The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Everything Acquired In the Game Should Be Allowed To Be Sold

Palidon
Palidon
✭✭✭✭✭
I know this is going to be a thread that has many different comments.

ZOS I see no reason to restrict Trial, Undaunted Pledges, V/DSA or V/MSA gear from being sold. Yes I know you can trade the gear you get with fellow group members doing the pledges, DSA or trials but a lot of that gear never gets traded and can be totally useless to the player who has it. I know most likely your reasoning is to keep players farming or grinding and making it difficult to get the items. But, at some point that just gets old. Why deny players the opportunity to make some gold off the high end gear they have got but cannot use. Or when a player has several of the same high end gear pieces cluttering up their bank.

ZOS you setup a Trader/Buyers Market in your game and you are putting a damper on it. Come on ZOS a lot of the restrictions you put on certain acquired items in this game is totally ridiculous.

I know there will be comments saying that would be the easy way for some players to get high end gear. I say who cares how you get the items you need or want. Bottom line there is gold to be made.
  • stewhead2ub17_ESO
    stewhead2ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gold is incredibly easy to come by imo, so I don't think this is necessary or really desirable. You may as well just have everything available at a vendor then.
  • Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are obsessed with certain design philosophies (neutered assistants, “minimal” UI, etc...)

BoP is one of those philosophies and it ain’t goin nowhere.
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It’s about gating certain items to only people who have made those in game specific achievements completed.

I’ve owned ESO since launch and have attempted vet Maelstrom exactly twice. It’s been paused on one of the levels for like a year and a half cause ... meh. One day I’ll bother.

I don’t deserve that staff until that time.

On the other hand, you absolutely can sell your stuff ... to a vendor, or as mats that you break down. So yeah, if you have that much clutter become a crafter.
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It’s about gating certain items to only people who have made those in game specific achievements completed.

I’ve owned ESO since launch and have attempted vet Maelstrom exactly twice. It’s been paused on one of the levels for like a year and a half cause ... meh. One day I’ll bother.

On the other hand, you absolutely can sell your stuff ... to a vendor, or as mats that you break down. So yeah, if you have that much clutter become a crafter.

i agree to a point.

but the new recipes?
  • imnotanother
    imnotanother
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i agree to a point.

but the new recipes?

I’ve been selling the Satchels, though they seem to have slowed down because there isn’t an easy way to search for them. (PS4)
    PS4: NA - AD PSN: imnotanother (Artell Lyeselle)
    Stamina NightBlade 810+ CP - PvP/Trials/Dungeon Ready
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since I don't collect anything, it's annoying to have to destroy stuff for me. Stop binding stuff to me! Just stop!
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

i agree to a point.

but the new recipes?

Honestly, I didn’t know that. Yikes. Yeah, that’s pretty stupid. I mean not everyone is a crafter, and who needs 8 of the same motif?

Yeah, I agree there.
  • Ragged_Claw
    Ragged_Claw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can see arguments for both sides, but if you could sell the stuff you got in DLC dungeons, a lot of people probably wouldn't buy them. Also I think they want people to try out harder content such as trials. But still, I would prefer to be able to freely trade and sell stuff rather than having to farm the same trial/dungeon over and over to get what I need. At least the base game dungeon stuff could be unbound now, I seem to remember it wasn't always BoP...
    PC EU & NA
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if this could be an idea, but since we have all those nice achievements for everything one could propably link the ability to buy any item from a dungeon/trial to the achievement (i.e. if you want to buy malstrom weapons you need to have finished maelstrom at least once).

Not sure if its necessary, tho. I do have some small alts happily deconning everything to level crafting, so i don't have the problem of things cuttering my inventory. (atm)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am a big fan of earning the rewards, and not always at the account level, also at the character level. That said, I don't thing that special gear should be rewards, so I do think that we should be able to sell any gear we obtain in the game.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gold is incredibly easy to come by imo, so I don't think this is necessary or really desirable. You may as well just have everything available at a vendor then.

If that's the case for you then you wouldn't mind throwing some handfuls my way.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The BOP gear should stay BOP. It's from hard content.

If you want to go running around in the latest BIS looted gear then go run the runs.
    Making them BOE and putting on guild traders just demeans them.
  • Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If someone is not the type of person who wants to do the harder content for the BoP gear...why would they need to buy it? Why would you need this gear if you're a casual quester or rp'r?
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »

If that's the case for you then you wouldn't mind throwing some handfuls my way.

Probably fairer to say "Gold is incredibly easy to come by for Trader-Mogul types".... and the people who want everything unbound, so they can sell it, likely fall into that category.
  • stewhead2ub17_ESO
    stewhead2ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No. I don't believe in a free ride. Get out and earn.
  • stewhead2ub17_ESO
    stewhead2ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Probably fairer to say "Gold is incredibly easy to come by for Trader-Mogul types".... and the people who want everything unbound, so they can sell it, likely fall into that category.

Actually @Kiralyn2000 , just selling white drops to vendors fills the pockets quickly imo. I don't utilize any traders and my char's are quite comfortable. :smile:
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is customary in marjor MMORPGs to have trial gear and other aspects not tradable outside of your party. Every major MMORPG has a trading system and pretty much has some gear BoP so this is pretty much par for the course.

For the most part trial gear can be obtained in normal anyhow. The premier gear such as vMA weapons and perfect vAS weapons will always be locked behind completing content.

OP has not provided any thoughts or information to drive a consideration for changing this.
  • EldritchPenguin
    EldritchPenguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we were to revisit the concept of BoP for dungeon/trial items (which I kinda think is a bad idea anyway), then the ability for you to be able to purchase one of these items would have to be gated behind having the achievement for the content that the item comes from.

You want to buy a vMA bow? You need to get Stormproof first. You want to buy Advancing Yokeda? You better have the Shehai Shatterer title first.

It's one thing to want more RNG safety nets (which are of debatable necessity when we can transmute items), but trial gear shouldn't be made accessible to people who haven't completed the content.

Heck, you can even farm most of this gear in normal trials. Most of the normal trials are easier than the bulk of the vet dungeons.
    Lilelle Adlis - Dark Elf Dragonknight

Vaynothah Sailenar - Dark Elf Templar

Sherivah Telvanni - Dark Elf Sorcerer

Nephiah Telvanni - Dark Elf Nightblade