The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Add Group Arenas and Normal Trials to Group Finder

• Meld777
    Meld777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    I love group finder pugs. Who are you to tell me I can't pug trials?
    Pimpkachu wrote: »
    Zone chat is what we have for now and is efficient enough so that you can get to where you want to be.

What if I want to pug vAS +2 or vCR +1/2/3? There are no groups forming for that in zone chat; and those that do, maybe once a day, are filled with elitist garbage, asking you for your CP, parses, achievements and what not...

Just let me pug ffs!

srzAPK8.png
    Maelstrom Arena Champion | Undaunted | Fighters Guild Victor

Level 50 Magicka NB | CP160+

nAA | vCoH1 HM | nSO | nCoA2 | nDSA | nMA | vVoM

PC EU
  • klowdy1
    klowdy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Diminish wrote: »
    This will never happen. For one, what criteria would they use for roles? How do they know if a group should have 1 tank, 2 tanks, same for healers/etc. I'm all for making grouping more accessible to everyone, but the group finder is not the way. They need some sort of in-game LFG tool.

You make it a standard. Two heals, two tanks, every time, no question.
  • TheDarkShadow
    TheDarkShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No (Tell us why in a comment below)
    As someone said above, nTrial will be a nightmare with no lead, no experience and fake role. In 4 man dungeon 1 or 2 person can carry 1 or 2 others, but in trial 1 cannot carry 6.

If only we have a global channel for level cp 160+. Yes standing around in Craglorn work but I'd rather going on with my quest/achivement/picking skyshard... ect on other zones while waiting.
    Edited by TheDarkShadow on June 14, 2018 11:55AM
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes!
    I think it would work fine for normal mode. Could be pretty fun.
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish it could work...but it just wouldn't...but not for the reasons most are expressing....

The fake role thing would auto-correct itself, since the whole reason for queuing with fake roles is that most 4 man dungeons can be face-rolled...but if you que as a fake tank or healer for a trial than you will soon realize that you will just be wasting as much time if even more trying to complete... even the first add pull in the "easiest" "real" trial, HRC... so fake que'rs would just be spending more time in an impossible trial then in que as dps...

What would doom it to fail is that... very few good "support" roles would be queuing for LFG trials...and even in non PUG trial groups if your tank can't hold aggro or stay alive and/or healer can't heal dps through certain mechanics than it is a guaranteed wipe
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    Xuhora wrote: »
    care to elaborate deeper?

- at what LVL/CP does the GF for nTrials start?
    - who decides how many tanks/healers/dds are going for which trial?
    - how many players need to press F for yes to votekick?
    - is it possible to select more than 1 role?
    - does the GF offer daily rewards such as for normal randoms?
    - If so, what do they contain?

Simply saying, GF for ntrials would be awesome is easy. thinking about what comes with it is a little more tricky.

In my opinion, yeah, do it, but i will never use it since im sure it will frustrate me more than i benefit from it. furthermore i say its bad for the firsttimers and gals who need to learn the mechanics.
    With a GF-Group running a trial chances are, that there are 5 guys who know what to do and 7 who dont. Now it will be no different to the procedure of a PUG Dungeon. The 5 guys who know what to do will rush forward, pull things, and start fights, leaving the 7 other in an awefull disparity not knowing what to do. That either leads to them dying left and right to mobs and mechanics, or dulling them down, eventually succeeding nontheless and rewarding that habit. Both of these possibilities are equally bad for the community.

I got nothing against player saying they are lonewolves, i just dont understand playing a mMorpg and staying alone... And while i respect your decision to do so, i also ask you to understand that there is content in a mMorpg that demmands coordination. So by saying GF will help us lonewolves getting content done, well, see the 2 possibilities above.
    And if you actually manage to find a guy, knowing what to do and willing to endlessly type mechanics before boss, capslocking mechanics during boss and trying his best to get stuff done, at the very least, say thanks mate, dont take it for granted

I also explain in the OP that it benefits Guilds, and people in Guilds who don't necessarily run with those Guilds. It's about more than lone wolves, to be sure.

As for the actual way it would work, I don't know. I'd say probably treat them similarly to dungeons, so give the vets the ol' C300 limit. Put a configuration selector in the GF for one tank/two tank/etc. Over half of players pressing F passes the vote. Multirole is possible, but they'd have to differentiate a healtank from a maintank, possibly with a tickbox for allowing combination roles in the queue. Either that or don't allow them at all, and leave multiroles for the premade groups.

As for daily random rewards, yes, absolutely. It is crucial to give people incentive to run the content, which starts a cascade effect where we see more people in the content, and more people getting skilled at endgame.
    PC-NA Goat
  • Lyss1991
    Lyss1991
    ✭✭✭✭
    Moving my comment from another thread on this same topic:

ABSOLUTELY NOT.

Its hard enough doing trials with a PUG as it is, Activity Finder would make that 10x worse. Picture Dungeon Finder - People hopping in queue as ALL roles to get picked up faster, And the group that gets them needs a DPS but they are a healer.

NO THANK YOU.

Leave it aloneeeeee.

Trials should be done with groups that know each other and are comfortable with each other. Ive joined random trial groups before, And they were super unpleasant. My guild has a trias team - Normal and Vet. Normal for any CP, Any dmg amount. We go screw around and have fun. Nobody gets upset because we all know each other. Vet team must hit a minimum of 30k and be a minimum of 300 CP. Theres no screwing around in those either. Get in there and get it done, Or get kicked if you goof around.
    PS4 NA EST June 2016 | GM of Tamriel’s Outkasts Social Guild | Main - Assylah - Max CP Breton Mag Sorc - Master Angler - Mageslayer - Shehai Shatterer - Ophidian Overlord | Best Thief in Tamriel - Khajiit NB Purrfecta Meowna | Aspiring Master Crafter | Achievement Hunter | Recipe/Blueprint Enthusiast | Costume Junkie | Primary Residence - Princely Dawnlight Palace
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes!
    These “zone chat” people are hilarious. Go back to rotary phones and bicycles and stop playing ESO. I believe the Mennonite lifestyle might suit you better. The rest of us enjoy modern convenience and change.
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    Lyss1991 wrote: »
    Moving my comment from another thread on this same topic:

ABSOLUTELY NOT.

Its hard enough doing trials with a PUG as it is, Activity Finder would make that 10x worse. Picture Dungeon Finder - People hopping in queue as ALL roles to get picked up faster, And the group that gets them needs a DPS but they are a healer.

NO THANK YOU.

Leave it aloneeeeee.

Trials should be done with groups that know each other and are comfortable with each other. Ive joined random trial groups before, And they were super unpleasant. My guild has a trias team - Normal and Vet. Normal for any CP, Any dmg amount. We go screw around and have fun. Nobody gets upset because we all know each other. Vet team must hit a minimum of 30k and be a minimum of 300 CP. Theres no screwing around in those either. Get in there and get it done, Or get kicked if you goof around.

That's not realistic when most of the playerbase is antisocial.

I've been in my fair share of PUG trials too, and lots of them were great. Your personal experience with them doesn't necessarily mean all PUGs will be terrible.

You also forgot about DSA and the upcoming arena. Both are 4 player, and also should be included in GF.
    PC-NA Goat
  • Zagnut123Zagnut123
    Zagnut123Zagnut123
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pc would need a comms system first, before I'd say it was a good idea. But Im foreshadowing the insane amounts of salty posts this will create and the amount of toxic behaviour as well. But some ppl need to learn how *** it can be the hard way.
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes!
    Lets be honest.

Most normal raids are easier than DLC dungeons, let alone HM.

NHoF normal is on par with DLC dungeons. Also a lot of it is just -> Do you have purge? -> if yes first boss is cake -> If you have good dps with quite a bit of purges -> You can just burn. The trio boss I have been in a random pug for it and just stood there and burned it to death. There wasn't any 30K DPS checks before, they were just inviting random people. I would say the hardest fight for pugs would be either the first or final boss.

MoL is mostly just: Do you have a runner -> Yes? -> Your good -> If no? -> prepare to wipe a bit. I honestly don't think I have seen the full script in MoL as its usually burned to enrage point by the 6th platform or even earlier.

Normal raids I would say are flat out easier than most DLC dungeons as a low end DPS can hide behind a high end DPS. Downed NAS with like 5 people so that tells you what kind of DPS checks are in there <Mini boss add enrage check>. NSO with 7 / NHoF with 8 <Two tanks/Two healers in party too>.

Now for this que you will have to make it at least 300+ CP required to use just like DLC dungeons.
    Edited by karekiz on June 15, 2018 7:57PM
  • Aesthier
    Aesthier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    Phage wrote: »

Before people come with the overused "join a Guild" retort, consider the following:

Not everyone has access to Guilds for this, or is willing to be in Guilds. A large portion of the playerbase plays solo, and their only real access to group content comes from participating in Group Finder. This is true even of some players who are in Guilds, but choose to still play solo. Also consider that even the best Trials Guilds don't run 24/7.

I completely agree with your point about using the "get a guild" excuse.

The game is so old that even "inside" a guild it can be difficult finding anyone to group with. There are a ton of experienced players who are simply tired of teaching content to new players or slow learners it makes no difference if you are "inside" a guild with them or not.

There are a ton of guilds that the only time they respond to you in guild chat is the "Welcome!" when you join. Hell, I have even seen core members pleading for a vampire bite but will not respond at all when you offer one and instead they get mad that no other core members replied.

One of the guilds I am currently in does make a real attempt at assisting new and skill challenged players but they only have enough willing teachers to run one group at a time and the schedule is limited vs a host of new players.

• Aeslief
    Aeslief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (Specify below)
    Only if a group only forms when someone queues as a ‘raid leader’ with the ability to remove (fake role) people from group and specify how many tanks & heals will join, just like any other raid leader.

Yes, there’s some room for trollishness in the raid leader role here, but anyone wanting to use a grouping tool for raids ought to be willing to take that risk. A fake raid leader will find himself deserted by his group anyway.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes!
    The option should be given to us. If someone thinks that pugging trials would be an unbearable hell, just don´t use the group finder for trials. Stick to your guild and friends. But if some of us want to go hardcore and pugg them , just let us.
  • Hamrb
    Hamrb
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pimpkachu wrote: »
    If you are looking for normal trials groups, you can stand with Large Damage on the wall in Belkarth for a little bit and listen to the zone chat of Craglorn. Granted this is not 24/7, but actually you will be suprised to see people advertising that they are looking for x role for x nTrial quite often. If you don’t see anyone advertising there in zone chat, then you can start your own group! When you make your own group you can choose how many tanks, healers, and dps that you want to take. I personally have farmed all of my trials gear in pug groups. Most of which I started myself as no one was going to the trials I needed.

For vDSA, it is much rarer to see someone asking for people to fill roles. But the same applies above where you can start your own group!

As to a Group Finder, I think it is a great idea to have something more convenient and more efficient. I’m all for getting more people into end game group content, I even run a new trials guild on PC-NA which is aimed at people who haven’t touched a trial yet (Shout out to my Red Sabres :P). Zone chat is what we have for now and is efficient enough so that you can get to where you want to be.

that's a good point about the roles. because normal hel ra only needs one tank, where normal maw of lorkaj technically would need two, though a stamina dps pretending on the twins is also enough. plus id assume that the failure rate would be much higher than that of the 4 man dungeon finder.
    Founder of Sheogorath's Mortals NA PC

Exiled Lannister EP Sorc dps
    Hamrb EP Temp healer or dps
    l mufasa l EP Stamblade
    Fat Tyrion EP DK dps
    Mia Stone AD DK tank or dps
    Finn the Altmer AD Nightmage
    Launch Pad McQuack DC DK DPS
    Sterk Stonecrusher EP Stamplar
    -Wabba Jack DC Stam Sorc
    Sheo's Sweeper DC Magicka Temp
  • CiliPadi
    CiliPadi
    ✭✭✭✭
    They'd have to get a working Activity Finder first before adding Trials to it. Everytime they tinker with the Activity Finder, it explodes.