town). The mount speed bonus fits well with the theme and purpose of Adept Rider and makes an otherwise lackluster crafted set much more appealing.

Edit: Ideally, you should add the mount speed bonus as an additional 3p bonus of Adept Rider (in the same position as CW's speed bonus), so that people can just do a drop-in replacement of CW with AR.
    Edited by code65536 on July 9, 2018 9:36PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hatchling's Shell isn't applying any damage shield at all to my character.

The tooltip reads as follows:

(5 items) Gain a damage shield equal to 25% of your maximum health for 15 seconds every 0 seconds.
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wait, IC is in Cyrodiil, does that mean shieldbreaker will be looked at? WHOOP WHOOP HYPE

so Maybe just Maybe think about if a set that gives the wearer free 3.5k dps (more than some top duelers have with all their abilities combined) by spamming light attacks on a target that is actively defending himself is balanced?

• Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    zhhv.png
    Edited by Apherius on July 9, 2018 10:12PM
  • SevenPacer
    SevenPacer
    ✭✭✭
    A proper fix for Relequen would be better instead of killing it.
    @SevenPacer [PC/EU]
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    make sloads semblance unstackable

Also just reducing the seconds of defile uptime on duroks doesnt do anything if the set has virtually no cooldown so maybe you should look into giving the set an actual cooldown.

Agreed and yes.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apherius wrote: »
    zhhv.png

gonna put this in my old comment for visibility if you don't mind
  • Darkestnght
    Darkestnght
    ✭✭✭✭
    I personally feel the changes ESO makes to these set and the sets they keep adding add are just driving me further and further away from this game. I would like it better if 50% of the set out there just went away.
    Xbox NA - CP1300+
    Xbox EU - CP400+

• BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Moon hunter
    2: Spell Damage
    3: Spell Damage
    4: Spell Critical
    5: When your alchemical poison fires, increase your Spell Damage by 600 for 6 seconds.

Vs clever alchemist
    (2 Items) Adds 1206 Maximum Health

(3 Items) Adds 1206 Maximum Health

(4 Items) Adds 129 Spell Damage

(4 Items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage

(5 Items) When you drink a potion you feel a rush of energy, increasing your Weapon and Spell Damage by 653 for 15 seconds.

The set is totally out of balance in its current form.

Clever Alchemist provides less damage (782) and has a higher cooldown (66% cooldown)

Moonhunter gives you: 858 spelldamage and has a cooldown of ~40%.

This should be looked at especially with the huge power poisons have already, now you get further buffed for using already overperfoming things (talking pvp)
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Balorgh Monster Set:
    Weird interactions with the Minor Cowardice status effect. (+60% Ulti-cost)

Using a potion of Minor Cowardice (Lvl 10, Clear Water, Blue Entolma, Bugloss)

Will not grant the added bonus damage after using the potion, then using the ultimate. However, will grant that extra damage on the next cast of your ultimate, even if you are not currently afflicted with Minor Cowardice.

More info from @Lord_Ninka
    Lord_Ninka wrote: »
    It counts the 500, I've tested. So yeah, in medium armor with the right skills slotted it can end up as a 1500 weapon damage bonus after buffs, which is not to be sneezed at. It's bugged though and gives the bonus appropriate to your previous instead of current ultimate cast, so it's a bit confusing to test.

And yeah, it's going to be amazing for burst damage. Very good for killing people in PvP and very good when the last stage of a PvE fight is a damage race, I reckon.
    Edited by Avran_Sylt on July 9, 2018 11:37PM
  • Ladislao
    Ladislao
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would like to speak about Swamp Raider set.
    • Swamp Raider: Redesigned the 5-piece bonus from this item set.
      • OLD:
        • 5: When you deal damage with a Magicka ability, your Poison and Disease Damage abilities gain an additional 450 Weapon Damage for 10 seconds.
      • NEW:
        • 5: Adds 400 Weapon Damage to your Poison and Disease Damage abilities.

Probably, by this change you wanted to make it more attractive for use. But in fact the opposite happened.
    • The presence of the triggering condition makes it possible to use Swamp Raider from the backbar. The change forces you to use it from the mainbar, which deprives this set of flexibility.
    • Someone can say that it's silly to use a magicka ability as the condition for triggering the stamina-oriented set. But this is not true. This set can be attributed to the category "high price - high reward". That is, you get a slightly better bonus in return for some inconvenience.
    This advantageously distinguishes this set from the standard boring stats sets (for example, Strength of the Automaton or Silks of the Sun). Swamp Raider is very interesting set for nightblades and dragonknights (and not only), well synergizing with their abilities.

Therefore, I believe that it is worth repealing this change. In extreme case, if you really want to make this set better, you can make the trigger condition easier (for example, "When you use a Magicka ability..."). Otherwise, you risk killing a good niche set.

Thank you.
    Everything is viable
  • Lord_Ninka
    Lord_Ninka
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that swamp raider on live is more interesting than swamp raider on pts. I can see the sense of the change, it will be more straight-forward and easy to compare to other sets, it might even be needed for balance but it will also be just another boring flat bonus set instead of one you have to work just a tiny bit to make work, and I will at the least wish for a set that works similarly to good old swamp-raider.
    Edited by Lord_Ninka on July 9, 2018 11:54PM
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    BUG Report: BALORGH

This set seems to have inconsistency in it's damage buff. I've measured it several times in PTS and come up with the following results:

After using Ferocious Leap (125 ultimate x 2= 250 spell power increase), I'd glance at my tooltip to see what damage Ferocious Leap would cause (I know you can't Leap directly after a Leap- so I was using it as a "control" baseline for damage increases). This is with an Oblivion Damage enchant on my weapon (so no spell power enchant proc)

The baseline of my Ferocious Leap (only buffed by Molten Armaments) is: 21020
    After Leaping, I got the following readings (again, only buffed by Molten Armaments)

So, it appears that there's some sort of deviation that the set considers. But I'm not quite sure what it would be.

As a side note: I also discovered that you can get a consistent Leap for 21647 (Slimecraw) or a slightly higher Leap of 21704 (Domihaus- but it's a proc). I'll probably end up sticking with my old friend, Valkyn, though. He's been with me since COA came out. B)

I'd imagine that Balorgh would work best for MagSorcs by using Rune Cage, Meteor, Mage's Fury. (I plan to thoroughly test this out in PVP ;) )
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The issue with Duroks set was not how long defile was applied, it was that the cooldown allows for it to be applied immediately again when cleansed/expired. The cooldown should be increased to double the duration. Same with the defile on Cyrodiiils Crest/Ward. Sets should not offer free effects with better uptime than abilities which I think you are on the right track with. The general strength of defile feels necessary while it should not be so easy to keep it up all the time.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    They need to make it so that it cannot stack from multiple people.

That makes no sense. If multiple people hitting you with Sloads is killing you, it's doing so because of the "multiple" part, not because of the Sloads part. After all, people don't say, "only one Warden's fetcherfly should be allowed to do damage on me".

No, you're probably not going to survive 5 people hitting you with Sloads. But you probably wouldn't survive 5 DKs all putting their Burning Embers on you either.
    Edited by code65536 on July 10, 2018 3:29AM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Extinct_Solo_Player
    Extinct_Solo_Player
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »

That makes no sense. If multiple people hitting you with Sloads is killing you, it's doing so because of the "multiple" part, not because of the Sloads part. After all, people don't say, "only one Warden's fetcherfly should be allowed to do damage on me".

No, you're probably not going to survive 5 people hitting you with Sloads. But you probably wouldn't survive 5 DKs all putting their Burning Embers on you either.

If you want can arrange a test of 5 people light attacking you with sloads and then without sloads and you'll see that stacking unmitigated damage is unbalanced.
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The tank monster set's 3 second duration is peanuts.

If you want the set to see more use, that duration has to be upped to a duration worth slotting a two-piece set item for. Like ten. Would ten be OP? IDK. But Ten is what I'd stop using bloodspawn for.
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »

If you want can arrange a test of 5 people light attacking you with sloads and then without sloads and you'll see that stacking unmitigated damage is unbalanced.

Unmitigated damage does serve a purpose, namely to go past permablockers and shields. The issue stands as to what the amount should actually be?

In the case of max armor players (50% reduction, another 50% reduction on-top of that). Sloads should attempt to deal a multiple of the damage that a set like Viper's Sting does. (It's the same proc category)

Vipers, against a fully armored player in PvP, only deals around 400 Damage per second. Sloads, since it's using Oblivion Damage, a damage-type hallmarked for it's ability to bypass resistances, should improve on this case. A multiple of 2 being the easiest choice, of around 800 Oblivion Damage per second. Which, is about what it is currently.

Though, that doesn't account for the fact that the standard case is players having around 25% DR, if not higher. Meaning a set like Viper's typically only deals around 600 Damage per second or less. In this case, the 800 value makes a set like Sloads the no-brainer choice.

IMO, the damage of Sloads should at minimum be reduced to a value in the 600ish range. It's still going to be GOOD, because of how much stuff it bypasses, but it'll be about on par with Viper's Sting against standard targets.

Edited by Avran_Sylt on July 10, 2018 4:34AM
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am not sure if the sets are strong but they are really interesting this time.... i.e they are not random proc sets... my initial feeling is they might be a little too situational but that is part of the fun, engineering those scenarios in which they are strong.
    I am excited to test them at least.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Most if new sets are not good as expected. They will never be touched and are not appeasing Similar like Somerset overland sets.

Vykosa (Monster Mask)
    1: Healing Taken
    2: When you taunt an enemy, you frighten them with a deafening howl, applying Major Maim to them for 3 seconds, lowering their damage done by 30%. This effect can occur once every 15 seconds.

This monster set effect is truly unique idea this time but

1 x piece bonus is not needed as Tanks already have enough stacked healing relieved and hence should be changed to Max Health or Spell/Physical Resistance bonus

2 x piece bonus is nice but killer is cooldown, 15 seconds are too much. Make it single target set (only affects one target) with cool down of 10-12 seconds and apply effect for 5 seconds duration

This monster set have good potential to be use in PVE but cooldown will simply kill its use. Most of tanks will be will willing to losing their self sustain (2 x Mag Recovery) or other powerful 2 x piece affect for this.

Edited by Lord_Eomer on July 10, 2018 5:03AM
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Savos_Saren - I'm told it's not how much ultimate your ability costs, rather how much you actually have stored.