The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to not play horse simulator

Icaruzs
Icaruzs
✭✭✭
I'm new to the pvp, and i'm a totally noob. Everytime i arrive in a fight they kill me rly easy.

Do you guys have some tips and tricks for beginners in cyrodill/pvp.

I play as Magicka sorcerer, with julianos set only. Even stacking some shield they vanish so fast, that i dunno what to do.
Edited by Icaruzs on July 6, 2018 3:47PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you part of a group/zerg or by yourself? Hint, you really dont want to pvp solo.

Are you in Heavy Armor?

BTW, deaths are part and parcel to that zone, no matter how good you get.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get mount upgraded and use rapids skill!!

Also try battlegrounds. More action. Less riding

Dodge roll, stack shields. Have a good heal. Light of sight people. Learn.the map too.

Type LFG in chat and tag on a group.

Sotha Sil I ls more forgiving if ur low CP.

What's the rest of your setup? Wards only is a tough way to learn active defence. Look up Malcolms recent video on YouTube. It explains active and passive defence. Maybe roll some defence options to stay alive longer and learn.

What region / platform are you?
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Icaruzs
    Icaruzs
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you guys.

NA, PC

about my setup i'm in vivec right now. Using julianos and some random spellweave set.

CP 205, Warrior i'm upgrading bastion, Mage i'm upgrading elf born , elemental expert and spell erosion, Thief Tumbling and Arcanist.

For skills

I'm using dest staff (shock): destructive reach, cristal frags, haunting curse, Ball of lighting, Mage's warth

Ultimate Greater Storm Atronach

The second bar i'm using Healing ward, power surge, dark pact, empowred ward, harness magicka

Ultimate: reston ult (i dont know wich morph to go for pvp)

I feel like i cant do damage, but i die fast, rly fast
    Edited by Icaruzs on July 6, 2018 5:20PM
  • ezeepeezee
    ezeepeezee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly the best thing you can do is watch good players' streams or YT videos, and pay close attention to how they play. In this game you really have to push your ability to think and act strategically and quickly. For my part, I am only good at PVP because I've died hundreds or thousands of times (over several years, who can really say) and I've tried to learn from all of my failures. There are so many little things - positioning, resource management, getting into the enemy's head, and so on - that add up to success.

That said, your CP is a huge factor here. You don't really have enough to attain the levels of offense and/or defense to compete, so your best bet is to be part of a more or less competent team.

A few general tips that will help you, I think:

> Don't be in an open field alone if you can help it. Stick to objects/environments that will provide you cover from fire, and from which you can return fire in an unpredictable pattern. No level or combination of defensive mechanics will save you if people are free to accumulate and bear down on you in the open.

> Never stop moving. Weave between cover, but also between other players. Strong players rarely try to jump into a mass of players to defeat a wave of them. Instead they weaken that mass by killing the players who stray too far from the group. Don't be the stray.

> Keep your buffs up. When you're in a situation where combat might occur, don't stop buffing. It'll keep you in the habit of keeping your buffs up while actually in a fight as well. When I'm in Cyrodiil, the only time I'm not buffing is while I'm inside of a keep or AFK somewhere I can't be touched.

> Keep your head on a swivel. Especially on a class/build that requires you to actively pre-mitigate incoming damage. You need to be aware of where your enemy either is, or is likely to be, and prepare yourself mentally to engage.

> Don't be afraid to block. On a lot of my builds I run DW/2H, so I have to watch carefully for incoming burst damage and block only when it's appropriate. Burning a little stam to block an otherwise 6-10k frag is worth the trade. It's trickier with low stamina on a magicka build, but it helps to know that stamina is only drained every 1/2 second while blocking - so if you see a volley coming at you from several people or a ranged combo from one person, it's nearly always worth it to block.

> Try running 2 heavy / 5 light. So taking the most basic kind of setup, you can run:
    >> 2 heavy/1 light/staff Julianos (Heavy chest - impen or reinforced, heavy legs - impen, light boots - impen, Destro/Resto - sharp or nirn/powered or nirn)
    >> and some light armor drop-set - Spinner, Necro, or maybe even Riposte (gloves - impen, belt - impen, jewelry)
    >> If you don't have a monster set yet, you can run some 2pc to make up for any lack of stats you might be feeling. Else, try defensive sets like Bloodspawn, Troll King or Pirate Skeleton. You can move to offensive stuff once you are more comfortable with your ability to survive through other means.

-- I suggest using the belt/gloves for the drop set because that's how I do it personally. I always run the lighter type of armor on my belt and gloves, because they have the lowest value. So I could run either 5 heavy 2 medium/light, and I would know that all of my 5 piece medium/light sets will be compatible with my other set, whether it's heavy or also medium/light. This is just my strategy for utilizing limited storage space.

That's about it. If you have more specific questions I'll do my best to help you out.
    Edited by ezeepeezee on July 6, 2018 7:02PM
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also you need a proper build. PVP sorcs benefit more from max mag than they do spell-damage, as it also helps your shield strength.

Let me guess, your max mag is around 36-38k and your biggest shield maybe 10k?

You should be aiming for a minimum of 45k mag (depending on how much you can dodge) with a hardened ward of around 13-14k.

But biggest thing to avoid horse simulator is to stay close to friendlies, die close to friendlies then they can rezz you..
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    But biggest thing to avoid horse simulator is to stay close to friendlies, die close to friendlies then they can rezz you..
    I think this is the best way to start. refine your build, learn the ropes and branch out into other aspects of AvA from there.
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP does make a difference, but skill plays a bigger part. You just need to invest more time. You're playing against people that have been pvping for 2-3 years. Of course they're at a higher skill level. Give it time and you'll learn the ropes just fine. BGs can be easier to learn because you have more immediate feedback. "The last time I fought this guy X happened, this time I'm going to do Y instead." Just keep experimenting until you find something that works for you.
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First, put one shield on your front bar. This will immensely increase your survivability.

Second, PVP takes significant practice. You should notice yourself improving dramatically after you've put in 5-10 hours. After 20 hours, you'll have good battlefield awareness and should be able to survive a lot more encounters.
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Find a friend who is more experienced in PVP and willing to spend time to help you practice.

Figure out at least some kind of combo with dots, debuffs, stun and burst damage and duel your friend over and over until you get the hang of it.

As for your build, you will need some way to mitigate damage, either large shields (high max magicka, bastion passive, light armor dampen magic, hardened ward), blocking (sword & shield, sturdy trait, shadow ward passive, block cost reduction, various sets), dodge roll frequently (medium armor, tumbling passive, well fitted trait), or just very high resistances (heavy armor, various sets that add high phys,spell, crit resist). If you can do one of these well and at the same time enough burst damage to kill enemy player you will be ok.

Edited by IcyDeadPeople on July 13, 2018 2:22PM
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don’t die