The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

One Hell of a Grind but I Did It!

Pwnyridah
Pwnyridah
✭✭✭
Max JC with all traits ;)

http://imgur.com/gallery/2Bu3Edp
Edited by Pwnyridah on June 18, 2018 6:37PM
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need more time :/
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what I hear you saying is you want to craft my jewelry right ?
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you gold anything out yet?
  • Zach2322
    Zach2322
    ✭✭✭
    So what I hear you saying is you want to craft my jewelry right ?

His mats and no tip, right?
  • Pwnyridah
    Pwnyridah
    ✭✭✭

Nah i only have 1 chromium plating lol...grind isn't over...
    Edited by Pwnyridah on June 18, 2018 6:42PM
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gratz!!!

I'm still working on the research, but I've managed to obtain research items personally or via guildies to stay ahead of a research slot being filled.

I'll be there in a month or three.
    The Moot Councillor
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice. I hit 6 traits on both on Friday and am in the process of researching the 7th trait for Neck right now. Only 4 months left until I finish without any aid.
  • Pwnyridah
    Pwnyridah
    ✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    Nice. I hit 6 traits on both on Friday and am in the process of researching the 7th trait for Neck right now. Only 4 months left until I finish without any aid.

Nice. Yeah I went crazy on crates to get that red shadow senche radiant apex mount and had a ton of crown gems left. I think i'll skip the next crates...
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really a "grind" to get 2 items to 9 traits with crown scrolls.

When I get my own to 9, I will be satisfied to know it was all research and no crown store purchased achievement. Like my other 9 traits.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have all the traits learned but my JC Skill is still at 15.....
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just got GMC myself yesterday. Congrats!
    PC-NA Goat
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep forgetting to research and just sell my rings etc I got no time when killing people in Cyro
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »

When I get my own to 9, I will be satisfied to know it was all research and no crown store purchased achievement. Like my other 9 traits.

Um, calling BS on that. I got GMC, and did it with only in-game, writ-purchased scrolls. Also FYI, you don't need both items to 9 traits to get the achievement. You only need to research each trait once.

At 10v per scroll, you need hundreds of vouchers worth to get the most effect, and you need careful planning and micromanaging to ensure you don't waste any time. Not to mention getting the vouchers themselves if you don't have them.

I personally did dozens and dozens of small bit writs. Grindy, but it freed up space in the bank.
    PC-NA Goat
  • TheCyberDruid
    TheCyberDruid
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Getting the 10 voucher scrolls made/makes a dent in my voucher depot, but I'll get the achievement in 7 days. I could have 'strategised' a bit more and gotten it earlier, but I'm fine with it. The gold colour from the damn upgrade achievement is more important anyway...
  • Hurtfan
    Hurtfan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good on you OP, nice job. I'm dreading the grind, I think I'm level 4 lol...
    For the Pact!
    Keyboard not found, press any key to continue
  • ErMurazor
    ErMurazor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thats not a grind at all, its all about Crowns. i got my GMC a week after release. the real grind is to actually be able to craft legendary jewelry unless you are filthy rich. anyway GZ :P
  • Pwnyridah
    Pwnyridah
    ✭✭✭
    I actually did a lot of jc materials farming and dolmen farming to get rings. Waiting on research times is not really a "grind".
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i hate pooping on *** too...but
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe he did it with research scrolls from the writ vendor? That would be quite a grind if you do it that way. Anyone done the math on that?

I am 8 trait ring, and working on 8 trait neck at the moment. Just got the GMC title, so no hurry as I dont see myself crafting 9 trait jewelry anytime soon.
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    gratz...

but that is not 'grind'
  • Taunky
    Taunky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats!
  • NoTimeToWait
    NoTimeToWait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I would agree that it is not a grind. It is one of the most diverse and interesting achievements. Grats on getting it
    Phage wrote: »

Um, calling BS on that. I got GMC, and did it with only in-game, writ-purchased scrolls. Also FYI, you don't need both items to 9 traits to get the achievement. You only need to research each trait once.

At 10v per scroll, you need hundreds of vouchers worth to get the most effect, and you need careful planning and micromanaging to ensure you don't waste any time. Not to mention getting the vouchers themselves if you don't have them.

I personally did dozens and dozens of small bit writs. Grindy, but it freed up space in the bank.

I suppose he got his GMC in the first 5-10 days of Summerset and was talking about just maxing out JC. And, having that "100 Master writs completed" achievement you are bound to have tons of vouchers (or at least 300-400)
    Edited by NoTimeToWait on June 18, 2018 10:06PM
  • whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats
    Signed, Kotaro Atani.PS5 NA
    VR16/ CP 160 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS5, and of course Master Thief. Currently 3120 CP out of 3600 CP on NA PS5. Currently 810 CP on NA PC (used for PTS testing purposes only). On PS5 I am also a Master Crafter, all traits done and learned, Jewelry crafting done. all Motifs learned on PS5 except for maybe two-three Motifs. Both Companions are Max level as are their Skills.Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade. Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home ! "I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." ―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri.(All 18 characters are AD only! This one is a AD Loyalist)Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS5 and on NA PC. Note- I only use PC for PTS testing purposes, the PS5 is my dedicated Game Platform.Note- for those that don't know how to say Kotaro Atani it's "Ko tar row Ah ta ni" (Ko with a Oh sound, tar which sounds like the sticky black tar stuff, row like rowing a boat, Ah with a AHHHH sound, Ta with a Tahhh sound, Neeee which sounds like knee)"The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past...""Moonsugar may be the key to paradise, but it is through a false door...""A perfect society is always elsewhere..."- Unknown book of Khajiiti proverbs.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't spend real money to make things quickly.

I use writ vouchers.

So only 6 traits per done
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

I have neither. I'm at 6 trait for both rings and necks though, so any traits after this are gravy. Still need to get my skill to 50, though, so I can make 160 pieces.

Congrats @Pwnyridah.
  • dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG ... I never thought I'd see people saying that jewelry crafting is not a grind! LOL

My crafter is @ lvl35 in JC... I got 6 traits researched so far, I've refined over 300 pewter & platinum mats... but still don't have the mats to make one blue ring with 100% success rate! I have one purple improvement mat & not even one gold grain of a mat. It's the most grindy grind that ever ground.
    NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad I only have to do this on my crafter.... all my alts I simply get them to JC level 9 for the second Keen Eye passive.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

I have neither. I'm at 6 trait for both rings and necks though, so any traits after this are gravy. Still need to get my skill to 50, though, so I can make 160 pieces.

Congrats @Pwnyridah.

Yea, you really only need 6 traits for the most commomly used crafted sets. Researching traits is the easy part anyway just need gold. Materials and Mat Passives? That is the real slog
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How can you grind traits ? You just need patience and wait for the timers to run out. Is waiting without doing anything really
    considered a grind ?
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pwnyridah wrote: »

Nah i only have 1 chromium plating lol...grind isn't over...

One more than I