The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should Nocturnal's Character Model Be Updated?

Aliyavana
Aliyavana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
My previous thread was derailed so please keep this discussion civil, don't bash each other nor zos as we are all adults here (or supposed to, its a rated m game) Constructive criticism only. My previous thread was about my opinions about nocturnal's appearance, this one is about what the communities opinions are about Nocturnal's appearance. Nocturnal Is THE MAIN ENEMY, and her appearance is outshined by the side characters. (note, I was given permission by a mod to open this topic as long as it is civil, please keep it civil and no name calling). Zos has changed character models before such as the dro mathra and I hope they consider doing the same.

Here are the appearances of her actual model and the statue model
y71ij2klu1bz.png
bvzd1mhsecxq.png
And here is how she looked in skyrim
fpacy3dgzibm.png
And here are the other daedric princes for reference
Mephala
atpqsiqk05dw.png
Clavicus Vile
wlq5g4mrvmwe.png
And Hircine
68a33893510406ab77c401f08f3bb866.jpg

Edited by Aliyavana on June 28, 2018 7:51AM

Should Nocturnal's Character Model Be Updated? 182 votes

Yes
76%
SolarikenEarrindoGreyleafEsha76Khivas_CarrickWhiteCoatSyndromeFaulgorFWSWBNAimoraKnootewootNebthet78Brother_NumsieValen_ByteUloSheezabeastShagrethwalkerjonesadriant1978falcasternub18_ESOKorah_Eaglecry 139 votes
No
8%
vailjohn_ESOAcrolasotis67NyghthowlerfeyiiCorpierRogue_GhostChrysa1isAnti_VirusRaddlemanNumber7NarvuntienjohnvailMaryalOrticiaNickSternJessieGoesBoom 16 votes
I dont care
14%
DolgubonEdaphonWolfchild07Ahzekkargen27SarevoccItoqsix2fallvonScuzzmanChunkyCatProf_BawbagLuigi_VampazykPixel_ZealotPhantomOcelotKawallmesmerizedishmocapKiralyn2000Hippie4927 27 votes
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Here is the picture of her unique modeled henchmen for reference
    a2krutc62zgm.png
    If this character model can get hair under their hood with a beautiful face, nocturnal can atleast get a some hair under her hood with a beautiful face.
    rpzka78nfd8u.png
    l71ag1be1wnq.png
    xbt39xud1g3v.png
    Edited by Aliyavana on June 28, 2018 1:13AM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm fine with Nocturnal being a Redguard. After all, this game's Thieves Guild is in Hew's Bane.

I do wish she got a better costume than a hilariously low res version of the costume that we all got from the Crown Store.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I'm fine with Nocturnal being a Redguard. After all, this game's Thieves Guild is in Hew's Bane.

I do wish she got a better costume than a hilariously low res version of the costume that we all got from the Crown Store.

Like she can be a redguard and all but its disappointing that she isnt a unique looking redguard. Like raz, darien and other characters even got unique armor this expansion. At the very least id like her to have hair and maybe glowing eyes.
    Edited by Aliyavana on June 28, 2018 1:19AM
  • A_Silverius
    A_Silverius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    For sure yes! Please ZOS :) I believe you can do better than this:
    28kqyd1.png
    Yes that is nocturnal.
    Edited by A_Silverius on June 28, 2018 1:21AM
    All over Tamriel, theres a sudden spike in Bosmers getting caught for their crimes. A sad day indeed... #FightForYourRite Give Bosmers back our stealth!
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    How can anyone vote no? Do you vestiges have no soul?
    Edited by Nyladreas on June 28, 2018 1:53AM
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Lol, that’s pretty bad
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont care
    I care that there was no epic battle at the end. I miss when you might die a few times in the final battle of a main quest line.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    28kqyd1.png
    Yes that is nocturnal.

Are those *gasp* individual pixels?!?! :o

Honestly that looks like something taken from The Elder Scrolls Adventures: Redguard :smiley:
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Aliyavana wrote: »

Like she can be a redguard and all but its disappointing that she isnt a unique looking redguard. Like raz, darien and other characters even got unique armor this expansion. At the very least id like her to have hair and maybe glowing eyes.

Yeah, nobody is saying she cannot be a redguard. Heck, in skyrim's game data, her model was a redguard. She just needs a revamping on her outfit and effects. She could have a dark blue, purple, and black aura surrounding her, with crows on her arms or shoulders. Hair coming out of her hood (like her daedra have). Just don't take a generic redguard, throw the robe on her, and call it a day. That's not cool.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • JaZ2091
    JaZ2091
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont care
    Well I already completed it and the impression will be ever lasting. I don't expect them to make changes.

Edited: To be nice.
    Edited by JaZ2091 on June 28, 2018 3:22AM
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    And while theyre at it they should give Clavicus some unique clothing options that isnt just a Crown Store costume.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    28kqyd1.png
    Yes that is nocturnal.

Was I the only one who thought of this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbaz5gwtQOA
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Nightfall12
    Nightfall12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Well i said Yes, but now i'm starting ti think maybe no.....hear me out.

This sets up the next future DLC project where it is revealed that Nocturnal was not involved in the CWC or the attempt on Summerset at all, but it was infact just a deadric cosplayer with delusions of granduer...attempting to trick us all.
    Ummm stuff… about stuff…or something.
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Why can't i have those costumes... And why is their hair in the way of their breasts all the time..
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I really think just two things need to be changed. She needs to have hair, that's kind of a big deal. And she needs a different outfit. The one she is wearing I believe was just overthought. The dress she wears in the statue would be fine. It's still sexy without trying to show off her chest. But it's not just the outfit style it's the coloring. I think it would be better if it was maybe matte black and accented with glossy(shinny, not lit up) black/dark grey. The glow is just cheesy.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • TheUndeadAmulet
    TheUndeadAmulet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    lol clavicus could get a minor upgrade too tbh
    XBOX NA 1000+ CP
    nerf ping please
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    neh this is silly
    Edited by Narvuntien on June 28, 2018 4:53AM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Narvuntien wrote: »
    Daedric princes can change their appearance on a whim. Her whim was to be redgaurd today... will be something else tomorrow.

Also people have a habit of making their gods look them (blue eyed jesus *cough*), so the people that made the statues probably made her look like them.

Or she chose to be breton when talking to bretons and redgaurd when talking to redgaurds, high elf when talking to high elf etc. Probably doesn't feel the need when wandering around her own realm where you apparently meet her.

also spoiler...

Yah, daedric princes can choose to look like anything, but we wanted her to look like a redguard at the very least that doesn't look randomnized
  • inclinations
    inclinations
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes.

But not the shrike. Its just a nord with hair we don't yet have and scaled huge. I was disappointed with these too
    Vet Maelstrom makes me cry.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The answer is yes but it is extremely unlikely to happen no matter how long a threads get about it.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    idk wrote: »
    The answer is yes but it is extremely unlikely to happen no matter how long a threads get about it.

they have updated models in the past, like the dro mathra. They have even more reason to because of the fact that she is the main villian
  • Rogue_Ghost
    Rogue_Ghost
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I'll simply add that I am glad I was able to add the statue of Nocturnal to my home outside of Riften. Always was my favorite one of the bunch, and the statue looks great when it's lit properly!
    Edited by Rogue_Ghost on June 28, 2018 5:12AM
    "Death smiles at us all. All one can do, is smile back."
  • Shazanti
    Shazanti
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Her model seriously looks like a placeholder, as if not even a modicum of effort went into her design. This is especially conspicuous when put in comparison to the shrikes and Mephala. I was pretty stunned when I saw her in the Summerset quest, because it just felt so... placeholder.

As others have stated, Nocturnal as a Redguard is right, and logical. Nocturnal as a hairless, gigantically inflated, generic Redguard in that unfitting, gaudy dress... just does not feel like Nocturnal.

Love her statue. Wish she looked even remotely like it.
  • Shawn_PT
    Shawn_PT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I don't have anything to add that has not been said before on this subject, except for some wishful thinking.

We already had Clavicus' outfit made available to us. We also had Nocturnal's outfit in the store. When can we get that Amazing Spider-woman dress (extra legs included)? ZOS take my money.
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runs wrote: »
    I really think just two things need to be changed. She needs to have hair, that's kind of a big deal. And she needs a different outfit. The one she is wearing I believe was just overthought. The dress she wears in the statue would be fine. It's still sexy without trying to show off her chest. But it's not just the outfit style it's the coloring. I think it would be better if it was maybe matte black and accented with glossy(shinny, not lit up) black/dark grey. The glow is just cheesy.

The costume is based on the one from Skyrim but very badly done. She also had crows on her arms there!

Edited because I can't get picture to link so trying this instead

skyrim__nocturnal_by_thelisa120-dbrguwr.jpg
    Edited by lillybit on June 28, 2018 5:47AM
    PS4 EU
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    lillybit wrote: »
    Runs wrote: »

The costume is based on the one from Skyrim but very badly done. She also had crows on her arms there!

Edited because I can't get picture to link so trying this instead

skyrim__nocturnal_by_thelisa120-dbrguwr.jpg

fpacy3dgzibm.png
    Non modded version, but the dress looked better in skyrim
  • darkstar2084
    darkstar2084
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes!!! with the affects in Eso so much more could of been done. A tweaked Shrike model would of been better. Added effects like Swarm of Crows memento, unfathomable proc. levitating animations like meditate or the living Gods use aswell. an improved Frock more like the original with hair showing underneath. A teleport into blackness instead of Nocturnal running which looked lame.
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont care
    so many spoilers here... Dude, place some ALERTS in first post, pls.
    Edited by mocap on June 28, 2018 6:56AM
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    leeux wrote: »
    28kqyd1.png
    Yes that is nocturnal.

Are those *gasp* individual pixels?!?! :o

Honestly that looks like something taken from The Elder Scrolls Adventures: Redguard :smiley:
    yes, its the same outfit as in crown store, it got critic for bad textures. Now scale it up a lot.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Spoiler in the title! :tongue:
This discussion has been closed.