Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Master DW Axe Bleed + Master Bow + 2 DoTs + Pressure = Sorc still happily bunnyhops in shields.

• LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey OP, look what I've got for you. :)

bunny_hopping.jpg
  • olesmo
    olesmo
    ✭✭✭
    Nyladreas wrote: »
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Lol if you can’t pressure a sorc with all that fancy gear then it’s definitely a L2P issue. Bleeds are super deadly to a sorc. Also I hate when people list their weapon damage as some kind of ultimate answer to any other question you could ask about their build or skill level. 4.5k wpn damage = I should be able to beat anyone. I used to complain about mag sorcs constantly, I leveled one some time before Summerset and now I don’t feel the need to complain about them as much even though I’d say I’m only on it about 30% of the time and on stamina the rest. Playing one just helps you separate the perception of “god mode” from skill and you know when someone has been carried by mag sorc skills a little or when they’re just a better player than you. So, I invite you to level a mag sorc and play one for a while, leveling goes pretty fast these days, BiS mag sorc gear is easy to get.

I mean honestly how you can be sure the person just wasn’t a lot better than you? Gear and stats doesn’t mean a thing. You complain that this person was carried by their class and then say that you should have been able to beat them because of have certain gear. Isn’t that pretty ironic?

So your definition of skill is bunny hopping and spamming shields? That's a lot of damn skill man. I wish I could do that. That's literally my only complaint as I didn't lose the fight. It's just very, if not extremely annoying to see someone just bunny hop for an entire minute and a half hoping to be saved by their buddies. He can still dish out a ton of damage if not focused and that's the problem. Any other class in the game can do just 1 of those things at the same time, not both. EDIT: And even if they can, they can only do it for a short time, not for an ENTIRE MINUTE AND A HALF.

MagSorc is my first main and I think you make absolutely no sense. You should run a different class too perhaps? I can switch over to my Sorc and easily kill anything that doesn't wear Shieldbreaker. Stop defending a broken class just because it suits you please.

And yes it's my fault for not wearing Sloads. He did die eventually but It took wayyyyy too long for someone who can still eat low HP targets inbetween shield stacks.

as far as i can read, one of your biggest issues with magsorcs is bunny hopping. and with that argument i just cant take your post seriously, its clever to play like that on a ranged character when it comes to kiting.

but this rune cage *** is OP AF
  • Swimguy
    Swimguy
    ✭✭✭
    Lol if you can’t pressure a sorc with all that fancy gear then it’s definitely a L2P issue. Bleeds are super deadly to a sorc. Also I hate when people list their weapon damage as some kind of ultimate answer to any other question you could ask about their build or skill level. 4.5k wpn damage = I should be able to beat anyone. I used to complain about mag sorcs constantly, I leveled one some time before Summerset and now I don’t feel the need to complain about them as much even though I’d say I’m only on it about 30% of the time and on stamina the rest. Playing one just helps you separate the perception of “god mode” from skill and you know when someone has been carried by mag sorc skills a little or when they’re just a better player than you. So, I invite you to level a mag sorc and play one for a while, leveling goes pretty fast these days, BiS mag sorc gear is easy to get.

I mean honestly how you can be sure the person just wasn’t a lot better than you? Gear and stats doesn’t mean a thing. You complain that this person was carried by their class and then say that you should have been able to beat them because of have certain gear. Isn’t that pretty ironic?

how are bleeds good against sorcs if there shields block all the damage?
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Swimguy wrote: »

how are bleeds good against sorcs if there shields block all the damage?

Because they tear down those shields.. high sustained damage over time is what forces sorcs into a cycle of just replenishing a shield every cool down just to stay alive, untill one cc+burst kills them.
    In comparison if I were hit by sloads as opposed to a bleed, I take care of it with a single rapid regen cast, but my first shield then has enough left when the next cd comes around to let me stack, which means next cd, I can attack which starts putting the opponent on the defensive and so he then does less damage to shields to the point where I can keep them up long enough to put out a burst.

Shields are a very fine line between being useful and useless. That line being how much sustained damage people can put out.
    If they repeatedly cannot protect from sustained damage, sorc' ends up repeatedly mashing his biggest shields while still dying. He cannot heal because the minute he uses a cd for anything but a shield, he dies.
    Which would mean that even trying to use those shields woyld be pointless..

And this is without even taking into consideration attacks from more than one person.

The only way that shields can be nerfed is by re-doing their mechanics or by giving sorcs other defensive tools.
    Edited by Biro123 on June 24, 2018 9:46AM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Wolfenbelle
    Wolfenbelle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP players (in these forums at least):

Somebody killed me... :'(:( ...nerf, nerf, nerf

I can't kill somebody... :'(:( ...nerf, nerf, nerf
  • Luthivar
    Luthivar
    ✭✭✭
    Hey OP, look what I've got for you. :)

bunny_hopping.jpg

Omg, it's a Magsorc! Run!!!
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    me too.
    problem is i cant pressure so much to mag sorc because they do insane damage. if im not careful i might die.
    Thats the problem, stacking magicka = Sustain + Damage + durability.
    not doing full pressure = cant kill them. but
    full pressure = no defensive = dead.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    evoniee wrote: »
    me too.
    problem is i cant pressure so much to mag sorc because they do insane damage. if im not careful i might die.
    Thats the problem, stacking magicka = Sustain + Damage + durability.
    not doing full pressure = cant kill them. but
    full pressure = no defensive = dead.

Put a few dots on them and they won't have the chance to attack while you can do anything and still dish out pressure.

That the same stats benefit offense and defensive is a game wide concept, maybe even an issue. Higher resources and damage stats greatly benefit your damage as well as your heals. So it's nothing new. Is that a great concept? Debateable, put not unique to magsorcs. Only thing special is that spell dmg doesn't get taken into account. But is that really something different since e.g. stamina greatly benefits from weapon damage, even more so than from max stam due to multipliers?
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are a stamina build, you should have switched to Shield Breaker and burned that guy down, being stam you can easily LoS, stealth and switch gear and then light attack the bunny until he/she is dinner. Why are you not using the resources provided in game for your benefit.
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Which class are you on btw? I play a dot stam sorc with rending, carve, 2 passives bleeds, hurricane, (double) dot poison, skoria and rapids, I've never had issues with shields (especially in no cp), even without arena weapons. But I can see how 2 dots and a spam alone wouldn't take down shields easily.

This guy knows what he is talking about. Light armor builds are especially weak against dot builds because dots are much more efficient resource-wise than shields.
    I have the exact same build and slice through magSorcs, magNBs and even light armor magDKs like through butter.

I use rendings, hurricane, deadly cloak (to protect me from dawnbreakers and proc my off-hand infused oblivion enchant), poison injection and double dot poison. No shieldstacking sorc can outshield that much pressure, all the dots along with Skoria and Way of Fire procs while massacring him with Bloodthirst. His only hope is to streak in panic away from me and never return. Not even saying I can go full offense and Surge with Bloodthirst is enough to keep me alive.

It's always funny to see a shieldstacker just stacking and realizing too late what's going on with all my dots and proc sets :smiley:
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on June 24, 2018 1:25PM
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So your definition of skill is bunny hopping and spamming shields? That's a lot of damn skill man. I wish I could do that. That's literally my only complaint as I didn't lose the fight. It's just very, if not extremely annoying to see someone just bunny hop for an entire minute and a half hoping to be saved by their buddies. He can still dish out a ton of damage if not focused and that's the problem. Any other class in the game can do just 1 of those things at the same time, not both. EDIT: And even if they can, they can only do it for a short time, not for an ENTIRE MINUTE AND A HALF.

MagSorc is my first main and I think you make absolutely no sense. You should run a different class too perhaps? I can switch over to my Sorc and easily kill anything that doesn't wear Shieldbreaker. Stop defending a broken class just because it suits you please.

And yes it's my fault for not wearing Sloads. He did die eventually but It took wayyyyy too long for someone who can still eat low HP targets inbetween shield stacks.

Yes buddy, if you cant go through a sorc's shields in no CP then its a problem with you not with the sorc. So yeah feel free to do that urself. Roll a sorc in no CP and go ahead start bunnyhopping with shields thinking you can shieldstack through everything. And when you get blown up in pieces by the first decent player you come up against come here and post the video so we can laugh.

P.S. the bolded part is really nice. I suppose sorcs should automatically die the second you look at them. Maybe then you guys can be happy.
    Edited by pieratsos on June 24, 2018 1:30PM
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are you MF-ing serious ZOS?

This is on build with over 4.5k weapon damage too mind you.

This was in NO CP battlegrounds too. Unfortunately i do NOT have video, I cannot record on my current computer.

Don't worry we got the player reps working on things with ZOS.

Their opinion was "buff sorcs" btw.

:D
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

This one is:

I killed a Sorc, it took too long... :’( :’( nerf nerf nerf
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jumping may not cost stamina but it may suppress it just like sprint does
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

This one is:

I killed a Sorc, it took too long... :’( :’( nerf nerf nerf
    This
    Add an cost to nerf requests, say 50 cp.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Bkella
    Bkella
    ✭✭✭
    998169ed-8c9d-43e1-bca4-4a528ef57300.PNG?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=XVmwhSJ8CrMQ2nz3B8mZ8clOkZIP7mH5D0q1JHJN1sY%3D
    Should have put Sloads on.

This guy knows whats up.....
    Edited by Bkella on June 25, 2018 2:36PM