The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Who's the current king of PvP?

• DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Actually it's...
    It's context dependent.

Stamwardens are monsters in 3-4 man groups, for instance. Solo, it's hard to argue with magsorc or stamblade atm (as long as sloads isn't in play, lol).
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bam_Bam wrote: »
    Any particular class where the player has committed and dedicated themselves to mastering that class whilst gaining insight and knowledge of the strengths and weaknesses of the other classes.

This is why you have players who are "known" and feared/respected/hated/admired on every campaign - those players who get instantly zerged down (or tried to zerg them down) or avoided at all costs.

Put it this way - there are players from every single class, who make this thread obsolete. 1,000,000 stamblades DOES NOT = 1,000,000 super-killer assassins.

If you're getting reamed over and over by the same stamblade/magsorc/any other class = you still haven't mastered your own. That's not a bad thing, it means you are still learning your class. You may even be playing the wrong class. For example, I LOVE my nightblades (I have about 7 or 8 on ONE account lol) but I'm actually MUCH better playing magsorc - a class that I have only seriously been playing for the last 2-3 months. I'll never master the stamblade. But I think I stand a pretty good chance of mastering magsorc. Not today of course, but hopefully in the future. :)

Actually having knowledge and mastering some class is not guaranteed win. Game currently have too much of a rock , paper , scissors type of balance supported with some broken sets so even someone who is expert at certain build can be easily outplayed by less skilled player.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    Daus wrote: »
    You didn’t include stamblade in the poll options...

Is OP a stamblade?

It’s still the class all the bad players play. And some good players too. But it’s still the only class easy enough to carry the bottom of the barrel. :)

Is a stamblade really a class you typically hope to be queued with in BGs? I'd rather have a magsorc, Stam Warden, Stam sorc, or a magicka Templar on my team any day. Obviously you'll have renown stamblades that you know will do some damage, but that can be said about any class.

Don’t confuse the fact that most stamblades are bad players with stamblades are underpowered. It’s by far the strongest solo class in the game, and the strongest Xv1 class. Dueling? Close but not really... but that’s assuming “rules” are followed. Throw out rules and the NB can just force a stalemate every time.

The reason most stamblades are bad players is because it’s the only class they can play and not get instantly blown up..

Would I want a NB on my team? Hell no. It’s a solo class and the BGs are team based. But while I’m getting sload slapped, incapped, and sorc zapped, the NB is cloaking around stealing my kills and having a grand old time while I’m being used as a piñata by the enemy teams.

But good NBs can play as a team.

I'm not disagreeing with you, stamblades are incredibly powerful; easily one of the strongest specs (I would put them just below magblade personally). I wouldn't consider them a candidate for king of PvP though. The king of being annoying and cowardly? Yup!
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is OP a stamblade?

It’s still the class all the bad players play. And some good players too. But it’s still the only class easy enough to carry the bottom of the barrel. :)

Is a stamblade really a class you typically hope to be queued with in BGs? I'd rather have a magsorc, Stam Warden, Stam sorc, or a magicka Templar on my team any day. Obviously you'll have renown stamblades that you know will do some damage, but that can be said about any class.

Don’t confuse the fact that most stamblades are bad players with stamblades are underpowered. It’s by far the strongest solo class in the game, and the strongest Xv1 class. Dueling? Close but not really... but that’s assuming “rules” are followed. Throw out rules and the NB can just force a stalemate every time.

The reason most stamblades are bad players is because it’s the only class they can play and not get instantly blown up..

Would I want a NB on my team? Hell no. It’s a solo class and the BGs are team based. But while I’m getting sload slapped, incapped, and sorc zapped, the NB is cloaking around stealing my kills and having a grand old time while I’m being used as a piñata by the enemy teams.

I'm not disagreeing with you, stamblades are incredibly powerful; easily one of the strongest specs (I would put them just below magblade personally). I wouldn't consider them a candidate for king of PvP though. The king of being annoying and cowardly? Yup!

Well it really depends on context. Stamblades are the most capable in the most contexts... but sure, in a GvG tourney you wont see them being used a ton.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is OP a stamblade?

Well it really depends on context. Stamblades are the most capable in the most contexts... but sure, in a GvG tourney you wont see them being used a ton.

Excatly. For example I see OP in main post using term "no-counterplay magsorcs" , well yeah in 1v1 in CP enviroment it would be some kind correct statement but in non CP Cyrodill they're easily counterable and they shine only in BG's as execute spammers from behind. Context is really important.
    Edited by Juhasow on June 19, 2018 12:42PM
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »

Is OP a stamblade?

Excatly. For example I see OP in main post using term "no-counterplay magsorcs" , well yeah in 1v1 in CP enviroment it would be some kind correct statement but in non CP Cyrodill they're easily counterable and they shine only in BG's as execute spammers from behind. Context is really important.

If the context was 1v1 then it wouldn't even be debatable; magSorcs would win. But the question was about PvP; not dueling. magSorcs are incredibly powerful in BGs because they steal kills from both teams with minimal effort giving the team with the magsorcs an unfair advantage.

Stam Wardens can decimate groups with a Subterranean Assault + DBoS -> Reverse Slice combo which is incredibly powerful for small scale and large scale PvP.

And everyone always thinks about only damage. Probably one of the strongest specs in the game is the magplar. They'll keep you healed, give you resources, and a free purge to synergize. This spec is insanely powerful.

MagDKs not only hit hard, but are CC machines with their roots and scares. Not to mention they put out a ton of pressure with all of their DoTs.

And just like how magplars are powerful in terms of group support; Nightblades are great priority target killers; which if successfully could potentially turn the tide of the entire fight in their team's favor.

So yes, context is absolutely important. I only specifically called out magSorcs and Stam Wardens because of their efficiency to acquire multiple kills in most situations. But I put that third option because depending on their class and perspective the answer to them could certainly be something other than what I mentioned.
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is OP a stamblade?

If the context was 1v1 then it wouldn't even be debatable; magSorcs would win. But the question was about PvP; not dueling. magSorcs are incredibly powerful in BGs because they steal kills from both teams with minimal effort giving the team with the magsorcs an unfair advantage.

Stam Wardens can decimate groups with a Subterranean Assault + DBoS -> Reverse Slice combo which is incredibly powerful for small scale and large scale PvP.

And everyone always thinks about only damage. Probably one of the strongest specs in the game is the magplar. They'll keep you healed, give you resources, and a free purge to synergize. This spec is insanely powerful.

MagDKs not only hit hard, but are CC machines with their roots and scares. Not to mention they put out a ton of pressure with all of their DoTs.

And just like how magplars are powerful in terms of group support; Nightblades are great priority target killers; which if successfully could potentially turn the tide of the entire fight in their team's favor.

So yes, context is absolutely important. I only specifically called out magSorcs and Stam Wardens because of their efficiency to acquire multiple kills in most situations. But I put that third option because depending on their class and perspective the answer to them could certainly be something other than what I mentioned.

Only death match cares about kill ratio... that aside Zos needs to look at damage done rather than who landed the killing blow on said person.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like to add that the value of a magsorc is heavily diminished in the context of Cyrodiil since no one from your alliance is going to know or care if you stole their kill.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    usmguy1234 wrote: »

Is OP a stamblade?

Only death match cares about kill ratio... that aside Zos needs to look at damage done rather than who landed the killing blow on said person.

Definitely. It is incredibly frustrating having your kills stolen from an opposing team. But when it comes to BGs I'm only talking about deathmatch since I'm not a big fan of this game's objective matches. Which judging from the fact that my random BGs are almost exclusively deathmatch; I think it's safe to assume that most people would agree with me.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually it's...
    Wrobel, because whatever happens you all complain about him more than anything else. Clearly means he's OP. :trollface:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is OP a stamblade?

Definitely. It is incredibly frustrating having your kills stolen from an opposing team. But when it comes to BGs I'm only talking about deathmatch since I'm not a big fan of this game's objective matches. Which judging from the fact that my random BGs are almost exclusively deathmatch; I think it's safe to assume that most people would agree with me.

It varies for me... can have 3-4 dm in a row or just a few per session. I don't bg very often so it may be something to do with my ranking. I usually only bg for daily or if cyrodilll is an absolute cf.
    Edited by usmguy1234 on June 19, 2018 1:07PM
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Is OP a stamblade?

It varies for me... can have 3-4 dm in a row or just a few per session. I don't bg very often so it may be something to do with my ranking. I usually only bg for daily or if cyrodilll is an absolute cf.

I'm glad we have the options to PvP in both context :-)
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is OP a stamblade?

I'm glad we have the options to PvP in both context :-)

Absolutely. No on can touch ep in vivec right now so bgs are fresh air for sure.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk

• THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Actually it's...
    Lag.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stamina Wardens

Is OP a stamblade?

With sloads in its current state I'd put stamden above. Stamblade clutches hard on the heavily OP cloak
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually it's...
    Me :)
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • Vynist
    Vynist
    ✭✭✭
    Actually it's...
    op is obviously a stamblade that has trouble killing mag sorcs and tanky stam wardens lol

In all seriousness, I would put stam blade and mag sorc equal for the most part. In BGs, the highest kills usually go to the mag sorcs or stam NB's, but obviously it depends on the player and the other players. Also, mag sorcs tend to get high kills in BG simply because of mages fury.

I just came back after quitting eso for 2 years and I have been playing on my mag sorc for the past few days, and it REALLY REALLY depends on who you are playing against. There has been times where I got 20 kills and 2 deaths on my mag sorc, but when I play against people who know what they are doing, I get like 2 kills and 8 deaths lol.

So to summarize, mag sorcs are hard to deal with if you don't know how to deal with them, but once you figure them out (by playing as them to get their rotation) then they aren't as big a deal.
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magicka Sorcs
    In 1v1s sorcs can be really brutal. Squishy builds like magblades or stamblades (and any other low resistance medium armour build) basically need to survive a full dmg meteor, curse and fragment hit. There's very little counterplay to this combo. Even outside of ultimate abilities sorcs can pack some insane burst and pressure, all while arguably running one of the tankiest setups in game (two massive shields and sometimes mines to fend off melee attacks) .

Don't even get me started on pets... especially on ranged builds it's nigh impossible to land your combo, as there will always be some pet in the way. They also do lot of dmg and can easily be resummoned.

Of course there's counters, but with pets sorcs can even outheal shieldbreaker and sload's easily.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vynist wrote: »
    op is obviously a stamblade that has trouble killing mag sorcs and tanky stam wardens lol

Of course! And if I had put Stamblades as an option I would struggling against them too! That's how it works after all right? :tongue:
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is OP a stamblade?

The scenarios where a metta magplar build is preferable and far and few between.
    Edited by Drdeath20 on June 19, 2018 4:24PM
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Drdeath20 wrote: »

Is OP a stamblade?

The scenarios where a metta magplar build is preferable and far and few between.

I can't think of a scenario where I wouldn't want one on my team.
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually it's...
    Who's the king? The no-counterplay magicka sorcs? Or the AoE death machines called the stam wardens? Or perhaps you have a different opinion?

Lag OP
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    valeriiya wrote: »
    Who's the king? The no-counterplay magicka sorcs? Or the AoE death machines called the stam wardens? Or perhaps you have a different opinion?

Lag OP

Facts.
  • Vynist
    Vynist
    ✭✭✭
    Actually it's...
    Vynist wrote: »

Of course! And if I had put Stamblades as an option I would struggling against them too! That's how it works after all right? :tongue:

You're right in that is indeed how it works. But the fact that you ask "who is the king of pvp" WITHOUT including stamblades might mean it's a L2P issue. Please don't take offense with this, I mean nothing of ill intent.

To expand on this, when I solo queue BG's I can for the most part get 1st or 2nd in the amount of kills. When I queue with my friends and we play against strong teams/players, I am ALWAYS lowest kills with a terrible K/D ratio. This is a L2P issue on my part, nothing offensive about that.
  • Gprime31
    Gprime31
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enslaved wrote: »
    magicka sorcerers.

Collective sorc crywave in 3,2,1...

agreed... and for pve as well....cause ya know i only need 1 bar to complete vet mealstrom with a sorc.
  • Xai_Zi
    Xai_Zi
    ✭✭✭
    Actually it's...
    lag
    Frequent target of racially motivated censoring by mods.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gprime31 wrote: »
    Enslaved wrote: »
    magicka sorcerers.

Collective sorc crywave in 3,2,1...

agreed... and for pve as well....cause ya know i only need 1 bar to complete vet mealstrom with a sorc.

You need 1 bar to complete vet maelstrom with any build to be honest.
  • Siliziumdioxid
    Siliziumdioxid
    ✭✭✭
    A PetSorc Emp in CP enabled IC with necro+Imperial physique comes pretty close
    Guild: Ancaria
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Actually it's...
    Durok's + Sload + Zaan combo
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually it's...
    IMHO, Magplars are the best class as a whole...

We can simultaneously be a competent Tank, Healer, and DD...

We offer the very best Support as Purifying Light is practically a Death Sentence against most opponents (especially if you are running in an organized group that is systematically focus firing on opponents)...

We can bring teammates from Execute Range to full health with a single button push...

We offer a synergy that can Cleanse all negative effects on an ally instantly...

We can do it all...

Now I fully admit that we are not Kings at any single thing, but we are the best at being competent at everything...
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s