The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

PC/PS4/XBOX Crown purchases linked?

Atypicalgal
Atypicalgal
✭✭
When are we ever going to get crown purchases available across our linked accounts? From PC to PS4 for example.
I have been playing since the beta on PC and over the years have bought a substantial amount of mounts , pets, costumes and such on the crown store.
I bought the PS4 edition a while back because on your website there was the option to link accounts. What was the point if NOTHING carries over?
I don't even care for the characters that much , but the hundreds of euros I poured into the game out of my own pocket , yeah I care about that , just a bit.
Right now , and ever since the PS4 edition came out, there are 0 advantages to starting a new game on consoles .
You're telling me that I have to buy each and every item i ALREADY bought TWICE, it's so anti-consumer . Not to mention it's not even possible to buy back all the items I bought because most of them were limited edition , so they're not even available for purchase on the store anymore !
I sent an e-mail years back asking about this, and was told that it wasn't possible for whatever reason. I thought to myself " I'll wait , give them time .. the PS4 edition has only been out a short while, surley they'll fix this" , and here we are 2 years later still waiting for them to fix this . Because this is an issue .
I am just disappointed that after all this time nothing has been done. This is something players have been asking for for a long time now, I am not the only one.
  • Cheetac19
    Cheetac19
    ✭✭✭
    I feel you, I played on Xbox for years before getting a good PC. I'd much, much rather play PC but holy cow, I used to dump money into the game like crazy. Won't start the rant about why I don't anymore lol. There's no way I'm buying anything on PC. So I mainly stick to Xbox. If they'd at least offer a one time transfer or something.... I'd just switch to PC 100%

So I just try to take advantage of all the freebies PC gets.

I highly doubt they'll ever offer what you're wanting, I mean think about it. ZOS has gotten a taste of that big money, there's no way they're going to lose out on the possibility of you or anyone else rebuying crap they've already bought. It's like a double dip for them. The old ZOS may have, but this new version only cares about one thing, and it sure as *** ain't customer satisfaction.
  • Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭
    The account link was because when console first launched there was an option to do a one time character copy (which included any crown store purchases) from PC to console.

I do not know of any public mention of this interface by ZoS since but clearly the system is capable of replicating crown store purchases across accounts and carrying over character info (for the most part - some of my achievements I unlocked on PC did not show up as unlocked on Xbox). It would be interesting for ZoS to include some character copy options again.
    I don't always drink Skooma, but when I do I go to the Southwall Corner Club. May you walk on warm sands my friends.
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They claim it can't be done, but plopping items into a person's inventory or collectibles, like with the gifts, is totally possible. Its probably tedious or simply not worth the time, so that's part of the reason transfers haven't come back.

The other is Microsoft and Sony. There's no way they'll be happy about losing their console players to PC (or each other!), and likely have blocked the ability to switch platforms.
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • Cheetac19
    Cheetac19
    ✭✭✭
    You're probably right, Hanokihs, I didn't think about the competition part.