The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Does any know if Jorvuld’s Guidance Set buffs the effect of pirate skeleton?

AlexTheLion
AlexTheLion
✭✭✭
Edited by AlexTheLion on June 20, 2018 3:27PM

Best Answer

• Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It does affect the set. The icon for minor defile stays on the whole 15s too, though I haven’t tested if it’s a visual bug or actually in effect. As others have said there are better options nowadays.
    Answer ✓
  • Rohirthileth
    I will have to test this out it could be useful especially paired with some of the new traits and sets. I can see this being a use in pve, maybe even pvp thank you for the info.
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pirate Skeleton is a lot less appealing since the Psyjiic passive granting major protection while channeling an ability from that skill line...meaning major protection when using the free damage shield, major protection when meditating, when casting time stop, etc. Its a shame too since I really did like pirate skelton
  • Valkysas154
    Valkysas154
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Bone set just gives you extra stats its not a minor or major buff or dmg shield that is the only things it will buff

(5 items) Increases the duration of all Major buffs, Minor buffs, and damage shields you apply to yourself and allies by 40%.

But if you are using a good potion -minor-majorbuff-it will increase the time of that so i suppose it will stack but not effect the bone sets stats

Edited by Valkysas154 on June 20, 2018 4:31PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Bone set just gives you extra stats its not a minor or major buff or dmg shield that is the only things it will buff

(5 items) Increases the duration of all Major buffs, Minor buffs, and damage shields you apply to yourself and allies by 40%.

You're thinking of Bone Pirate's Tatters (Stam and Regen)

He's talking about pirate skeleton - the monster helm.

Anyway Jorvuld does increase the major protection, but according to my buds, also increases the minor defile time too
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pirate Skeleton applies major protection:

(1 items) Adds 2975 Physical Resistance

(1 items) Adds 2975 Spell Resistance

(2 items) When you take damage, you have a 6% chance to transform into a skeleton and gain Major Protection and Minor Defile for 12 seconds, reducing your damage taken by 30% but reducing your healing received by 15%. This effect can occur once every 15 seconds.

I think you may be confusing it with bone pirate tatters:

(2 items) Adds 1096 Max Stamina

(3 items) Adds 129 Stamina Recovery

(4 items) Adds 1096 Max Stamina

(5 items) While you have a drink buff active, your Max Stamina is increased by 2000 and Stamina Recovery by 150.
  • Valkysas154
    Valkysas154
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahh though he said the 5 piece one

Btw it will only increase it by about 4.8sec so 12sec to 16.8sec - meaning you could have - reducing your healing received by 15% - on 100% of the time in fights since it can proc every 15sec

And Juv is a healer set the bone looks more like a tank set

Edited by Valkysas154 on June 20, 2018 4:37PM
  • AlexTheLion
    AlexTheLion
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, but the other set I’m considering pairing it with would cancel out the Minor Defile which would mean damn near 100% uptime on major protection with no drawbacks. I’m shooting for a tankier Templar build mainly for healing friends in like a three man PvP group.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Btw it will only increase it by about 4.8sec so 12sec to 16.8sec - meaning you could have - reducing your healing received by 15% - on 100% of the time in fights since it can proc every 15sec

It wouldn't buff the reduced healing received because that is a debuff not a buff.

I dont think it'll effect the set anyway, it states buffs you cast on yourself.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Ladislao
    Ladislao
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It wouldn't buff the reduced healing received because that is a debuff not a buff.

I dont think it'll effect the set anyway, it states buffs you cast on yourself.

Even damage shield duration of Iceheart is buffed by Jorvuld’s Guidance. So most likely it affects Pirate Skeleton aswell.
    Everything is viable
  • Tonturri
    Tonturri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    josiahva wrote: »
    Pirate Skeleton is a lot less appealing since the Psyjiic passive granting major protection while channeling an ability from that skill line...meaning major protection when using the free damage shield, major protection when meditating, when casting time stop, etc. Its a shame too since I really did like pirate skelton

Yeah, but how often are you actually going to want to be casting something in a scenario you'd also want the major prot? You can not only be easily interrupted, but one of the major benefits of pirate skele is that you get major prot and are able to do other things while you have it. That means Meditate is, while strong, limiting - you can't really use the psijic sources of major prot to go offensive, only defensive.

And it's still pretty iffy - there's only what, Time Stop? The other morph doesn't have a cast time. How often will you actually be casting that? You can't spam it over and over just for the major prot - that'd be a waste. I heard somewhere that you can apply the healing absorb debuff to people no matter if they're CC'ed by it, but haven't been able to confirm that.
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In theory it should
  • Inarre
    Inarre
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That monster set is awesome for pvp healers imo.