The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Are there any Night Blade using Malevolent Offering or any of its Morphs?

• AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    exeeter702 wrote: »

And whether or not you had personal value for agony is irrelevant. The truth is agony was a legacy skill designed for a very different eso. Its archetype stun did not fit into the game as it was originally designed for and as a result its use was fundemntally limited. I say this with absolute confidence - offering now brings more to nbs and to class role diversity then any utility agony ever provided nbs.

Agony was a very useful skill when you were soloing hard content. And it was replaced with a skill that is useless when you are soloing. Go figure.

And now nightblades don't have a targeted stun anymore.

They might as well have ditched Mark Target for it.

I may give Malevolent offering a try on my NB healer, but I am still not happy that I lost Malefic Wreath.
    The Moot Councillor
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    YES
    Osubaker33 wrote: »
    THIS IS A PVE SKILL (Of course it sucks in pvp)

On my PVE NB healer this skill is amazing. It heals for 18k and crit heals for 32k. Far bigger heal than my templar can put out with breath of life. I also dont have to worry as much about my magica because it uses my health. And as others have said I easily out heal the damage over time from using this skill.

Any poll on these forums is going to be skewed because PVP'ers post on the forums in FAR FAR higher percentages than the PVE'ers do.

For the record I PVE and PVP about equally.

Yeah.. its actually incredible in pvp.
  • Oersted
    Oersted
    Soul Shriven
    YES
    Yes, the skill is great PvE wise, basically a rushed ceremony that doesn't cost magicka, it adds to the "blood mage" flavor, and a reliable burst heal was something nightblades really needed. But it has big issues on PvP, like being unable to heal yourself with it, or the healing debuff not lowering costs making it almost a 1:1 health transfer.
    Almost no one picks Shrewd Offering over Healthy Offering at the moment, so that morph could be redesigned to be more attractive on PvP.
  • imenace
    imenace
    ✭✭✭
    on my nb tank its *** amazing because it doesnt cost magicka, you cast dark cloak and then just spam malevolent on anyone. can easily carry anything
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Actually it wasn't all that bad as a CC. To stun ppl on horses and it was an unblockable ranged CC which is nice nice to land your burst. The problem was, that any dmg broke the CC. Fix this issue and the old skill will be an awesome ability, that I would probably use.

But this heal that can't even heal yourself and damages you instead...wtf is that?!
  • Iruil_ESO
    Iruil_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    YES
    Of course I use it, it' an amaizing burst heal if you use it correctly (both PvE and PvP).
    But I also used the agony on my magblade before for a stun and additional dot (PvP).
    I realy wish they had left one morph as a stun like it was and made the other a heal for other people like now instead of all three versions of it as a heal.
    Kind of like they made one morph of cloak hiding and the other healing the caster.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    YES
    Better than Templar's Burst heal IMO...Doesn't heal you, but so what?
  • Malacthulhu
    Malacthulhu
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    It is an uncreative stupid ability. Remember when fighters guild had that morph of crossbow that pulled an enemy to you, then they decided to make it pull you to the enemy, then they just recently changed it back. This is that, but sillier.
    Xbox One Na
  • Kolzki
    Kolzki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES
    Healthy offering is basically the reason that my nightblade can now heal hard mode and no death runs on dlc dungeons.

I’m all for making the other morph useful in pvp.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    YES
    It is an uncreative stupid ability. Remember when fighters guild had that morph of crossbow that pulled an enemy to you, then they decided to make it pull you to the enemy, then they just recently changed it back. This is that, but sillier.

Uncreative and stupid huh?
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    YES
    It's a weird skill that I found myself using in "oh s***" moments, the kind where you slip in a heal and even the target doesn't notice you kept them from wiping and being the weak link in front of everyone.
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    YES
    DenMoria wrote: »
    May I ask what the point of a NB "Healer" is? Aren't NB, by definition, selfish killers? That seems like kind of the point. I'm not sure if I could even justify a RP as a NB "Healer".
    Nox_Noir wrote: »
    Really love this new reworked skill on my NB healer!

Because they have access to group buffs and are a very versitile and powerful class that can compliment all the others. If you're curious, check out a youtube vid or build one on the pts
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    YES
    D0PAMINE wrote: »
    It's a weird skill that I found myself using in "oh s***" moments, the kind where you slip in a heal and even the target doesn't notice you kept them from wiping and being the weak link in front of everyone.

Ive lost count of how many times ive healed players back to full with 2 casts of offering that were completely out of position who had no idea why they were still alive. Especially when doing it though los and walls. Lol
  • ascan7
    ascan7
    ✭✭✭
    YES
    mb10 wrote: »
    Its not a question about asking NBs its about asking end game and experienced NBs in PvE and PvP and no one at the end game is using this skill.

Alcast put it in his NB healer build so...
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    YES

Ive lost count of how many times ive healed players back to full with 2 casts of offering that were completely out of position who had no idea why they were still alive. Especially when doing it though los and walls. Lol

I used to love doing that with the Trinimac set in public dungeons while hidden behind a wall so they got insta healed with that odd ringing chime and had no idea wtf happened lol
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

I used to love doing that with the Trinimac set in public dungeons while hidden behind a wall so they got insta healed with that odd ringing chime and had no idea wtf happened lol

I have a friend who runs Redistributor on his NB just to startle people with heals.
    The Moot Councillor
  • ll_Rev
    ll_Rev
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    get rid of malevolent offering and bring back agony pls
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    i used to use it when it was a HoT that i could put on myself. though even then, not regularly. now, there is no point to the skill unless you're a full healer.
    Edited by Lucky28 on June 14, 2018 3:34AM
    Invictus
  • KittyHazWares
    KittyHazWares
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Only time I’ve ever seen someone use this skill was to lower their health (and jump off a rock) for a quicker deathport to a wayshrine/home alliance base. Lol.

Also I’ve been doing vet trials/dungeons and PVP for 3 years and only encountered 1 magic nightblade healer in either. That was before this skill was changed too.

Not saying NB healers are bad btw. Don’t take me wrong :)
    Edited by KittyHazWares on June 14, 2018 6:56AM
    Xbox One NA
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    wherew0lf wrote: »
    Only time I’ve ever seen someone use this skill was to lower their health (and jump off a rock) for a quicker deathport to a wayshrine/home alliance base. Lol.

Also I’ve been doing vet trials/dungeons and PVP for 3 years and only encountered 1 magic nightblade healer in either. That was before this skill was changed too.

Not saying NB healers are bad btw. Don’t take me wrong :)

well, when it was hot and was dealing instant damage to you I also was using it before jump from keep to fast wayshrine tele to not give enemy alliance free ap for zerging me in empty defensless keep haha

but aslo I have seen not only nb healer and this was before change to agone and after I didnt noticed if evn one of them was using this heal even in jsut dung when its less people to target with it
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    YES
    The ignorance in this thread is astounding.
  • ll_Rev
    ll_Rev
    ✭✭✭✭
    No

nope its just that agony was a skill used by more nightblades than malevolent offering. Nothing ignorant.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    YES
    ll_Rev wrote: »

nope its just that agony was a skill used by more nightblades than malevolent offering. Nothing ignorant.

The ignorance is a absolutely present when reading comments exclaiming how useless the skill is.
  • lionofjudah7
    lionofjudah7
    ✭✭✭
    Osubaker33 wrote: »
    THIS IS A PVE SKILL (Of course it sucks in pvp)

On my PVE NB healer this skill is amazing. It heals for 18k and crit heals for 32k. Far bigger heal than my templar can put out with breath of life. I also dont have to worry as much about my magica because it uses my health. And as others have said I easily out heal the damage over time from using this skill.

Any poll on these forums is going to be skewed because PVP'ers post on the forums in FAR FAR higher percentages than the PVE'ers do.

For the record I PVE and PVP about equally.

Yeah.. its actually incredible in pvp.

Ive personally been on eexters team n he healed the balls off everyone on our team with this ability n didnt die at all