Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO Battle Royal - Yes or No?

amir412
amir412
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm kinda tired looking my place as CP pvper,

I think battle royal can be a really nice mode in PVP, Alternative to cyrodill with less lag and gurantee decent fights, think of how many different and complex pvp situations it can create.
It can help ESO get into the comptetive PVP scene, and make it more interesting.

BG's are implentad very very bad IMO, Duels are trash, and cyrodill, well dont get me started.

The Bad:
* Friends will gib other players together - Thus names should be hidden.
* Proc sets
* Broken builds
* Tanks - Winner at final circle should be chosen by dmg done, or higher kills.
* Bad rewards as we already know ZOS

The Good:
* Get ESO into E3, etc
* Multipile modes, DOUS, Squad, ETC
* Small Scale fights
* Answer to CP pvpers have their place when cyrodill becomes a mess (80% of the day)
* Make ESO more popular - (First MMO with battle royal sounds cool to me)

Edited by amir412 on June 24, 2018 6:52AM
PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
"..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

ESO Battle Royal - Yes or No? 144 votes

Yes
38%
Solarikenj_s_lemasterb14_ESOBaByDontHurtMeIruil_ESOAltaris16_ESOkickback120ub17_ESOtourerttrwb17_ESOSkoomahVanzenRagnaroek93SorisVynistAdzyTaylorCorpierCaza99Strider__RoshinMaster_KasTheRealSnikerallup8679Hammy01 55 votes
No
56%
ZelosBelegnoleArobaingrim_tacticswenchmore420b14_ESOAzuryaTurelusIzanagi.Xiiib16_ESOMost_AwesomeBam_BamkwisatzYakidafiKoensolDatolitecac1977ub17_ESOMaximillianDiEkkravaritieb17_ESOElsirLinearParadoxWing 81 votes
Other,
5%
arkansas_ESOSeptimus_MagnaidkSHADOW2KKEirellaDracan_FontomReverseVenomAznox 8 votes
  • TimeDazzler
    TimeDazzler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    We would practically have a battle royale if ZOS gave us an incentive to go to IC.
    PC NA
    Characters:
    Tımë Ðâzzlër - Stamina Warden - AD
    Tımë Ðâzzłër - Magicka Nightblade - AD
    Tımë Ðâzzłêr - Stamina Templar - AD
    Sugar Deady - Magicka Necromancer - AD
    Sprint v X - Stamina Sorcerer - EP
    Tımë Ðâzzlër Ðk - Stamina Dragonknight - EP
    Time Dazzler - Magicka Warden - DC
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Cries wrote: »
    We would practically have a battle royale if ZOS gave us an incentive to go to IC.

Actually making IC to something like battle royal, is decent idea aswell

• amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I wonder, all of u that have voted no, do u even have a reason? Why would u say no to another PVP enironment?
    I bet u simply saw battle royal, and the negative thoughts came in auto'.

• Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Battle royal would work better in noCP, much more offensive game with fewer eternal stalemates. Even in No-CP each fight would end in a draw between multiple unkillable tanks, champion points would only make that problem worse.

A good mode for CP would be 12v12 team brawls where focus firing and coordinated ult usage would negate the inherent tankiness and sustain that the champ system provides.
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Sounds cool.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • TheRealSniker
    TheRealSniker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Although this "battle royale" idea might had turned out to be a meme in the past few months, I totally agree, it would be so much fun.
    Only problem is that the queues would be massive and Im nto sure if we can even find 50 players to participate, not talking about 100... and just imagine the lag...
  • Jurand80
    Jurand80
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    no because i don't want to fight 99 nightblades or 99 tanks
    Edited by Jurand80 on June 24, 2018 1:36PM
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We've been asking for this for years :D , long before those other games even existed.

What I'd love to see is free for all classic deathmatch mode for BG and some way for us to host private BG matches, for example, queue up in a group with 12 people, or queue 3 different teams from your guild at exactly the same time for guaranteed private session.

Would also be nice if someday we get a kind of arena category of player housing, so we can design our own BG maps, host matches and tournaments in our house, maybe the best maps get added to the game

Edited by IcyDeadPeople on June 24, 2018 2:08PM
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Something like a solo death match would be nice. The only problem is it would basically be all nightblades hiding
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    God no. NBs would just stealth away from everything and win by default.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I would love to participate in a Battle Royal mode...

Everyone would have to stand on his/her own; there would be no one supporting someone to cover weaknesses in their build...

Bring on Battle Royal mode!

:)
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Bomblade says hello free AP
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn’t work. Would have to play with presets for it to even be entertained.
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    ak_pvp wrote: »

Cloak isnt balance anyways in it current state, same thing can happen in BGS + Cyrodill.
    Should get the streak treament imo,

But anyways, i truly think that mode can be really nice, you will actually be able to pvp instead commenting here on the forums at this hour (; already 250 ping at vivec.

I wouldnt say free ap, as in battle royal how many player will be stacked?

• RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Having more options is always better than having fewer.
    PC EU
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I mean, i log in to cyrodill to find fights, most of the time i find zergs or just lag to death, why would any1 vote no for an environment that push players to fight each others?

• IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    amir412 wrote: »
    ak_pvp wrote: »

Cloak isnt balance anyways in it current state, same thing can happen in BGS + Cyrodill.
    Should get the streak treament imo,

But anyways, i truly think that mode can be really nice, you will actually be able to pvp instead commenting here on the forums at this hour (; already 250 ping at vivec.

I wouldnt say free ap, as in battle royal how many player will be stacked?

And this mode won't help you with 250 ping.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • LinearParadox
    LinearParadox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No. Just no. For the love of Talos NO.
    *** this idea, *** that cancerous game-type slowly working it's way into everything, *** hunger games and the like for popularizing it, and *** the legions of mindless zombie kiddies that play it incessantly for no reason other than it being the latest craze.
    NO.
    twitch.tv/linearparadox
    Benthar the Unkillable - lvl 50 StamDK - AD
    High Confessor Celosia - lvl 50 MagDK, AD
    Aeolyndra Sunstrider - lvl 50 Magplar Support God, AD
    Maldreth Angala - lvl 50 Magicka PetSorc, AD
    Veldrosa Wyldwind - lvl 50 StamSorc, AD
    M. Night Shatupon - lvl 50 MagBlade, AD
    Vestonia Ironhardt - lvl 50 Warden GuardTank, AD
    Bone Daddy - lvl 50 Stamcro, AD
    Abra Kedaver - lvl 50 Magcro, AD
    CP 1100+
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other,
    Meh, other games do it better, e.g PUBG, BF5 is gonna have it, and I am pretty sure they could do a better job in their sleep at this kind of gameplay than ZoS ever could.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    *** this idea, *** that cancerous game-type slowly working it's way into everything, *** hunger games and the like for popularizing it, and *** the legions of mindless zombie kiddies that play it incessantly for no reason other than it being the latest craze.
    NO.

Going against the majory doesnt make you cooler u know,
    This mode can provide what ever CP pvpers are seeking. It can also provide consistent content for streamer.
    SHADOW2KK wrote: »
    Meh, other games do it better, e.g PUBG, BF5 is gonna have it, and I am pretty sure they could do a better job in their sleep at this kind of gameplay than ZoS ever could.

Never seen an MMO with battle royal, and i kinda of like the idea tbh.
    Sure, if cyro would function then i'll spend the day there, but currently its clearly not, i literally need to quit my job to have fun there before the lag kicks in.
    Edited by amir412 on June 25, 2018 8:51AM

• LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know man, if the lag was minimal and all that, sure. I'd love to beat up on the next guy next to me, maybe as some weird daedric arena realm or something, totally nuts and without any rules. I'm sure it'd be better than Cyrodiil anyway...
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I don't know man, if the lag was minimal and all that, sure. I'd love to beat up on the next guy next to me, maybe as some weird daedric arena realm or something, totally nuts and without any rules. I'm sure it'd be better than Cyrodiil anyway...

Well, battle royal always based around 100 players shrinking into one tiny cycle to the last fight,
    And im sure that cyrodill does not lag with 100 players in it, so there is no reason this mode will lag aswell (;
    Edited by amir412 on June 25, 2018 5:39AM

• LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, battle royal always based around 100 players shrinking into one tiny cycle to the last fight,
    And im sure that cyrodill does not lag with 100 players in it, so there is no reason this mode will lag aswell (;

Yeah but I think you and me had slightly different ideas about this. You're probably thinking of something huge like Cyro and then the circle, I was thinking more along the lines of a big arena and we're just dropped in there to fight lol
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

Yeah but I think you and me had slightly different ideas about this. You're probably thinking of something huge like Cyro and then the circle, I was thinking more along the lines of a big arena and we're just dropped in there to fight lol

Nah, i think cyro is way too big for battle royal, maybe half of it in the size, battle royal still need to be fast delievered action.

• VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Battle Royale basically means no rezzing during the round - once you are dead, you are dead. Is this right?
    @ElizabethInAustin
    NA/PC
    Eleanour Masterham - Breton Templar
    Elise Masterham - Breton Magicka Nightblade
    Elinora Valen - Dunmer MagDK
    Elsa Masterham - Breton Mag Warden
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I think an ESO royale mode has the potential to be really cool but it will never happen
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other,
    It is great different games have different styles of PvP. That does not mean every game should copy every other game. If you want to play battle royale so much, go play it.
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I am correct and it's "Last Man Standing" type of play, other MMOs have this - SWTOR has it. It could easily be implemented into Battle Grounds for a four man team only.

On a massive scale? No, just no.
    @ElizabethInAustin
    NA/PC
    Eleanour Masterham - Breton Templar
    Elise Masterham - Breton Magicka Nightblade
    Elinora Valen - Dunmer MagDK
    Elsa Masterham - Breton Mag Warden
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    NO.

Free For All is implemented in every arena shooter since 20 years.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It could easily be implemented into Battle Grounds for a four man team only.

Using existing BG structure/maps and having it be just a 16 man free-for-all, no respawns would be fun a few times.

Would likely get old really fast, though.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub