The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Are there any Night Blade using Malevolent Offering or any of its Morphs?

• exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    YES
    DenMoria wrote: »
    May I ask what the point of a NB "Healer" is? Aren't NB, by definition, selfish killers? That seems like kind of the point. I'm not sure if I could even justify a RP as a NB "Healer".
    Nox_Noir wrote: »
    Really love this new reworked skill on my NB healer!

What is confusing avout this for you? They are in no way selfish killers exclusively. Offering is the very definition of a slelfless heal since it cant be self cast and costs your own health.

Nbs have multiple passives that increase outgoing healing potency. Refreshing path heals allies, funnel health heals allies, offering ONLY heals allies and is officially the strongest burst heal in the game. Soul siphon is purely a healing ultimate that is a burst heal followed by a fat hot and gives everyone effected major vitality and a synergy which deals damage and heals you even more. And this is a 28m aoe ultimate.

They are absolutely built for healing output if desired. The biggest misconception here is that most assume NBs are exclusively stealth based explosive damage dealers. The truth is NBs are thematically based around illusion and shadow. But this absolutely translates into life draining dark magic casters / shadow priests, and dark knight tanks. Not just rogues... that is only 1 aspect of NB.
    Edited by exeeter702 on June 12, 2018 4:45PM
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    YES
    Edziu wrote: »
    well I dont know how people can even think about using this..which will also work only on magblade as its stupidly scaling from magica while costing just health lol

and missing old agony which was used on both stam and magnb and it was really nice tool for range

If you have never used it, then ofc you wouldnt be able to think about using it.
  • Claudman
    Claudman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES
    @DenMoria
    I don't RP when I'm playing the game or endgame content. I think about how I could better my build.
    Welcome, Moon-and-Star, to this place where destiny is made.

I play healers or DPS often for vet dungeons and trials (NA, CP810+). I play mostly elves or Argonians.
    I primarily play Damage-Based stuff in PvP, but occasionally I'll play something tanky or got the heals.
    I also love gaining more knowledge both metaphysical and mundane regarding TES lore.

I also occasionally role-play, but I prefer playing the game.
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Its awful lol no way of standing up for this skill

Its not a question about asking NBs its about asking end game and experienced NBs in PvE and PvP and no one at the end game is using this skill.

Casting it on 4 targets will cause over 2k health dmg to the caster a second for 8 seconds straight which cannot be cleansed.
    The HoT is okay but in all honesty, not better than rapid regen at all which hits more targets and doesnt hurt yourself lol

Its an awful heal, an awful idea and needs to be completely removed from the game period
  • jlmurra2
    jlmurra2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES
    I voted yes because I'm sure some people playing Nightblades are using that skill. I personally have never used it.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    ascan7 wrote: »
    Why all the no votes?
    DON'T CHANGE THIS SKILL BECAUSE OF POOR THOUGHT FEEDBACK
    IF YOU ARE NOT A HEALER DON'T HATE THIS SKILL

After the update the skill is good. Very good. A big heal, smart target, even bigger than BOL. The health cost is negligible thanks to NB hots. It can also give you minor mending. It's an amazing skill for NB healers, don't take that away

My NB is a healer and she has no need for that skill. She does, however, miss Malefic Wreath and would like to have it back.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    exeeter702 wrote: »
    well I dont know how people can even think about using this..which will also work only on magblade as its stupidly scaling from magica while costing just health lol

and missing old agony which was used on both stam and magnb and it was really nice tool for range

If you have never used it, then ofc you wouldnt be able to think about using it.

if I never used it then from where I know and Im convincend its only magica scaling ignoring stamina?

+ also cant heal myself with it and ofc health cost isnt reduced by battlespirit because its jsut cost for this skill...still making this ability *** on pvp where especially stamblade dont have access to many healing skills

EDIT: and still prefer old agony as it always have even jsut utility uses even while you are running away and someone is catching you with ranged skills, the you was able to use agony on him and more chance to run away
    Edited by Edziu on June 12, 2018 5:58PM
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    ascan7 wrote: »
    Why all the no votes?
    DON'T CHANGE THIS SKILL BECAUSE OF POOR THOUGHT FEEDBACK
    I don't think that's the purpose of the poll. It looks like there's a curiosity to see if any NBs use it.

Clearly, there are, but only if they're playing healers.

I tried the skill, but given how poor the trade-off is without additional recoup, it's a worthless skill if you're *not* a healer.

Vigor. The only healing spell a NB needs.

• exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    YES

if I never used it then from where I know and Im convincend its only magica scaling ignoring stamina?

+ also cant heal myself with it and ofc health cost isnt reduced by battlespirit because its jsut cost for this skill...still making this ability *** on pvp where especially stamblade dont have access to many healing skills

EDIT: and still prefer old agony as it always have even jsut utility uses even while you are running away and someone is catching you with ranged skills, the you was able to use agony on him and more chance to run away

Its not for stamblades, what dont you understand about that. This isnt a self sustain skill. It is a skill that heals an ally for an insane amount with a negligible health cost when used skillfully.

Also if you used the skill on a nb that would benefit from it, you would understand how disgustingly OP it would be if it self casted.

The old agony objectively trash.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I miss Agony. Specifically, Malefic Wreath. I'm still very annoyed at ZOS for taking away something from players that wasn't over-performing. It was such a whimsical change.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    YES
    mb10 wrote: »

Its not a question about asking NBs its about asking end game and experienced NBs in PvE and PvP and no one at the end game is using this skill.

Casting it on 4 targets will cause over 2k health dmg to the caster a second for 8 seconds straight which cannot be cleansed.
    The HoT is okay but in all honesty, not better than rapid regen at all which hits more targets and doesnt hurt yourself lol

Its an awful heal, an awful idea and needs to be completely removed from the game period
    this is hilarious......

• brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    If it could be self casted then maybe it would be more useful. Aside from that, I'll never slot it.
  • Sarjako
    Sarjako
    ✭✭✭
    YES
    mb10 wrote: »

You really should go in and read the skill description.
    XBX1 NA
    Healplar / StamDK-Tank / Stamblade / Magblade
    CP 810
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

Its not for stamblades, what dont you understand about that. This isnt a self sustain skill. It is a skill that heals an ally for an insane amount with a negligible health cost when used skillfully.

Also if you used the skill on a nb that would benefit from it, you would understand how disgustingly OP it would be if it self casted.

well, before this change nb was able to heal others and this skill working only on single player sacrifacing caster's health is just trash...I dont see anyone using this skill in harder content
    it can be fine maybe in just pug runs while this nb have much more exp and better gear to be able sacrifacing his own health....

and especially on pvp this is the worst heal ever! lol, who on pvp will use it even in zerg...heal for single person in zerg, just lol
    on smallscale its to high risk to use it

and old agony I know..wasnt the best but it had many uses and it could be useful on any build as just for utility, now we have something not worth for any true content or even pvp
  • jypcy
    jypcy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually one of my favorite skills in the game rn. It’s insane on a nb tank where a single cast of dark cloak easily mitigates even an 8-stacked cost. Even really tanky tanks can be tossing out these smart, 10k heals for virtually free.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    YES
    If it could be self casted then maybe it would be more useful. Aside from that, I'll never slot it.

If it was self castable it would be broken. Using it for a matter of minutes will make this very clear to you.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    YES

well, before this change nb was able to heal others and this skill working only on single player sacrifacing caster's health is just trash...I dont see anyone using this skill in harder content
    it can be fine maybe in just pug runs while this nb have much more exp and better gear to be able sacrifacing his own health....

and especially on pvp this is the worst heal ever! lol, who on pvp will use it even in zerg...heal for single person in zerg, just lol

and old agony I know..wasnt the best but it had many uses and it could be useful on any build as just for utility, now we have something not worth for any true content or even pvp

Im sorry but its evident that you do not know what you are talking about and are speaking purely on assumptions. The skill is VERY strong in pvp. You speak of risk yet you dont have the first clue as to the actual risks and the payoff that this heal produces. The risks are marginal unless you are terrible and irresponsible.

In pve the health cost is completely negated, and recently helped me heal 2 vet hm trials. And a heal that crits in no cp for 12k, heals through los, ignores elevation and is instant cast? Lol.... come on man at least inform yourself.
    Edited by exeeter702 on June 12, 2018 7:47PM
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    YES
    DenMoria wrote: »
    May I ask what the point of a NB "Healer" is? Aren't NB, by definition, selfish killers? That seems like kind of the point. I'm not sure if I could even justify a RP as a NB "Healer".
    Nox_Noir wrote: »
    Really love this new reworked skill on my NB healer!

Nightblades are good for keeping up extra HoTs and mixing additional dps into the group while healing. Three of their class healing abilities deal damage while they provide healing. They also have good sustain.
    Edited by srfrogg23 on June 12, 2018 9:16PM
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    YES
    Just for lolz I checked how many casts of this ability I could use before I'd die to it without Heals. It took 9 casts on my 17k Health Argonian NB and the 1st cast was already falling off by the time I died to it.

Assuming I'd never really need to cast the ability that many times in quick secession without the rest of my HoTs being up, I can't imagine ever dying to this skill, even in raid scenarios because fights are all pretty scripted and only if someone f***s up royally would it ever be a problem (but that's pretty true of any massive screw up and you can't heal stupid unfortunately).
    Argonian forever
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

Im sorry but its evident that you do not know what you are talking about and are speaking purely on assumptions. The skill is VERY strong in pvp. You speak of risk yet you dont have the first clue as to the actual risks and the payoff that this heal produces. The risks are marginal unless you are terrible and irresponsible.

In pve the health cost is completely negated, and recently helped me heal 2 vet hm trials. And a heal that crits in no cp for 12k, heals through los, ignores elevation and is instant cast? Lol.... come on man at least inform yourself.

ehh..maybe Im informed or not...but as for me like for many people its still was bad change with atleast taking away our agony

tbh any true endgame like for the best scores dont take other tanks than dk and maybe warden as offtank like nobody will take other classes than templar or warden for healing this content so not much people will whine about revert back to our old agony as at all we had before and still people prefering old agony even if its only for pvp and this is showing still more people will do pvp than healing in any enviorment with this skill

here maybe Im ignorant wanting to back old egony even if its "good" heal as you writing but here we go to same place, you are being ignorant about info how usefull this cc was for just pvp and we even dont know why ZOS entirely changed to much much different skill instead of jsut some rework/buff when people whined how weak agony

you can see this just by seeing how people whine to get back old agony instead of this malevolent even when agony was in "weak skill state" but people more prefered this isntead of this heal
  • OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I cant justify using it since its requires a highlighted target, where as all other heals are either smart or AoE.
    In the time it takes me to find my desired target, wait for the highlight to appear and then mash the button, said target could have already been healed by any one of any other healing spells.

I suggest they make it an AoE heal thats centered around the caster.
    If no other player is in the range of the cast, then it defaults to the caster.
    If more than one player is in the range of the cast, it defaults to the closest.

Only other option(s) would be to make it a smart heal (most "Smart" heals are really dumb and RNG prone anyway...) or a GTAoE.
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I say no but I only play three nightblades (stam and mag, pve and pvp, dps and tank and heals) so who knows: maybe if I played a fourth?

No, of course not.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    YES

ehh..maybe Im informed or not...but as for me like for many people its still was bad change with atleast taking away our agony

tbh any true endgame like for the best scores dont take other tanks than dk and maybe warden as offtank like nobody will take other classes than templar or warden for healing this content so not much people will whine about revert back to our old agony as at all we had before and still people prefering old agony even if its only for pvp and this is showing still more people will do pvp than healing in any enviorment with this skill

here maybe Im ignorant wanting to back old egony even if its "good" heal as you writing but here we go to same place, you are being ignorant about info how usefull this cc was for just pvp and we even dont know why ZOS entirely changed to much much different skill instead of jsut some rework/buff when people whined how weak agony

you can see this just by seeing how people whine to get back old agony instead of this malevolent even when agony was in "weak skill state" but people more prefered this isntead of this heal

But this isnt a discussion on what qualifies for healers in an end ae meta group. You claimed in true end game, the skill is useless. Which is false for both pve and pvp. It has nothing to do with whether or not a NB will ever overtake a templar in the healer role. The original agony infinitely more usleless for the sole purpose that it broke on damage, provided a negligible dot, and often was disadvantageous to use because unlike other stuns, there was little return on granting cc immunity with agony often without forcing them to cc break. Meteor agony was really the only time you saw it beyond some silly dismounting novelty use. It was widely unused, and the devs knew why.

I know exactly how "good" agony was. And it often was not good enough to justify a slot on the bar for what it provided.

Im going to repeat this one last time for you. Offering is a massive burst heal that does not eat your magicka pool. It crits for 12k in no cp, and most healer magblades, myself included can EASILY manage up to 5 stacks of the health cost dot in pvp. It is exceptional and i have found myself carrying bgs and small scale group pvp with it as an addition to my healing loadout.
    OmniDo wrote: »
    I cant justify using it since its requires a highlighted target, where as all other heals are either smart or AoE.
    In the time it takes me to find my desired target, wait for the highlight to appear and then mash the button, said target could have already been healed by any one of any other healing spells.

I suggest they make it an AoE heal thats centered around the caster.
    If no other player is in the range of the cast, then it defaults to the caster.
    If more than one player is in the range of the cast, it defaults to the closest.

Only other option(s) would be to make it a smart heal (most "Smart" heals are really dumb and RNG prone anyway...) or a GTAoE.

Again, more misinformation from people who do not use the skill. It is no longer targeted. It is a 180 conal smart heal that heals for more than any other single target heal in the game and gives the casterminor mending. It goes through walls and los and ignores elevation limitations. Its health price is easily managed. If it could self heal, it would make argonian healblades nigh immortal in no cp environments. Making it pbaoe with its current values would be absolutely broken.
    Edited by exeeter702 on June 12, 2018 11:42PM
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    @exeeter702
    and then tell me why the hell stamblades cant have this heal as its cost from same resource which you have always same/similiar on different builds?
    it cost healh so why it have scaling only from magica and magica crit? why stamblade cant get it also? as you saying how beautiful is this heall then why even for pve stamblade cant have it?

and what you mention about bad side agony this is why people whined on this as its weak but if you have seen many threads even after 1st day of change you could see how people started whining to get back this agony even if that was weak
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    I liked it before it was a smart heal. I used to be able to cast it on myself if i didnt aim at anyone which came in handy if i had a ton of HoTs already active. Basically was a free heal amd minor mending. Was gonna make a uniqie stamblade build with it but now it sucks.
    PS4 NA DC
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    YES
    @exeeter702
    and then tell me why the hell stamblades cant have this heal as its cost from same resource which you have always same/similiar on different builds?
    it cost healh so why it have scaling only from magica and magica crit? why stamblade cant get it also? as you saying how beautiful is this heall then why even for pve stamblade cant have it?

and what you mention about bad side agony this is why people whined on this as its weak but if you have seen many threads even after 1st day of change you could see how people started whining to get back this agony even if that was weak

To your first point, offering was converted to help nb healers in the emergency heal department. It is a tool for healers, whom of which naturally scale off of magicka and SP. It is very strong, the devs understand this. They want the heal to be rewarding for those that build a the nb to heal. Its not supposed to be a universal pocket heal for all nbs stam and mag. It is entriely selflesss specifically for this reason. It is not made for stamblades just the same as bol or matriarch isnt made for stam sorcs or stamplars. Offering costing health is a dynamic gameplay decision (and a great one at that) to reward smart play and promote risk vs reward, something that often is absent in class mechanics now. You are getting to hung up on it costing health and assuming it should scale off of health(?).. idk. The devs can tune and scale a skill however they want.

And whether or not you had personal value for agony is irrelevant. The truth is agony was a legacy skill designed for a very different eso. Its archetype stun did not fit into the game as it was originally designed for and as a result its use was fundemntally limited. I say this with absolute confidence - offering now brings more to nbs and to class role diversity then any utility agony ever provided nbs.
    Edited by exeeter702 on June 13, 2018 12:26AM
  • NightAngel690
    NightAngel690
    ✭✭✭
    YES
    It does okay on a Nb healer. Just Vigor up, throw down the resto AoE, then start healing others and yourself. I use it on my magblade just because I’m still only level 23 on it and can barely scatch people. I know a guy who’s a full on nb healer though but I’m not sure if he runs it.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting topic,

I also bought this up in Healer's discord.

https://discord.gg/TfjSbu9
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It does okay on a Nb healer. Just Vigor up, throw down the resto AoE, then start healing others and yourself. I use it on my magblade just because I’m still only level 23 on it and can barely scatch people. I know a guy who’s a full on nb healer though but I’m not sure if he runs it.

Why do you say it only does okay?
  • Osubaker33
    Osubaker33
    ✭✭✭
    YES
    THIS IS A PVE SKILL (Of course it sucks in pvp)

On my PVE NB healer this skill is amazing. It heals for 18k and crit heals for 32k. Far bigger heal than my templar can put out with breath of life. I also dont have to worry as much about my magica because it uses my health. And as others have said I easily out heal the damage over time from using this skill.

Any poll on these forums is going to be skewed because PVP'ers post on the forums in FAR FAR higher percentages than the PVE'ers do.

For the record I PVE and PVP about equally.
    Edited by Osubaker33 on June 13, 2018 2:00AM