Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

For those of us that obsess over positioning...

• R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would pay this price for perfect symmetry 10 times over.

Edit: Any way to rotate the building so that the double row of columns faces inland?

I think I now have a good handle on using the addon. I will, of course, love to have you come view the finished product and if you think it worthy, take whatever footage you want and show others what your addon can do. It took me 4-5 hours to figure out how to use the addon, and then 2-3 to build the following.

Far from done, but it would have taken me several days to build this without the addon and it would have had multiple visual defects. I actually think the 50 square platform I started with might have taken weeks to align somewhat tolerably.

@Wreuntzylla I am very happy that you are getting more comfortable with the add-on! And yes, I would definitely like to come see this mysterious library that you are unearthing... please let me know when!

To answer your question regarding the columns: yes, most definitely. Here's a basic outline of the steps:
    1. Open the Select tab.
    2. Click the Clear button to make sure that your selection is empty.
    3. Change the Select Mode drop down to "Contiguous Items (Same As Target)".
    4. Enter house editing mode.
    5. Target a column and press the key bind you set up for Essential Housing Tools' Group Select under the Controls. One or more of the columns will be added to the list.
    6. Repeat the previous step until all of the columns have been selected.
    7. Now you may use the Rotate buttons - located in the bottom section of the window - to rotate the entire group of columns clockwise or counter clockwise.
    8. Note that by moving the Changes slider left (for higher precision) or right (for bigger increments), you can control how much the entire group is rotated with each click of the Rotate button.
    9. As always, if you make any mistakes, go to the Undo tab and click the Undo button to undo one or more of the most recent changes.
    Below is a demonstration that I made showing how to use the various Select Modes to select the columns that you want to manipulate. Understanding these can save you time when it comes to narrowing down the item(s) you want to edit with the tool. Please let me know if you have any questions! :smile:

• Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @R_K

Thank you for the video.

I had actually surpassed that level of use of the tool, and was really asking if there is an easy way to select and rotate the entire building, including the columns. No worries though, after contemplating, I modified the structure anyway to add even more columns.

I can't live without the addon anymore. Yesterday evening, I selected and moved some 80+ Ayleid shelves in unison, but missed one. Decided just to grab it and nail it in. After 30sec of manual alignment I realized I can't go back to that...

Except for round objects. I used the addon to align the second level of the structure to the base, which included adjusting the height to match the height of the imperial columns. The uniformity is, of course, perfect, so I can move columns around at will just using the right click align function.

Fyi, I am sending you some overall feedback/pipe dream requests through forum mail.

• R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @R_K

Thank you for the video.

I had actually surpassed that level of use of the tool, and was really asking if there is an easy way to select and rotate the entire building, including the columns. No worries though, after contemplating, I modified the structure anyway to add even more columns.

I can't live without the addon anymore. Yesterday evening, I selected and moved some 80+ Ayleid shelves in unison, but missed one. Decided just to grab it and nail it in. After 30sec of manual alignment I realized I can't go back to that...

Except for round objects. I used the addon to align the second level of the structure to the base, which included adjusting the height to match the height of the imperial columns. The uniformity is, of course, perfect, so I can move columns around at will just using the right click align function.

Fyi, I am sending you some overall feedback/pipe dream requests through forum mail.

@Wreuntzylla Ah, ok -- well good! Continue building amazing things and if my add-on helps, then that's just extra awesome. :smile:

Also, I think you already know this then but just to answer your original question (since I misconstrued it), you could have likely use the Select Mode Contiguous, so long as nothing else was touching the structure, to select the entire building with one click. (and then rotate it from there, obviously) :smile:

Ok, I'll check out your email in just a bit. Thanks!
  • Lyterette
    Lyterette
    ✭✭
    Sadly, I've been getting a UI error. I just downloaded the app yesterday and was super excited as I got practicing with it on using it to decorate with. However, after doing a screen resize, I can't seem to align objects. When I try, it gives me this UI error. I read back on this forum to see what can be done and I saw to disable the add on and try resizing the screen again before enabling it. That did not work. Still getting the error. Any other help would be appreciated. Here's a screenshot of the error I get:

uye0bf1tqbzr.png
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    R_K wrote: »
    This is going to be a long thread...!

So I ended up with all of my items a mile off, past trhe zone wall, and couldn't figure out how to bring them back.

nyeCCHN.jpg

I crashed several times in the process and eventually couldn't log that character in. I brought another to Topal and then eventually just used the stack function. Not a big thing, I knew it was a possibility that the learning curve would be steep.

The addon said 22 items were missing. It was only able to recover 2 of them. It will be a bit before I can tell if they are actually missing or it was an artifact of the crashes.

Now that I am starting from scratch, I decided to make a slightly different build to better integrate the library,museum and temple. To start, I wanted to place 50 ballroom pieces in a 10x5 filled rectangle. It won't work for me as it does for you in the video.

I think the problem is that the addon sees crown store bought pieces and crafted pieces as different items and I have ~40 of each. Which brings me to my question. Anyway to select two different items? I'll probably just buy enough Culanda Lacquer to have 50 even, but thought I would ask.

Wow -- I apologize for this rather large inconvenience... I wish I knew what steps transpired to lead to the whole house being completely offshore like that, lol. Please don't be offended, but I laughed out loud when I saw that picture just now. You are definitely taking it in good stride though -- and thank you for that! <3

First -- allow me to offer to meet up with you in game to help you with the add-on's basics. I'm on PC NA but if you're on PC EU, I can come to you there as well. Let me know if you'd like to.

With that said, I also wanted to just note that, if you see anything go wrong while editing things in the house, try checking out the recent changes in the Undo tab. As long as the add-on is running, it tracks the changes you make (with and without the add-on) so you ought to be able to undo any mistakes, big or small.

As for being able to select multiple item types: most definitely. There are a variety of Select Mode options on the Select tab. Generally speaking, you will want to work with either Single Item, Radius and Contiguous Items (Same As Target).

Single Item I think requires no explanation other than that all of these modes, including Single Item, are -adding- unselected items to the selection; but can also unselect items that were already selected. Ultimately, you're just building up a list of items to move, build with, animate, etc.

Radius selects the targeted item plus any items near to that item (this range is configurable in the settings).

Contiguous Items and Contiguous Items (Same As Target) select the targeted item and any items [basically] touching that item -- plus any items touching those items. It branches out -- as far as it needs to until it can't hop from one item to the next. And the Same As Target version limits the selection to items that are literally the same item ID as your original target.

On that note: I don't think the Crown and Crafted versions would have different item IDs; but, even if they do, you can select all of the Crafted ones and then just select the Crown ones right after that. All of them should pile up in your selection list. (and you can right-click individual items in that list to remove them if needed)

I'm so happy to see your enthusiasm about housing and about building things with the add-on so, if you can make the time, I really would like to help ya out in game. Again, let me know!

@Cardinal05

@R_K

Edit: Any way to rotate the building so that the double row of columns faces inland?

I think I now have a good handle on using the addon. I will, of course, love to have you come view the finished product and if you think it worthy, take whatever footage you want and show others what your addon can do. It took me 4-5 hours to figure out how to use the addon, and then 2-3 to build the following.

Far from done, but it would have taken me several days to build this without the addon and it would have had multiple visual defects. I actually think the 50 square platform I started with might have taken weeks to align somewhat tolerably.

cpPe5sp.jpg

IuBCN6d.jpg

hZnFXsg.jpg

No good recount of what the library looked like survives, but many artists have given their rendition based on the descriptions that we do have, knowledge of the architecture at that time and other tidbits.

Interestingly, in order to make a proper showing, I would have needed scroll cubbies and not bookshelves. The only scroll case I have are all daedric...

Edit: One artist's conception.

library-of-alexandria.jpg

oh. my. god.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    R_K wrote: »
    This is going to be a long thread...!

So I ended up with all of my items a mile off, past trhe zone wall, and couldn't figure out how to bring them back.

nyeCCHN.jpg

I crashed several times in the process and eventually couldn't log that character in. I brought another to Topal and then eventually just used the stack function. Not a big thing, I knew it was a possibility that the learning curve would be steep.

The addon said 22 items were missing. It was only able to recover 2 of them. It will be a bit before I can tell if they are actually missing or it was an artifact of the crashes.

Now that I am starting from scratch, I decided to make a slightly different build to better integrate the library,museum and temple. To start, I wanted to place 50 ballroom pieces in a 10x5 filled rectangle. It won't work for me as it does for you in the video.

I think the problem is that the addon sees crown store bought pieces and crafted pieces as different items and I have ~40 of each. Which brings me to my question. Anyway to select two different items? I'll probably just buy enough Culanda Lacquer to have 50 even, but thought I would ask.

Wow -- I apologize for this rather large inconvenience... I wish I knew what steps transpired to lead to the whole house being completely offshore like that, lol. Please don't be offended, but I laughed out loud when I saw that picture just now. You are definitely taking it in good stride though -- and thank you for that! <3

First -- allow me to offer to meet up with you in game to help you with the add-on's basics. I'm on PC NA but if you're on PC EU, I can come to you there as well. Let me know if you'd like to.

With that said, I also wanted to just note that, if you see anything go wrong while editing things in the house, try checking out the recent changes in the Undo tab. As long as the add-on is running, it tracks the changes you make (with and without the add-on) so you ought to be able to undo any mistakes, big or small.

As for being able to select multiple item types: most definitely. There are a variety of Select Mode options on the Select tab. Generally speaking, you will want to work with either Single Item, Radius and Contiguous Items (Same As Target).

Single Item I think requires no explanation other than that all of these modes, including Single Item, are -adding- unselected items to the selection; but can also unselect items that were already selected. Ultimately, you're just building up a list of items to move, build with, animate, etc.

Radius selects the targeted item plus any items near to that item (this range is configurable in the settings).

Contiguous Items and Contiguous Items (Same As Target) select the targeted item and any items [basically] touching that item -- plus any items touching those items. It branches out -- as far as it needs to until it can't hop from one item to the next. And the Same As Target version limits the selection to items that are literally the same item ID as your original target.

On that note: I don't think the Crown and Crafted versions would have different item IDs; but, even if they do, you can select all of the Crafted ones and then just select the Crown ones right after that. All of them should pile up in your selection list. (and you can right-click individual items in that list to remove them if needed)

I'm so happy to see your enthusiasm about housing and about building things with the add-on so, if you can make the time, I really would like to help ya out in game. Again, let me know!

@Cardinal05

@R_K

cpPe5sp.jpg

IuBCN6d.jpg

hZnFXsg.jpg

No good recount of what the library looked like survives, but many artists have given their rendition based on the descriptions that we do have, knowledge of the architecture at that time and other tidbits.

Interestingly, in order to make a proper showing, I would have needed scroll cubbies and not bookshelves. The only scroll case I have are all daedric...

Edit: One artist's conception.

library-of-alexandria.jpg

oh. my. god.

exactly my thoughts too stabbity! @Wreuntzylla and @R_K 's work was just mind blowing! It's still one of my favorite film projects I ever did. I was truly in awe of Wreuntz's interpretation and I recall how much it meant to Wreuntz that Cardi be thanked in the credits... he has done so much for all of us and this is just one of many examples.
    will repost link for anyone who hasn't seen.. though I also highly recommend seeing it in person.
    https://youtu.be/iKt-k6R6TCE
    Edited by Delphinia on September 23, 2019 9:48PM