Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Vid] Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned | 1vX MagDK | Summerset

Taylor_MB
Taylor_MB
✭✭✭✭✭
MagDK still continues to be strong AF, my funnest 1vX build by far! Bleeds and Sloads get annoying real quick, those promised nerfs can't arrive quick enough. Honestly think the Battle Roar change a while ago was the best thing to happen to no-cp PvP MagDK, such a balanced class in terms of resource usage. Clips from Summerset and whatever the last patch was called. Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/C9ximJzIokY

0:00 - "Push the Porch"
1v5
2v3

1:30 - Bridge Wars!
1v1
1v3

2:33 - Field Fight
1v4

3:24 - Traitorous Duel
1v2

4:39 - Splitting the Scroll Zerg!

3v9

5:32 - Accidental Duo Resource Farm
2v10
PvP Defensive Set Comparison
Firestarter MagDK 1vX
- build and gamplay!
LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
- build and gamplay!
ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
- build and gamplay!
Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
My YouTube Chanel

• Lichbourne90
    Lichbourne90
    ✭✭✭
    Xv1 Rezzers :s
  • LuxLunae
    LuxLunae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah but you know in no-cp areas they don't have the best of the best.
  • Tiphis
    Tiphis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great vid, but Im curious as to what people think about the shattering rocks morph instead of fossilize. I know you said that having the root at the end was nice with lag, but having both power lash and the shattering rocks morph would be a very decent heal, especially with not having much by way of burst heals.

Edit: the shattering rocks morph has the next attack made by the enemy within 5 secs to heal whoever they attack for a decent amount
    Edited by Tiphis on June 25, 2018 2:46AM
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @LuxLunae
    1xV in CP way easier then in no-CP. Without CP you are simply more skilled, with CP you are more skilled and likely have a CP advantage (and the knowledge of where to distribute). Asides from proc set gankers, I've never heard a solo player say 1vX is easier in no-CP.

Every time I venture to Vivec I'm shocked by
    a) How many zergs there are (even when pop is 1 people still manage to zerg)
    b) How easy it is to 1vX when you break the zerg down a little.

Just my experience with the difference.

@Tiphis
    I have not unmorphed in a while, what is the tooltip on the heal? Likely halved by battle spirit also. I don't write the skill off completely, but the added root just allows so much control over the fight, would have to be a pretty big heal once every 6 seconds (is that the hard CC cooldown now?) to justify the trade.

Edited by Taylor_MB on June 27, 2018 8:37AM
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taylor_MB wrote: »
    @LuxLunae
    1xV in CP way easier then in no-CP. Without CP you are simply more skilled, with CP you are more skilled and likely have a CP advantage (and the knowledge of where to distribute). Asides from proc set gankers, I've never heard a solo player say 1vX is easier in no-CP.

Every time I venture to Vivec I'm shocked by
    a) How many zergs there are (even when pop is 1 people still manage to zerg)
    b) How easy it is to 1vX when you break the zerg down a little.

Just my experience with the difference.

@Tiphis
    I have not unmorphed in a while, what is the tooltip on the heal? Likely halved by battle spirit also. I don't write the skill off completely, but the added root just allows so much control over the fight, would have to be a pretty big heal once every 6 seconds (is that the hard CC cooldown now?) to justify the trade.

The problem with fossilize atm is, that enemies normally dodgeroll after breaking free, since they are also rooted. This mostly happens at the time when you have set them offbalance with flamelash and you just want to proc your powerlash. If you are inexperienced, then a lot of your powerlashes will be dodged because of the root, causing you to not get your heal.