The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

New crown only pirate ship home. No new housing slots confirmed? Zos acknowledgement.

Aliyavana
Aliyavana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
https://clips.twitch.tv/TenderEsteemedThymeDoubleRainbow

but no more housing slot increase was officially confirmed/deconfirmed. Also showcased new furniture I am not going to be able to put down. Literally so many people asking for more slots in chat but no confirmation of any slots at all in todays show. The only thing close to an acknowledgement we have is what rich lambert said in chat

oj3br76nvi33.png

They know we want it but didn't comment past that

As of now all we have is the words of a playtester and community member to go by
Nestor wrote: »
This was asked, and, no, Housing Slots are not due an increase.

The reason was given as a Technical one, related to the consoles (and I am guessing lower end PC's). The exact reason was not revealed. I know the devs want to give more slots, they just can't.
Edited by Aliyavana on April 13, 2018 11:28PM
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They’re gonna release a home that people would need like 7000 slots for :neutral:

It’s an amazing place but really they need to increase that furnishing cap.
  • makreth
    makreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ship House - crown purchased only. Too bad. Another one going to trash bin for me....
  • Raraaku
    Raraaku
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would love for limited, but craftable, storage furniture. Like 5-15 capacity max. Have a hard limit on how many of these units can be place within houses based on house size.

I know they probably won't (ESO+ and crown store $$$ opportunities too great), but if they did, I would love love love it.
    Edited by Raraaku on April 13, 2018 11:26PM
    Back from a much needed break. || I like having too many projects and working on them all at once.

Tank Enthusiast || CP: 445 || Stormproof

Tanks
    Karsaak gro-Ursa: DC || Orc || Stamina Dragonknight || Tank || Level: CP 445
    Sir Leopold Stotch: DC || Breton || Magicka Templar || Tank || Level: 445
    Protects-Squishy-Ones: EP || Argonian || Magicka Sorcerer || Tank/CC || Level: CP 445
    Björn Shadow-Walker: EP || Nord || Stamina Nightblade || Tank || Level: 15
    Tiberius Valerion: AD || Imperial || Stamina Warden || Tank || Level: 15

Damage Dealers
    Morrigan Ravyn-Cloak: AD || Altmer || Magicka Nightblade || DPS || Level: CP 445
    Ra'Zahkara: AD || Khajiit || Stamina Dragonknight || DPS || Level: CP 445
    Ezra al-Khazir: DC || Redguard || Stamina Templar || DPS || Level: 40
    Erryndril Telvaux: EP || Dunmer || Magicka Dragonknight || DPS || Level: 25
    Uzara gra-Khalari: DC || Orc || Stamina Nightblade || DPS [2H/DW] || Level: 15
    Solomon Motierre: DC || Breton || Magicka Sorcerer || DPS || Level: 20
    Ragnar the Wulf: EP || Nord || Stamina Warden || DPS || Level: 30
    Ra'Rahku: AD || Khajiit || Stamina Nightblade || DPS [Bow/Bow] || Level: 15

Healers
    Sees-through-Hist: EP || Argonian || Magicka Warden || Healer/CC || CP 445
    Daedalus the Artificer: AD || Altmer || Magicka Templar || Healer || Level: 15
  • Zhaedri
    Zhaedri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yet another gigantic expensive crown-only house with a pitifully small amount of item slots.

Why bother to release such giant homes if they cannot be decorated decently within the item cap and not feel empty?

Also rather annoyed that this is a crown only house; at least the ones with Morrowind were purchasable with gold too. I wonder if this will also be another limited time only house?
    @Zhaedri PC NA

• Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly I don't care anymore about housing slots, because every time they release big, cool house it's only crown store exclusive, like the ship one.

And I'm really disappointed that we won't get inn room, like we did in Morrowind.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    'Good night, Westley. Good work. Sleep well. I'll most likely kill you in the morning.'

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Zhaedri
    Zhaedri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    Honestly I don't care anymore about housing slots, because every time they release big, cool house it's only crown store exclusive, like the ship one.

And I'm really disappointed that we won't get inn room, like we did in Morrowind.

We will, it just wasn't shown.
    @Zhaedri PC NA

• MTijhuis
    MTijhuis
    ✭✭✭

They said we will get a inn room and a classic home. The classic home has been showed in eso live, will have 300/600 slots depending on if you have eso+ buy able with gold after you get the Summerset achievement.
    Edited by MTijhuis on April 13, 2018 11:40PM
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zhaedri wrote: »

We will, it just wasn't shown.

Will it be a room like the free one from starter quest with 50 slots, or like base game apartaments with 100 slots?
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah I ain't buying this cuz of slots
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too bad. Not buying it.

Raise the item cap.
    PC-NA Goat
  • aedra
    aedra
    ✭✭✭
    Zzzzz more overly massive houses targeted at the whales. Business is business I guess.
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That’s terrible news.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • lihentian
    lihentian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nothing to do with me. *ignoring housing over all
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    They’re gonna release a home that people would need like 7000 slots for :neutral:

I think the idea is that you could use any particular space in that giant area, but people will choose different portions to truss up how they like. That said yeah more item slots would make everything better.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER
    DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    crown store only? i watched eso live and they said you can buy it with gold
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    crown store only? i watched eso live and they said you can buy it with gold

No. They said it was crown store exclusive. The townhouse can be bought with gold.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on April 13, 2018 11:58PM
  • VilniusNastavnik
    VilniusNastavnik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm struggling to decorate (with clutter) my Mistveil Manor with the current ESO+ Cap.. right now it feels lived in, but also feels like a showroom home a it has a lot of empty spaces where clutter should be. Blank tables and cupboard..
    Then they release this large city home with the same cap.. nope.
    Active Toons:
    NA - VilniusNastavnik - Magsorc DPS - Altmer
    NA - Ko'h Nehko'h - Stamblade Archer - Khajit
    NA - Arwyn Winterlight - MagPlar Healer - Breton
    NA - Urog Blackfang - DK Tank - Orc
    NA - Elen Windsong - Stamsorc DPS - Bosmer
    NA - Eats-Strange-Fungus - Magden HealzTank- Argonian
    NA - Harwyn Northwind - MagWarden DPS - High Elf
    NA - Raises-Many-Families - Necro HealzTank - Argonian

Picture of my Active Toons.

Obligatory ESO Fashion website plug: Vil's Portfolio
  • MajesticHaruki
    MajesticHaruki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The alinor estate is OK with 600 slots. Of course, 1000+ would be ideal. BUT ARE YOU SERIOUS? The cap to furnish this entire cave/ruin/ship house is 700? Loooooool.
    PC/EU @MajThorax Sorcerer and Housing Decorator prodigy
    In my spare time I collect materials and run away from mudcrabs
  • jarydf
    jarydf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is it 1400 slots with eso plus?
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jarydf wrote: »

no, 700 I think
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jarydf wrote: »

It's 700 with ESO+, lol.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »

I think the idea is that you could use any particular space in that giant area, but people will choose different portions to truss up how they like. That said yeah more item slots would make everything better.

@Recremen I agree.

It’s just unfortunate that even though people will spend many millions of gold in-game (after spending real money to buy the home) it will still feel very empty. This home is a perfect example of why there needs to be a much higher cap/no cap on furnishings.
  • _Salty_
    _Salty_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont care if its 1 million slots. The only reason Im going to summerset is to kill as many Elves as possible then leave. Why would anyone want to live there?
    Psn l---Salty---l

Patiently waiting to make a Stankcromancer.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ooh a boat, now to add cages and go to Black Marsh and bring back a whole lot of lizzies.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The alinor estate is OK with 600 slots. Of course, 1000+ would be ideal. BUT ARE YOU SERIOUS? The cap to furnish this entire cave/ruin/ship house is 700? Loooooool.

The Alinor home was really nice tbh, and 600 slots is definitely enough to decorate it well. ZOS did an excellent job.

.... then they show us a cave of that size for only 100 more slots :lol: As cool as it was, I couldn’t help but laugh at the fact that you essentially have to choose only one of the many unique spots to decorate. They want us to make one spot cool and then leave the rest totally empty. Smh
    Edited by Vaoh on April 14, 2018 2:56AM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The Alinor home was really nice tbh, and 600 slots is definitely enough to decorate it well. ZOS did an excellent job.

.... then they show us a cave of that size for only 100 more slots :lol: As cool as it was, I couldn’t help but laugh at the fact that you essentially have to choose only one of the many unique spots to decorate. They want us to make one spot cool and then leave the rest totally empty. Smh

The garden was also empty in the furnished version of the townhouse though. Thankfully, it's mostly concrete so you don't need to spam flowers to make it look nice, but I still think 600 items is going to be tight. The Cave would need a limit of like 4,000, at least.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on April 14, 2018 3:03AM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    _Salty_ wrote: »
    I dont care if its 1 million slots. The only reason Im going to summerset is to kill as many Elves as possible then leave. Why would anyone want to live there?

weird, I will feel the same way for when murkmire comes out where I will kill so many argonians, who would want to live in that marsh?
  • _Salty_
    _Salty_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    _Salty_ wrote: »

weird, I will feel the same way for when murkmire comes out where I will kill so many argonians, who would want to live in that marsh?

If you do kill some can you craft me some boots?
    Psn l---Salty---l

Patiently waiting to make a Stankcromancer.
  • maryriv
    maryriv
    ✭✭✭✭
    I need at least 10x (lieterally) the number of slots in order to flesh out my home properly.

Why not make it like:
    10 Huge items
    100 Large
    1000 Medium
    10000 Small
    100000 Tiny

Items per Notable Home?