Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Let's try something a little more light-hearted, just because I'm interested...

DenMoria
DenMoria
✭✭✭✭✭
Rather than any more threads about complicated mechanics, veteran dungeons, end game content, gear or weaponry I've never heard of or anything like that, or God forbid, any more discussion of performance issues, lack of communication or anything like that, I have a couple of simple questions:

1) What was your first character ever in ESO (race, class, etc.) and why
2) How long have you been playing ESO (it doesn't have to be consistent, just - were you one of the PC beta's or were you a console joiner?)
3) What is your preferred platform
4) What server do you normally play on
5) Why did you take up ESO?

For me:
1) An Nord two-handed Dragon-Knight (I had no idea what I was doing). I loved her, but quickly moved on.
2) I started way back in 2016 and have played on and off since then
3) I personally prefer the PS4 - it's what I got the Imperial Edition with the Molag Bol statue for as a gift so that's where I've stayed.
4) In almost inevitably end up on the EU servers anymore. It's mostly because I was so turned off by the "social" aspects during my original run that the lack of crowds and ability to solo there given the times that I play is just easier.
5) I've been a big fan of TES for many years and have thousands of hours in to everything from Morrowind to Skyrim and then ESO came about. Someone gave me a copy as a gift and I gave it a try.

Your story?
  • KAJ3D
    KAJ3D
    ✭✭
    1. Imperial Dragon Knight - to tank with
    2. A month
    3. PC
    4. NA
    5. Friend from work recommended it after discussing previous Elder Scroll games (started in Morrowind back in early 2000s)
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Dunmer MAgDK, got to level 9, then I replaced him with the Dunmer MagDK that became my main character.

2. I made it to Vet rank 7 or 8 before One Tamriel hit, so sometime before that.

3&4. PC/NA. I have one character on the EU server, a level 4 I made one day when the NA servers were down.

5. This is my first MMO and I started playing it because I loved Skyrim and Oblivion. Now, I quite like ESO.
  • Judas Helviaryn
    Judas Helviaryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    When I first picked up ESO, I was living out in the sticks of West Virginia, without access to any reliable internet outside of satellite providers. This was probably two months after launch, and I had originally decided that I would make a dedicated crafter, and play the game that way since I wouldn't be able to do combat at all. I had a couple of cousins who were already in the game from launch, and figured I'd have enough of a support structure to fill the crafter's role.

Suffice it to say, I hadn't tried the combat out yet, but on the off chance that it did work, I had always played stealthy agent/archer characters in TES games, and I wanted to give a new spin on the playthrough for myself. I had always admired battlemages and spellblades, heavy armor and infused magic, so I opted for a sorcerer.

Turns out, combat is surprisingly easy between 600 and 1500 latency, so long as the jitter is low. I had a blast levelling and exploring the game as a hybrid sorc at the time, though I eventually slid into the stam sorc archetype back when they were still laughed at.

Stam sorc remains my favorite playstyle, even if I don't like hurricane, but magsorc is what I chose to specialize as. Though I've since re-approached hybridding from the magicka side of things for PVP, and I've managed to turn him into a pseudo-hybrid bow/magsorc which has so far been the most potent example of the playstyle I originally shot for those years ago.

I've since gotten rid of the satellite as well, and I've overall spent most of my time in the game making builds, making outfits, and making enemies.

PC/NA of course, you will never catch me on console.
    Edited by Judas Helviaryn on June 20, 2018 8:40PM
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1. Nightblade Khajiit, because I always play the fastest sneakiest characters in elder scrolls. (in ESO orc all wear the ring of Khajiit for some reason- who knew?)

2. A year and a few months

3. PC because I feel like consoles are a thing of the past. To me consoles should be something you flip on and play. The current generation is really just very restricted PCs complete with games you can't hold and forced updates. PCs have great gamepad options now, so it's a simple choice to me. Also, addons fix basic missing elements of the game. ALL Elder scrolls games are defective out of the box. But, the end result is the best games ever with fixes from the community, so no complaints here.

4. NA - I'm on the West Coast of the US. What else would I do?

5. A friend finally talked me into trying another MMO. After letting go of all the things it lacks from single player games, I embraced many of the MMO aspects and love the game. I still take jabs at MMO specific problems, but I do love this game.

My story - I played a ridiculous number of hours of TES III, IV and V on console and then again on PC with all the mods. Here I am.
  • nomikkh
    nomikkh
    1) Dunmer nightblade because I wanted to relive my Skyrim experience with my Dunmer Stealth Melee Assassin. Even named her the same thing and made her a cheese shrine in my house because my Skyrim character collected cheese. I've since found out this is not super original but WHATEVS. She's still one of my main DPS characters (once I learned you should really chose between mag and stam), and my main crafter.
    2) I was in the PC beta and played at launch. Quit for a long time for reasons I don't remember because holy god do I love this game now.
    3) PC because I'm a pleb and the only consoles I own are the PS2-3
    4) NA
    5) I got hooked on Elder Scrolls with Morrowind. I'd never been a MMO player before but I could not resist the siren's call of more Elder Scrolls stories.
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

2) How long have you been playing ESO (it doesn't have to be consistent, just - were you one of the PC beta's or were you a console joiner?)

1) Khajiit stamNb cause Khajiit master race n wicked gd nb...(no longer have a Khajiit or a Stam toon lol converted thanks to Race change addition)
    2) Day 1 PC but switched to Day 1 PS4
    3) PS4
    4) PVP Vivec
    5) Skyrim awesome + PVP = incredible game...how wrong I was...
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) What was your first character ever in ESO (race, class, etc.) and why: Imperial DK (tank)
    2) How long have you been playing ESO: since beta
    3) What is your preferred platform: PC
    4) What server do you normally play on? NA
    5) Why did you take up ESO? Elder Scrolls fan girl!

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2220+
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) Breton Magplar because Deus Vult ;)
    2) Since Tamriel Unlimited
    3) PC
    4) NA
    5) Because I was bored
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1. imperial templar, why not?
    2. since pre-release
    3. it's in the sig
    4. see above
    5. it's elder scrolls
    Edited by jedtb16_ESO on June 20, 2018 9:03PM
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) What was your first character ever in ESO (race, class, etc.) and why. Female Dark Elf Mag DK. I started playing the series back on original Morrowind so it seemed like a good starting point
    2) How long have you been playing ESO (it doesn't have to be consistent, just - were you one of the PC beta's or were you a console joiner?) Black Friday 2015. Slayed my way through Target to get a good deal on PS4. That was approximately the same difficulty level as vMA
    3) What is your preferred platform. PS4
    4) What server do you normally play on. NA
    5) Why did you take up ESO? Been playing the series since original Morrowind
  • DawnsLight65
    DawnsLight65
    ✭✭✭

1. Khajit. I always play Khajit on every ES game I've played. Needless to say, I'm a cat person. And the Khajit skillset has always been a draw for me vs the other races. Stealth Stamblade ATM.
    2. Playing ESO for a little over a month, my first MMO, and I was very pleasantly surprised.
    3. PS4. Plug and play. ;)
    4. EU, because tho logistically I should be on NA, I chose EU by happy accident, and then found it worked out better because when I play, there are less people on the EU server so the 'crush' is less.... so yay me.
    5. Because I have been playing Elder Scrolls games from the beginning....so it was the natural evolution. Between Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim.. I have 'lived' years in Tamriel....just got tired of the same old replaying of Skyrim, wanted to stay in the ES world, but with new content since another ES RPG isn't coming out for over a year.
    Ra'avi Ahjonihr Khajit Stamblade, Level 1500Master ThiefCrafter and ExplorerHero of the Dominion, Pact, and CovenantMember of the DragonguardFriend to Razum-darFavored of Azura
    'It does not matter to M'aiq how strong or smart one is. It only matters what one can do.' -M'aiq the Liar
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1. Altmer Nightblade named Scissorz because I liked both the race and the class was appealing because it was sneaky and challenging.
    2. April 8 2014. I missed beta
    3. PC
    4. NA
    5. I never tried an MMO before, and since I loved Elder Scrolls, this was a great time to check it out.
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen somebody with your handle on the EU as well, on Auridon actually. They kick butt and take names at the Dolmens. I even got a thank you for my healing.
    1) What was your first character ever in ESO (race, class, etc.) and why: Imperial DK (tank)
    2) How long have you been playing ESO: since beta
    4) What server do you normally play on? NA
    5) Why did you take up ESO? Elder Scrolls fan girl!

• DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    valeriiya wrote: »
    1) What was your first character ever in ESO (race, class, etc.) and why. Female Dark Elf Mag DK. I started playing the series back on original Morrowind so it seemed like a good starting point
    2) How long have you been playing ESO (it doesn't have to be consistent, just - were you one of the PC beta's or were you a console joiner?) Black Friday 2015. Slayed my way through Target to get a good deal on PS4. That was approximately the same difficulty level as vMA
    3) What is your preferred platform. PS4
    4) What server do you normally play on. NA
    5) Why did you take up ESO? Been playing the series since original Morrowind

I'll keep my eyes out for you. I'm sure you're way above me, but, hey, same platform.
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1. Khajit. I always play Khajit on every ES game I've played. Needless to say, I'm a cat person. And the Khajit skillset has always been a draw for me vs the other races. Stealth Stamblade ATM.
    2. Playing ESO for a little over a month, my first MMO, and I was very pleasantly surprised.
    3. PS4. Plug and play. ;)
    4. EU, because tho logistically I should be on NA, I chose EU by happy accident, and then found it worked out better because when I play, there are less people on the EU server so the 'crush' is less.... so yay me.
    5. Because I have been playing Elder Scrolls games from the beginning....so it was the natural evolution. Between Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim.. I have 'lived' years in Tamriel....just got tired of the same old replaying of Skyrim, wanted to stay in the ES world, but with new content since another ES RPG isn't coming out for over a year.

I'll watch for you. Den Moria the MagPlar is wandering about Auridon at the moment.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1) Nord Dragonknight
    2) PC Beta
    3) PS4
    4) NA
    5) Love the Elder Scrolls series
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm... wonder if I'll ever run in to you. I hope not. There's no way I can compete with somebody at your level.
    Daus wrote: »
    1) Nord Dragonknight
    2) PC Beta
    3) PS4
    4) NA
    5) Love the Elder Scrolls series

• dannymcgr81b14_ESO
    dannymcgr81b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Wood Elf sorcerer
    2. Beta
    3. PC
    4. NA
    5. I'd played every other Elder Scrolls game starting with Arena.

• DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer Sorcerer? Interesting choice. Very interesting. Been thinking about it for a warden, but the ice magic just didn't make sense to me.
    1. Wood Elf sorcerer
    2. Beta
    3. PC
    4. NA
    5. I'd played every other Elder Scrolls game starting with Arena.

• AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1) What was your first character ever in ESO (race, class, etc.) and why?
    Basil Ieya-Sil, high elf vampire mag sorc - he's been my main character in all ES games for years. He's still my main in ESO.

Since PC closed beta.

3) What is your preferred platform?
    PC. Don't own a console.

4) What server do you normally play on?
    PC EU, though I have one character on NA.

Elder Scrolls that I can play with my hubby and mates.

Edited by AlienSlof on June 20, 2018 10:00PM
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DenMoria wrote: »
    Rather than any more threads about complicated mechanics, veteran dungeons, end game content, gear or weaponry I've never heard of or anything like that, or God forbid, any more discussion of performance issues, lack of communication or anything like that, I have a couple of simple questions:

1) Dark Elf Vampire Sorcerer who is now a High Elf complete with a new name.
    2) A little over a year.
    3) PC, I don't own gaming consoles.
    4) NA but I do have EU characters.
    5) I got tired of how the WoW devs were dictating how we HAD to play their game. It became a matter of our way or the highway, I chose the highway. Tried FF, didn't care for it much. GW2 isn't too bad but not quite what I wanted. I liked the look of ESO and tried it out, it's a good fit for me, I like it.
    Edited by Wildberryjack on June 20, 2018 10:19PM
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1) Female khajiit templar healer and it was because I loved khajiits and wanted to be a healer.

2) Since December 2016
    3) PC
    4) NA
    5) I love the Elder Scrolls games ever since Oblivion and I wanted to give this a try, even if MMOs are not my thing.
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • Tyralbin
    Tyralbin
    ✭✭✭✭
    1.Imperial DK.
    2.Here for beta testing took a break went back to Rift. Rift became money hungry came back here.
    3. PC.
    4. EU.
    5. Been an avid role player since the early days of basic D&D, so 1977. Also, worked for Games Workshop and play tested some of their early games. Talisman was my favourite to play test. The early Might and Magic games, Ultima Underworld and the Elder Scrolls series were all good.
    I once played a game called Ambermoon but got stuck so called the company to see if they could help. I was offered a job because I had got the furthest in the world as far as they knew and they started asking me for hints. Never took the job wish I had now.

Live a little love a lot send all your gold to this Imperials pot.
  • lardvader
    lardvader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Dunmer NB in beta and on US server, but made a Nord NB when I started on EU. Don't know why but before I realized my mistake I had invested too much time into crafting to delete her. Did a race change Summer 2016 when they introduced the race change tokens #Dunmer4life
    2. Played during closed beta but didn't really like it. Changed my mind around Orsinium but had to beat Fallou 4 first. Got into the game for real in early January 2016 and played ever since.
    3. PC (always PC - otherwise Nintendo since 1987)
    4. EU - 2 accounts (CP1060 / CP305)
    5. None of my childhood friends wanted to join, but in 2014 I found a nice crowd of brits and US citizans through Minecraft, all adults from mid 30 and up. One day they started to play ESO and I joined :smiley:
    CP 1200+ PC EU EP
  • Xuhora
    Xuhora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) Imperial Sorcerer Tank. I thought it would be awesome during closed Beta, so i rolled it. i lasted like 3 weeks, after that, i created my Nord templar healer, which is still my main today and has lot of endcontent finished
    2) Closed-Beta
    3)PC
    4)PC EU
    5)WoW became to colourfull and flashy and childish (the pandas where the dead of WoW for me) GW2 couldnt hold my interest with its lacking endcontent (dont know how it is today) and god forgive me, LoL was too damn salty. So i joined ESO, although i never played and TES Game before.
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) What was your first character ever in ESO (race, class, etc.) and why: Bosmer Stamblade, to become a Bowtard :p
    2) How long have you been playing ESO: Feb 2016
    4) What server do you normally play on? EU
    5) Why did you take up ESO? TES Fan Since Shivering Isles
    Edited by The_Protagonist on June 21, 2018 12:37PM
  • ebondeath
    ebondeath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) Breton nightblade (who is still my main). I have a tendency to pick humans even in fantasy games, I just happen to like being a magically inclined human.
    2) I joined at launch (no beta) in 2014, got to VR14, and then took a long break shortly after Craglorn released to go play FFXIV rather than get shoehorned into forced group content (joke's on me). I still logged in and kept up my sub because I wanted to support the game, but didn't make a full return until a few months before Summerset was released.
    3) PC
    4) PC NA
    5) I spent a lot of time playing Oblivion and Skyrim, and had recently been learning the ropes of MMOs from playing WoW for a few years. As soon as I saw that ESO was going to be a thing I absolutely knew that I wanted to play it and I about went crazy with anticipation in the months leading up to launch.
    ╔═════════════⌈Alannah Corvaine⌋══════════════╗
    Rise, rise! To freedom, rise! Arise, ye Breton sons and daughters.
    Ride, ride! To freedom, ride! Truth and glory to the brave!
    ╚═════════════⌊VR 12 Breton NB⌉══════════════╝
  • Anastian
    Anastian
    ✭✭✭

Argonian Nightblade! I always loved Blood Mage / Fast and lethal gameplays, so it sticked. Moreover I picked an Argonian because it's my favourite race since Oblivion. Why? Because they are resistant to diseases and as a kid I kept getting infected and turning into a vampire, with a quest that was so long and tedious to complete that often led me to change character (I wasn't aware I could heal the disease). Since then, I hated elves and always loved Argonians. Long live the hist!

Bonus: I wanted to be a saptank when I joined and the passives were great; on top of that, they are cool and have neat lore.

2 years

PC

EU

I was looking for an MMO I could play without having to farm exceedingly and without a monthly subscription. As soon as that aspect was dropped I tried ESO out and fell in love with it
  • Nevasca
    Nevasca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonian Nightblade. It had to be a Argonian because I loved how they looked in ESO compared to the other games. As for the class, I remember reading the passives and wanted to stack as much healing as possible since it was all Argonians had at the time. Later I found out that I was pretty much creating a Sap Tank, so I tanked a lot on this character. I gave up and lvled a DK tank eventually, but my first char is still my main, I keep alternating between Magblade and Stamblade with him.
    I joined the beta but the game didn't catch my interest at the time. I think I bought the game in TG or DB patch because I've seen so many people saying how the game improved from beta and etc.
    PC
    PC/NA.
    I wanted a TES experience again and was bored of Skyrim/Oblivion. ESO filled that for me. Though I don't play ESO for questing anymore, I play a mix of PvP and PvE.
  • Fleshreaper
    Fleshreaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. During bata I ran a Dark Elf DK, sword and board. Live, I rolled a Orc DK, leveled as sword and board and switched to two hander, shortly after Craglorn dropped.
    2. I think it was the second bata weekend. Been playing live sense early access.
    3. PC
    4. NA
    5. I had played Morrowind, Blood Moon & Tribunal, Oblivion, Knights of the Nine, and Skyrim. I loved the freedom and vast open area of Morrowind. I liked the fact that you had to talk to NPC to find out about stuff. You had to keep a note pad around just to write stuff down on. Now, sure, Morrowind had it's problems. Skill leveling, quest turn-in locations, no stam or magicka regin, unless you rested.