The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

ESO would likely grow significantly if PvP received more attention

• Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BuildMan wrote: »
    @Rohamad_Ali

Gamemasters would fix that problem no? I understand that 1-10 wouldn’t, but if they could hire 100 to maintain such a task as their priority then perhaps that could be a possible solution?

Maybe . I'm sure it would make it a difference but how much I'm not sure . Moving calculations away from the client and making server side checks is the most affordable probably . After the original lighting patch along update 2 , there was a anti bot program added that some believe caused the most problems . It would require going backwards and digging deep in code to be sure but ZoS has never and will probably never give out details as to why this occurred or if it can fixed ever .

Would be nice if they could segregate the bot code out of Cyrodiil, no need for it there. We'll take care of the bots.
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean Morrowind was when ZOS screwed Cyrodiil and they did lose a lot of players and those that still play don't take the game as seriously anymore (less likely to buy *** for ESO) i don't know, they probably could breath some life back into eso if they put more work into PvP but i don't know if they have the talent for it anymore. i mean we're in another proc meta... they made the same mistake twice...... that's not a good sign.
    Edited by Lucky28 on June 19, 2018 5:44AM
    Invictus
  • thegreat_one
    thegreat_one
    ✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I don't know if this has been brought up.

Make a new Class.

Moth Priest. (actual lore not some BS Warden crap)

Offensive skill tree Combat skills that include New combat staffs or hand to hand.

Defensive Skill tree with heals and shields?

Scroll Reading Skill tree the focus of the new class. Unique group buffs but are shorter duration?!

Also under the scroll reading skill tree there should be a passive that involves holding a scroll in Cyrodiil. (if you don't pvp u don't spend a point, simple)

like when running one of your factions scrolls you can use Moth form (mist form just with moths, its 3 am and i'm tired)
    and when running another factions u get a speed buff or vice versa.

This would make the best scroll runners in the game this class. And any groups planning on running a scroll would want to organize around them.

However it would not be a benefit to run a group of 16 Moth Priests, (One flame skill and !Poof! just like RL)

And a wicked ass story line to go with it for the PvE peeps

Anyways that's all I got, Happy Maintenance!
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Make a new Class.

Offensive skill tree Combat skills that include New combat staffs or hand to hand.

Scroll Reading Skill tree the focus of the new class. Unique group buffs but are shorter duration?!

Also under the scroll reading skill tree there should be a passive that involves holding a scroll in Cyrodiil. (if you don't pvp u don't spend a point, simple)

like when running one of your factions scrolls you can use Moth form (mist form just with moths, its 3 am and i'm tired)

This would make the best scroll runners in the game this class. And any groups planning on running a scroll would want to organize around them.

However it would not be a benefit to run a group of 16 Moth Priests, (One flame skill and !Poof! just like RL)

Ehm what? I guess wrong Thread or just a troll
  • NeroBad
    NeroBad
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can only tell numbers from Steam chart for numbers, but according to that the biggest boost ever was the One Tamriel Update, which was a mostly PVE patch (play together in the PVE overworld). I'm in 4 big Trading Guild and 1 PVP Guild. In the PVP Guild most of the players are not in Cyrodiil (maybe a quarter or fifth of them), and in the Trading Guilds only less then the tenth are in cyrodiil during prime time.

I like the bigscale PVP in ESO altough I ran into some lags and few bugs, but I have mostly good time there. The agressively competitive 1vX players are the biggest complainers in my experience. I'm not telling that if someone experiences bugs/lags etc. should be silent, but many tells their opinion as a fact, and that is wrong.

I would support one big PVP patch without any PVE content, but ZOS have most of the datas, and we only have assumptions, wether it would be benefitial to them in short or long term
    Edited by NeroBad on June 19, 2018 10:16AM
  • Mr_Nobody
    Mr_Nobody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please last time they fixed server performance i recall slows reduced dodge length and templar RD was just an animation, for 6 months straight.
    ~ @Niekas ~

• Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ranger209 wrote: »
    BuildMan wrote: »
    @Rohamad_Ali

Gamemasters would fix that problem no? I understand that 1-10 wouldn’t, but if they could hire 100 to maintain such a task as their priority then perhaps that could be a possible solution?

Maybe . I'm sure it would make it a difference but how much I'm not sure . Moving calculations away from the client and making server side checks is the most affordable probably . After the original lighting patch along update 2 , there was a anti bot program added that some believe caused the most problems . It would require going backwards and digging deep in code to be sure but ZoS has never and will probably never give out details as to why this occurred or if it can fixed ever .

Would be nice if they could segregate the bot code out of Cyrodiil, no need for it there. We'll take care of the bots.

Lol best comment and suggestion.

Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Hammy01
    Hammy01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    OP makes an assumption without any real basis. Zos tends to use actual market information to support assumptions they make.

1. PvP is free in ESO (except IC) so it does not drive revenue like PvE does.
    2. Most successful PvP games have an extremely different business model which needs to be taken into consideration when having this discussion. Cannot compare ESO and LoL without understanding this.

Huh?Most Pvp players pay for the same content pve players do! I would bet we buy just as much stuff from the crown store as well!
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hammy01 wrote: »
    OP makes an assumption without any real basis. Zos tends to use actual market information to support assumptions they make.

2. Most successful PvP games have an extremely different business model which needs to be taken into consideration when having this discussion. Cannot compare ESO and LoL without understanding this.

Huh?Most Pvp players pay for the same content pve players do! I would bet we buy just as much stuff from the crown store as well!

That and BGs were a high cost at their launch due to the pay wall, but their population was lower compared to other PvP games or ESO PvP updates. But best PvP populations come from events and giving incentives to play pvp.

I'd like to wager a majority of the players in ESO only buy things that will get their mounts or ESO plus/chapters. That is enough to justify adding PvP updates. It doesn't have to be the only end game, but they can add things like 30+ man BGs and new maps every DLC which players will use! Now that BGs are base game I think PvP has the potential to return to it's normal pop levels.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Tonturri
    Tonturri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pvp is getting as much attention as it makes money. They'd not only have to make new content, but it'd somehow have to bring in NEW players. Even if the entire pvp population bought the thing it might not be worth it (at a guess). IC has shown that PvE and PvP don't...really mix all that well. Why would they make more pvp stuff when they could bring in so much more money by making PvE content?
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The reason pvp can't bring in more players is because of the lag. PVE works fine but in pvp, miss timing skill combos results in death.
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep waiting until they balance the game. every update it I feel like they are working and could actually nail down some of the issues. Then I look back and realize I have been waiting for over 2 years. I really REALLY want the game to succeed. But honestly what's the point of waiting. This could very well last another 5 years. who knows.

Thankfully there is fallout 76, Cyberpunk and hopefully Ashes of Creation(skeptically waiting) on the horizon....

THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CavalryPK wrote: »
    I keep waiting until they balance the game. every update it I feel like they are working and could actually nail down some of the issues. Then I look back and realize I have been waiting for over 2 years. I really REALLY want the game to succeed. But honestly what's the point of waiting. This could very well last another 5 years. who knows.

Thankfully there is fallout 76, Cyberpunk and hopefully Ashes of Creation(skeptically waiting) on the horizon....

I'd leave the game when fallout comes out. Todd Howard making a sandbox multiple player fallout? Take my money lol
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ESO will linger on like this for some time. PVP, nothing major is going to happen for sure. I'd love to be proven wrong, but after 4 years I think we've got enough proof of what we've got ourselves into. That's about it.

From an individual's perspective, games fail all the time, nothing new there. They can bring in 50 million new players next year alone, and it still won't mean anything for your PVP-bottom-line.

Bethesda on the other hand has some interesting stuff coming out, and let's not forget all the new MMOs that are in the works too.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Make a new Class.

Why would Moth Priests, whose sole purpose of existence is to read the Elder Scrolls basically be a PvP class? They belong to the Elder Scrolls reading, not combat.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Animus-ESO
    Animus-ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dragon bones patch was the closests we have seen balance ever in the games history. All we needed was a few changes to the befoul CP, slight buff to Templars dps, and probably removed cost poisons and the game would have been amazing. This patch is just utter garbage balance wise. Over buffed sorcs , befoul and defiles are out of control. Another proc-pocolypse... Wtf were the devs thinking? They were doing so well with balance the last few patches.
    Dude Where's My Guar?
  • Hammy01
    Hammy01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

That and BGs were a high cost at their launch due to the pay wall, but their population was lower compared to other PvP games or ESO PvP updates. But best PvP populations come from events and giving incentives to play pvp.

I'd like to wager a majority of the players in ESO only buy things that will get their mounts or ESO plus/chapters. That is enough to justify adding PvP updates. It doesn't have to be the only end game, but they can add things like 30+ man BGs and new maps every DLC which players will use! Now that BGs are base game I think PvP has the potential to return to it's normal pop levels.

I wonder if scrapping cyrodiil altogether and going with larger BGs would be better for ESO in the long run? I for one would not mind and I love Cyrodiil but as of lately it has just become one big laggy / frozen mess with an extreme toxic flavor! However they need large scale BGs as well because not everyone likes small scale 4v4v4 style pvp.
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

I wonder if scrapping cyrodiil altogether and going with larger BGs would be better for ESO in the long run? I for one would not mind and I love Cyrodiil but as of lately it has just become one big laggy / frozen mess with an extreme toxic flavor! However they need large scale BGs as well because not everyone likes small scale 4v4v4 style pvp.

Yeah, I think that might be an interesting point of discussion. Cyrodiil is basically a massive zerg fest half the time and it's harder to manage lag and performance with hundreds of people in an instance. I'd personally like to see 6v6s and 12v12s added with larger maps, rankings, and mounts.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hammy01 Clearly I did not say PvP players do not pay anything. Of course neither of us can say how much pure PvP players to spend on PvE which is the type of player OP seems to think will flock to ESO.

Regardless, you failed to address the first sentence, that OP makes some huge assumptions and really offers no justification for them nor does he address the major differences between ESO and the more popular PvP segment of the market he mentions. Without addressing that this is a pointless conversation.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it would grow some because PvP does have a big pull on people, although sadly I feel that much of what ESO offers in PvP other games currently do better (maybe not collectively though).
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoS's knows how many people came for PvP . They ran into a issue they can never solve with their servers and lag . Part of the problem was having so much client side gave better performance at launch but left the game too vulnerable to hacks and cheats . They've continually had to close off more performance to protect the games integrity . Eso will always struggle with PvP in Cyrodiil because of this . Cheaters ruin everything for everyone . Those that say it's no big deal don't realize the long term problems they create .

This is unfortunately correct, though I completely agree with @LegendaryMage that BGs and other, non-Cyrodiil PvP modes are forced to do poorly even though they don’t even suffer from Cyrodiil’s performance issues.

As for the original OP, idk if the ESO PvP population will grow if they theoretically “fix” stuff. It has been so long and ESO has literally been going downhill for years in terms of PvP population. Assuming they improve dramatically improve balance which will absolutely 100% never happen unless ZOS replaces their entire combat team at this point, the population will remain as is.

Players gave ESO a chance. They loved it. Problems came up. They waited and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited anddd..... then they said f*** it and left. It doesn’t get more simple than that. Maybe some people will come back I guess but there’s much more revenue to make by pushing out new content/Crown Store stuff han investing into the actual game at this point.
  • thegreat_one
    thegreat_one
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why would Moth Priests, whose sole purpose of existence is to read the Elder Scrolls basically be a PvP class? They belong to the Elder Scrolls reading, not combat.

Sorry, I just feel like a series which has such deep lore, would want to expand it. Seems like they are just putting out DLC too appease you all while they don't fix the things most people complain about.

Edited by thegreat_one on June 22, 2018 11:07PM