Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are there any Night Blade using Malevolent Offering or any of its Morphs?

Johngo0036
Johngo0036
✭✭✭✭✭
This recently introduces skill on the NB Siphoning tree which costs health to heal another
PC EU Megaserver
@Johngo0036
CP900+
Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

Are there any Night Blade using Malevolent Offering or any of its Morphs? 175 votes

YES
22%
Iruil_ESOValvezsetnerzb16_ESO2inf.toniceb17_ESOVaxtinTheWolfsrfrogg23GTech_1actoshdsalterfeyiiSolaceTydeXuhoraAesthierNightAngel690Imhotep71efsterexeeter702Dracan_FontomKadoinSilver_Strider 39 votes
No
77%
WatchYourSixxvailjohn_ESOLegacyDMarkansas_ESOkendellking_chaosb14_ESOPlagueSDSkuaSpringt-Über-ZwergeJackFourthBam_BamYakidafiSimen.askeland89b16_ESOKnootewootAuriellethestud2012makrethkuromori303technohicKaaldeinczar 136 votes
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Why would i sacrifice myself while others can heal themselves better with existing skills and have better protection then my light armor. No, instead i should be able to steal health from friendly players.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Aesthier
    Aesthier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES
    I know of at least one but he is healblade.
  • Auricle
    Auricle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I tried, I really tried. But honestly, this skill needs a serious overhaul. Scratch it and start over.
  • TempPlayer
    TempPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a healblade so I had it slotted but hardly use it. Refreshing path and funnel health is more than enough for normal dung.
  • Neyane
    Neyane
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    The other heals are better. Also why does zos keep putting in skills that costs health? It’s stupid.
    The most important thing in life is enjoying yourself.
    810+, love trials and dungeons, achievement hunter ♥
    Stormproof on 9 characters and more to come~ Flawless on MagSorc & MagPlar ♥
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    It was a niche skill when it was used for self healing and I used it quite a bit, but since the self heal has been taken away and you can now access 'Mend Wounds' from the Psijic Skill line, it has become completely useless. Why would I sacrifice my own health to heal another player, when I can cast a Healing Ward (which saves low health players very well) or use literally any other Resto Staff skill?

I think the Refreshing Path was nerfed for the sake of this skill in hope that people would use this 'original' mechanic but the truth is, only a tank could really use this skill effectively and certainly not in PvP environment.

It's great that we are gearing towards 'Any class - any role' but at the cost of what? Taking away class flavour?

I think the skill should have remained unchanged, even better. It should be just a regular HoT costing magica and maybe sapping the health of the nearest enemy player / creature. MagBlade has it's unique Blood Magic flavour and that should have been expanded on, not homogenised for the sake of balance.
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    DP
    Edited by red_emu on June 12, 2018 8:42AM
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • KeiruNicrom
    KeiruNicrom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES
    Yis i make random peoples glow :p
  • lardvader
    lardvader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I might on my tank. Haven't looked at him yet after Summerset got out.
    CP 1200+ PC EU EP
  • Ladislao
    Ladislao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I used it quite actively until the last rework (when it was a HoT). But now it's too difficult for me to monitor its hp spending. At first you think that you are safe, and after a couple of casts you already barely outheal the cost DoTs (which are scaled with your heal power).

Earlier it was better and more convenient :/
    Edited by Ladislao on June 12, 2018 11:03AM
    Everything is viable
  • Dracan_Fontom
    Dracan_Fontom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES
    I have been using it since.the rework. Helped a lot when I was healing in nCR with my nb Healer. It's nice to have a BoL type burst heal. The DoT is also overshadowed by other HoTs you can apply to yourself and only get dangerous whem you have to spam it repeatedly and have 6 or 7 bleeds on you from it.
    Edited by Dracan_Fontom on June 12, 2018 10:58AM
  • redshirt_49
    redshirt_49
    ✭✭✭✭
    YES
    It's nice to have on an NB Healer.
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    YES
    It's actually really strong for PvE healers, for everything else it's pretty useless I guess.
    Edited by FakeFox on June 12, 2018 11:08AM
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    only if I want to die fast
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • VaxtinTheWolf
    VaxtinTheWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES
    It's not really meant for PvP, at least that's what I believe. I've tried it on both my tank and Healer Nightblade alts. On my Tank, the 2-3k health cost as a dot is nothing, who can mash that button to no end then use Dark Cloak to restore any missing health and function as an off healer for veteran dungeons. The Healer can't spam it, but has found situational use out of it when the group is spread apart, like in Banished Cells 2 at the final boss. Sometimes can be chaotic and it's very nice to heal an ally from 15% to 90% on a crit from 28m away in one button push.

I've used the skill occasionally since it was first changed into a HoT that worked as a self heal as a Tank, and still at times even though this is currently an ally only burst heal. It fits their theme design of the Nightblade. Some Sacrifice or give to gain ideal. Damage enemy to provide ally vitality(Funnel Health). Damage enemy and heal allies(Refreshing path, Sap Essence). And now inflicting pain upon yourself to recover ally vitality(Malevolent Offering). Lastly, Sacrificing my Sanity to have played this class as Tank and Healer since launch over the years.
    || AD - Rah'Jiin Lv50 Khajiit Nightblade (Damage) || EP - Generic Argonian Lv50 Argonian Nightblade (Tank) || DC - Zinkotsu Lv50 Breton Nightblade (Healer) ||
    || DC - Ja'Kiro Feral-Heart Lv50 Khajiit Dragonknight (Damage) || EP - VaxtinTheWolf Lv50 Redguard Templar (Tank) || AD - Velik Iranis Lv50 Dark Elf Sorcerer (Tank ) ||
    || EP - Einvarg The Frozen Lv50 Nord Warden (Tank/Healer) || EP - Keem-Ja Lv4 Argonian Necromancer (Healer/Tank) ||
    PC - North American Server (Champion 1300+)
  • efster
    efster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES
    Literally all you have to do is cast Refreshing Path and it mitigates the dot from this 1 to 1 (one cast). I can see my tank's health drop, turn in that direction, Offering, Path (or Funnel), and see my tank back to full health while my health bar barely twitches. If I add more HOTs I can even cast it more than once if things are hairy for the group! It is obviously not meant to be a spammable but it's a great "oh ****" heal for a class with a zillion sources of HoTs that hit both you and the group.

I think I'll go make a poll to ask magsorc DDs if they use Encase in their PVE rotations. :trollface:
    AD is the best looking faction. I don't make the rules, I just enforce them.
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    YES
    I can outheal the DoT this put on you pretty easily with HoTs along that I have gone up to 5 cast of Malevolent without it affecting my Health in the slightest and for the amount it heals for, it's essentially a BoL on steroids since it's practically free to cast.
    Argonian forever
  • ascan7
    ascan7
    ✭✭✭
    YES
    Why all the no votes?
    DON'T CHANGE THIS SKILL BECAUSE OF POOR THOUGHT FEEDBACK
    IF YOU ARE NOT A HEALER DON'T HATE THIS SKILL

After the update the skill is good. Very good. A big heal, smart target, even bigger than BOL. The health cost is negligible thanks to NB hots. It can also give you minor mending. It's an amazing skill for NB healers, don't take that away
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Only if you are a designated healer at range and even then bloody snipe spam will kill you
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    dont hate on this poll,
    I am trying to figure out who uses it, if anyone,

22% so far using it is more than i anticipated..
    Thanks for giving us the reasons you use it or how you use i.
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• Sarjako
    Sarjako
    ✭✭✭
    YES
    Yes, you can. I personally use it for a self-heal in PVP in conjunction with mutagen/rapid-regen. It provides the Major Mending buff
    XBX1 NA
    Healplar / StamDK-Tank / Stamblade / Magblade
    CP 810
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    YES
    Malevolent offering is absolutely insane. Those that vote no have no idea what they are talking about.

If you are not a healer pvp or pve, do not use this skill. In pvp no cp it crits for 12k, can be cast through walls from any elevation and will easily save someones life with a few casts in combination with Nb hots.

The health cost is actually fairly negligible, generally a healer nb can manage up to 4 stacks in pvp, and in pve it is entriely a non factor.

This skill is "build enabler" tier now. It is VERY strong, and only scoffed at by ignorant players.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    YES
    red_emu wrote: »
    It was a niche skill when it was used for self healing and I used it quite a bit, but since the self heal has been taken away and you can now access 'Mend Wounds' from the Psijic Skill line, it has become completely useless. Why would I sacrifice my own health to heal another player, when I can cast a Healing Ward (which saves low health players very well) or use literally any other Resto Staff skill?

I think the Refreshing Path was nerfed for the sake of this skill in hope that people would use this 'original' mechanic but the truth is, only a tank could really use this skill effectively and certainly not in PvP environment.

It's great that we are gearing towards 'Any class - any role' but at the cost of what? Taking away class flavour?

I think the skill should have remained unchanged, even better. It should be just a regular HoT costing magica and maybe sapping the health of the nearest enemy player / creature. MagBlade has it's unique Blood Magic flavour and that should have been expanded on, not homogenised for the sake of balance.

You have clearly never used the skill.
  • Nox_Noir
    Nox_Noir
    ✭✭✭✭
    YES
    Really love this new reworked skill on my NB healer!
  • Valve
    Valve
    ✭✭✭✭
    YES
    I use it to kill myself for fun.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyerx4
    Flawless Conqueror all Classes
    3rd Anniversary!
    Guar Squad
  • Claudman
    Claudman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES
    I use it on my Argonian Mageblade Healer, Enshei-Mal. The heal output is a welcome addition ontop of your HoTs (Mutagen/Rapid Regen, Funnel Health, Healing Springs, Refreshing Path). I can see why it proves virtually useless on DPS builds though, seeing that DPS builds don't necessarily require the teammate healing mechanic on it.
    Also, since you're a healing, you'll be outhealing the damage done to you anyways. It's a nice little skill...And seeing that Magplar took quite a hit since the last patch, I think I'll be playing with my bloodmage lizard or tree-hugging elf Magden healer.
    Edited by Claudman on June 12, 2018 4:06PM
    Welcome, Moon-and-Star, to this place where destiny is made.

I play healers or DPS often for vet dungeons and trials (NA, CP810+). I play mostly elves or Argonians.
    I primarily play Damage-Based stuff in PvP, but occasionally I'll play something tanky or got the heals.
    I also love gaining more knowledge both metaphysical and mundane regarding TES lore.

I also occasionally role-play, but I prefer playing the game.
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    May I ask what the point of a NB "Healer" is? Aren't NB, by definition, selfish killers? That seems like kind of the point. I'm not sure if I could even justify a RP as a NB "Healer".
    Nox_Noir wrote: »

• Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    well I dont know how people can even think about using this..which will also work only on magblade as its stupidly scaling from magica while costing just health lol

and missing old agony which was used on both stam and magnb and it was really nice tool for range
  • Imhotep71
    Imhotep71
    ✭✭✭
    YES
    DenMoria wrote: »
    May I ask what the point of a NB "Healer" is? Aren't NB, by definition, selfish killers? That seems like kind of the point. I'm not sure if I could even justify a RP as a NB "Healer".
    Nox_Noir wrote: »

... well there are probably more people that dont rp than do and NBs are solid healers. As far as the poll its a solid spell with a negligible cost, I wouldnt spam it but for a burst its good to go.
    Ever dance with the Devil in the pale moonlight?