The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crown store suggestion, class and faction change tokens

notyuu
notyuu
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
A simple idea really, offering up tokens that allow people to change their class and faction respectively.

the class change token would do exactly what it sounds like, change your class, with the trade off being that you would have to level up the class skill lines as well as said skills in the skill lines from 1 again [but that takes what.. 1-1.5 days tops at cp160+]

The faction change token [which i think most of you came here for] would work as follows..you buy it..use it, and boom, you change faction..no timer, no limit, no restriction
HOWEVER it will come with one drawback, a traitor debuff for the faction you left [i.e. if you went from ad to ep, you'd have AD traitor debuff] which causes you to take an addational 50% damage and deal 25% less damage to the faction you came from, lasting 15 days [debuff timer ticks down even when logged out, much like the bite timer for WW/vamp..entire reason debuff exists is to discourage people from bandwagon hopping across factions to "the winning one" every time without conquence]
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wtf this debuff. So changing factions would come with a 15 days time span where pvp is simply unplayable.

Give it a 30 days cooldown to prevent fractionhopping and its fine

But i would really love to change my Alliance.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    you have 7 of them & can buy 7 more
    They are called alts!
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gythral wrote: »
    They are called alts!

ah yes..let me just re-roll an alt, collect all the skyshards, get back to level 50, reaquire all the perks, get figherts guild to 10, mages guild to 10, alliance war to 10, get back the 47 motifs and amx out the crafting skills again.....
  • jtide
    jtide
    Soul Shriven
    notyuu wrote: »
    Gythral wrote: »
    They are called alts!

ah yes..let me just re-roll an alt, collect all the skyshards, get back to level 50, reaquire all the perks, get figherts guild to 10, mages guild to 10, alliance war to 10, get back the 47 motifs and amx out the crafting skills again.....

The mount training. Undaunted. So about 6 months
  • madchuska83
    madchuska83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Class Token, no. Level an alt like we all have to.

Alliance Change, yes. One per character per home campaign. No home campaign changes after the alliance change until campaign ends.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about, instead of an Alliance Change Token, we simply choose what faction to fight for at the start of a campaign? (or when joining one) And you have to stay with that faction for the entire campaign duration
    Edited by Tryxus on June 26, 2018 1:01PM
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LOL i have no idea why customers are against Class change here like it breaks time and space reality..

I mean seriously who cares if someone changes their class lol
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DanteYoda wrote: »
    LOL i have no idea why customers are against Class change here like it breaks time and space reality..

I mean seriously who cares if someone changes their class lol

I dont know either. Some players just want to spread salt. Who cares if you Change class/race/name/look/alliance.
  • Pixel_Zealot
    Pixel_Zealot
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are MMO's who allow class changes, which works really well because it takes like 127 hours playtime to get to max level. You can do it in ESO in like a day, so I'm not sure why there is a need for class change tokens.

Alliance change.. I wouldn't put a timer debuff on it. I would probably make a Traitor debuff to make sure you can't return to your abandoned faction.
    Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?