The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Food Health Scaling Bug

laksikus
laksikus
✭✭✭✭✭
I just noticed that food health can bug out sometimes. And its a pretty big bug aswell

In the middle of the bug stand 2 food /drink buffs.
orzorga.png2statfood.png

My base health wihtout food is 11.332 health with 5+1+1 armor and mettle + heavy armor passive. Thats normal and totally fine.
mettle gives 6% and heavy armor 2%, so 8% in total

2 stat food should add 5.395 * 1,08 = 5.826 health
max health/regen drink should add 5000*1,08 =5.400 health

So with 2stat food i should have 17.158 health
and with the drink 16.732 health

The problem occured that I somehow got less health than i should have had after eating max health/max mag food before going into a trial.
It was only 16.732 with the 2stat food.

buggedhealthmag.png
as you can see in the right corner, its 2stat food

that was the first strange thing i noticed, after that i used the max health/mag regen drink
normalhealthregen.png
as you can see same health, so the 2stat food was bugged at that moment

So i asked in guilds and compared my stats the the stats of another nb, he told me he has 17.585 health.
So i tried a few different things: relogging, restarting the game, changing food to max health/stam, using another max health/mag food, unequipping gear and so on. Nothing worked.
Then during my talk for the guy i compared the stats with, my stats suddenly "fixed" itself. I suddenly had the same 17.585 health as him.

normalhealthmag.png

I tried to reproduce the bug for some time and couldnt quite make it. Then i noticed something else. Why did i get more health from the food than i shoul. I should only have 17.158 health with the food, but somehow I had 17.585 health. Somehow the food gave me unbuffed 5790 health instead of 5395.

Then i respeced again, unequipped everything, equipped and skilled everything again, and did the same bar setup as before, and suddenly my stats changed again
healthunbugged.png
This health actually matched the health I got when doing the math for health. So i can only assume its the right amount of health, and as you can see not only did the health change, but the max magicka changed aswell. So something seriously is broken about 2 stat foods atm.

Now comes the best part.
I didnt think much by it. I didnt change anything on my gear/skill setup. I just changed food to drink, and drink to food, to confirm that my health is as it should be. And I couldnt believe my eyes.
Suddenly my health went from 17.159 to 16.732 to 17.585.

This time i remembered to record it with shadowplay.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHutEA6DOLY&feature=youtu.be

I seriously dont know what triggeres the food to bug. But that its bugged is clear. And 2 different bugs even. One gives you the same health as the drink (so less health than you should have) and the other gives you more health than you should have.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • AlexTheLion
    AlexTheLion
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I enouncter this bug everyday since the new patch. For example my food ran out during PvP the other night and I had to eat the same consumable 40 times before it gave my my stats. Which means I lost out on 80 hours worth of food..
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you try disabling AUI add-on and attempt to reproduce the issue, @laksikus?
  • WatchYourSixx
    WatchYourSixx
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've had this same issue. It's really noticable on my NB due to my dark vigor passive health for having shadow ability slotted. If I eat my food on my front bar, my health is like 17,700. If I eat my food on my back bar and swap back to the front bar my health is now only 16600. My friend did the same test and reported the exact opposite, same bar set up, same passives, instead they gained health on the backbar and lost health on the front. My mag DK before patch had about 18.2k health, and now he always has 19.1k. same buffs, same passives. It's truly weird.
    The only thing to fear is, fear itself. - FDR

CP 800
    PC NA

- Maximus the Marksman (AD) Temp
    - Rex the Unstoppable Force (DC) DK
    - Sodor Dragonfire (DC) DK
    - Masha'Dar Shadow-Paw (DC) NB
    - Magnus the Mage (DC) Sorc
  • DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER
    DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    try to eat your food on different bars, i heard it gets affected by that
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah i'm getting this bug on my nightblade as well, i noticed it after i respecced my stats and skill (because they were cheap.)

Before i respecced i never had this issue..
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    try to eat your food on different bars, i heard it gets affected by that

Yes. I found that out later aswell.

For everyone tgat has the same Bug. Apperently the food stats change when you take it on different weapons.
    I got the right values from taking food without a weapon.
    I got more stats when eating with MD and master destro.
    But i couldnt reproduce getting less stats last night, but i was tired, maybe ill try again today
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also has this. Took clockwork citrus fillet prior to BGs had 855ish health recovery. Came out of BGs, wearing all the same sets etc, had about 1055 health records.
  • coletas
    coletas
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have the same bug constantly :(