The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dual instances for large homes to effectively double furnishing limit?

Feric51
Feric51
✭✭✭✭✭
The largest, and by far most recurring complaint I hear voiced about housing is the cap on item limits. Even doubled with ESO+ is nowhere near enough to decorate the large homes, and I've visited players' houses like Hunding's Palatial Estate where they have maxed their item limit outside and had to leave the interior of the home completely barren, and there's still room for improvement outside!

Note* The following suggestion would unfortunately not work for homes that do not have a distinct "courtyard" and "interior" (ex Coldharbour Surreal Estate, Erstwhile Sanctuary, etc).

My suggestion is to have the courtyard and the interior of the home be completely different instances. Each would then have their own item and player limit caps and would allow for completely separate decoration of each.

Pros
- Ability to decorate inside and out without robbing from one to fill the other.
- Display trophies, collectibles, etc in both places
- Moar is betta!

Cons
- Loading screens when entering/leaving the house
- ??

This is just a thought some guildmates and I were discussing the other night. It has its limitations, for sure, but would be an "easy" fix to help ease the burden of the players who are excellent interior designers (of which I am not) who feel they must make difficult sacrifices at the cost of making it look "just right".

Thoughts?
Feric51
Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Strifur
    Strifur
    ✭✭
    I think it is a good idea. Perhaps one thing to add to the con list - zone chat would not work between inside and out. Not a big deal for guild/group, though.
  • glorinand
    glorinand
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I was also thinking of that. You know what would be extremely cool in this way? They could add collectible furnishings that would act like doors to other cells.

E.g. a door that you would place somewhere in your home and it would lead to a cellar, a cave, an underground vault, your own private pocket realm, anything... These could then be purchased separately and used with any home. They could also have a separate furnishing limit because of the load screen.
  • Ahzek
    Ahzek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the loading screens would be too much of an issue with that idea sadly. There is no "quickly going outside" when you have to wait for 5min everytime you do it.
    Jo'Khaljor