The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Freezing still happening while in Cyrodiil ps4 na patch didn't fix it

Jake1576
Jake1576
✭✭✭✭✭
Title says it got into my first big battle today finally and froze the update today did nothing to fix it i tried to be optimistic but i hadn't gotten into a big battle until a moment ago 5 minutes into trying to defend a keep i froze log back in put down some oil and froze yet again
Edited by Jake1576 on June 20, 2018 5:30PM
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You didn't know that ZOS gave up on Cyrodil long ago? I'm sorry.
    Jake1576 wrote: »
    Title says it got into my first big battle today finally and froze the update today did nothing to fix it i tried to be optimistic but i hadn't gotten into a big battle until a moment ago 5 minutes into trying to defend a keep i froze log back in put down some oil and froze yet again

• Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DenMoria wrote: »

I guess they have or they might as well have with the shape it's in right now you still can't play it's a shame to because pvp is the only aspect of this game i actually enjoy :(
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, but, I have hope that, at some point, they'll figure out how they can make it work. I know it's been years, but, I try not to lose faith.

I guess they have or they might as well have with the shape it's in right now you still can't play it's a shame to because pvp is the only aspect of this game i actually enjoy :(

• xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I know...You know it....But I want Them to admit it....instead of giving us
    Hey all,

We are tracking and working on a few issues that could result in performance issues such as long load screens, disconnects/crashes, or poor frame rate. In next week's incremental patches for all platforms, we do have some fixes and improvements that should help.
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the random permanent freezing hasn't gone away? Those are worse than the infinite load screens upon death last November. At least you knew when that was going to happen. The perma-freeze hits without warning, and after you restart your game and log back in, you're usually dead or you've missed any tick. And if you were on a cold-fire ballista, you can kiss that goodbye as well.

Sigh... Probably voting with my wallet at this point. It's unbelievable what they have put Console PvPers through over the past 10 months... Seems they break more than they fix with every major update. Subscribing really is starting to feel like a complete waste of money. Makes me a little sad, because I'm a day-one player on PS4 - the past 10 months have been such a rough time for those of us who like to play in Cyrodiil.
    PS4NA
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    man, I had a really tough time putting any flaming oil sieges down last night...

ugh, supposedly we won't be getting a fix now until the first week of july...

well, at least we won't have to worry about any queue times for a while...

seriously though, how can things go this wrong, this consistently...man. I'd be embarrassed to show up to work if I performed this poorly...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • ResTandRespeC
    ResTandRespeC
    ✭✭✭✭
    It has been very hard to play in cyro since summerset came out. Getting frozen mid-fight, almost every keep battle, gets to be very taxing. I just closed app last night and hoped the patch would at least make it a little better. Us blues were pushing chalman against red and every time one alliance would freeze out worse than the other, they'd get wiped out, and then they'd push closer to the respective keeps, only to get wiped out by another freeze and have the push go the other direction. Happened like 5 or 6 times b4 i left.
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patch hasn't fixed anything performance wise on ps4 on general

Draw times on scenery and on enemy minions is still a problem, enemies are freezing regaining full health then falling over dead

FPS still dropping to a bad stutter when moving into high pop areas and long load screen are still a thing

I'm yet to try of the fishing recipe is fixed ... Can't get enough clam gall
  • RedGirl41
    RedGirl41
    ✭✭✭✭
    yeah ps4 na is STILL freezing nonstop. weather you are in a big group or solo, near a keep or open field. I really cant believe they still haven't fixed anything. instead they made this whole ap counter in cyrodiil that clearly their servers cant handle. People nonstop getting 60-80k ap defense tics. just fix the actual game play.....gonna end up losing a ton of players.
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was in the deserted no CP campaign and didn’t experience any freezes, but did have a moment where I hit loading screens 3 times in a row.
    PS4 Pro NA
  • SouthernSoldjer
    It's still happening on Xbox too...
  • davidj8291
    davidj8291
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course not. They’ve known about it for weeks now and their priority was fixing the hiccups and little lag spikes that they ADMIT you would recover from.

Do something easy to pretend you did something important.
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial City is performing very well on ps4 NA after the update...

Cyrodiil, as has been correctly pointed out, still has the freezing issues...
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still freezing on Sunday it needs fixed on ps4 na
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have literally had hard freezes that were irreversible 4 times in the past hour. This is horrible. I just wanna PVP... everytime I get in a battle that has more than two people I get frozen. I know they said they were gonna fix freeze in early July, but did they specifically say "PVP hard freezing"? Not just the PVE summerset stutters
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I lied, probably 6 or 7 in the past hour, the last two were ten minutes apart. Which is why I came to the forum in Hope's that my complaint is heard
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial City is performing very well on ps4 NA after the update...

Cyrodiil, as has been correctly pointed out, still has the freezing issues...

Yeah IC isn't too bad on Xbox either, but now having said that I'm sure someone will think zerging IC is the answer to their problems and it'll be bad.