The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What if the banned account was a throwaway alt?

Cryptical
Cryptical
✭✭✭✭✭
@ZOS_GinaBruno
Basically, the title.

I don’t know them personally, but I know of a person who created an alt account and used that to do the vet asylumn exploit. They expected to get punished, and apparently successfully shifting their gains off of the alt before the ban hammer came down. And are unscathed on their main account.

What happens in that situation?
Xbox NA
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's been PS4 players who were banned after a particular incident in Craglorn last year who bragged on YouTube that they bought another account to bypass their ban.

So anything's possible.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    considering that they spent at least $40 on that throwaway account, that they will have no acess to again...
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cadbury, I heard about that incident.

On this case, the person is on Xbox, so there was no extra money spent.
    Xbox NA
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cryptical wrote: »

I was under impression that only base game can be shared via hard disk? expansions are digital and don't unlock for side accounts. or did i misunderstand.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cadbury wrote: »
    There's been PS4 players who were banned after a particular incident in Craglorn last year who bragged on YouTube that they bought another account to bypass their ban.

So anything's possible.

almost every player i know whos been banned has a new account on ps4 na.
    PS4 NA DC
  • Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »

I was under impression that only base game can be shared via hard disk? expansions are digital and don't unlock for side accounts. or did i misunderstand.

Oh, you meant crowns for the dlc. Those are gone, sure. I haven’t played around with side accounts, so that’s my understanding as well.
    Edited by Cryptical on May 31, 2018 4:46PM
    Xbox NA
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    They expected to get punished, and apparently successfully shifting their gains off of the alt before the ban hammer came down.
    Every transaction in this game leaves a trail. When ZoS said they're investigating, this means they're going to look deeply into those transactions.

These idiots are too stupid to think they aren't going to get caught in a game which IDs everything within it.

Except Makko runestones. Those are special.

• Eyro
    Eyro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Violynne wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    They expected to get punished, and apparently successfully shifting their gains off of the alt before the ban hammer came down.
    Every transaction in this game leaves a trail. When ZoS said they're investigating, this means they're going to look deeply into those transactions.

These idiots are too stupid to think they aren't going to get caught in a game which IDs everything within it.

Except Makko runestones. Those are special.

It means they COULD look deeply into that stuff. But if it is true and these players are back in the game, it means they did not.
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eyro wrote: »
    It means they COULD look deeply into that stuff. But if it is true and these players are back in the game, it means they did not.
    From Gina's post:
    It's worth noting that we will perform an additional audit between now and June 5 for any additional accounts to use this exploit, and we will action those accounts as necessary.

Today is not June 5th.

• AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So anything's possible.

You should get new friends.
    PC-NA Goat
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Making new accounts on console is super duper easy.

I have ... Many
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they get banned.....and maybe the audit catches them and bans more.

Not sure this is even worth worrying about
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Pink_Violinz
    Pink_Violinz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So anything's possible.

A lot from the Craglorn incident quit, minus a few. Either bought accounts or regrinded. The 10 from the original vAS ban are all still playing today, with accounts they had to grind themselves.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh, you meant crowns for the dlc. Those are gone, sure. I haven’t played around with side accounts, so that’s my understanding as well.

I actualy mean cold hard cash for summerset since exploit was specifically for cloudrest and you need summerset for that.

nonetheless.. i guess it depends on how thorough ZoS plans on being, and just how much cheaters covered their tracks. i mean... IP is still going to be the same yes? unless they use VPN and whatnot.

it seems like so much effort for what exactly.. some gold?
    dirty worthless casual.
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a chance that they will do a console ban meaning you need a new xbox if you want to play still. I don't know microsoft's policy on online cheating but ZoS might submit their list of exploiters for them to take action as well.
  • Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I actualy mean cold hard cash for summerset since exploit was specifically for cloudrest and you need summerset for that.

nonetheless.. i guess it depends on how thorough ZoS plans on being, and just how much cheaters covered their tracks. i mean... IP is still going to be the same yes? unless they use VPN and whatnot.

You are mistaken. This recent action was taken regarding an asylum sanctorium exploit - the mini trial in clockwork city.
    Xbox NA
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Phage wrote: »

So anything's possible.

You should get new friends.

For whatever reason, that post made me burst out laughing at work like a maniac
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You are mistaken. This recent action was taken regarding an asylum sanctorium exploit - the mini trial in clockwork city.

ah, my bad. still had to spend some cash, but not as much as suppose. still don't get how its worth the trouble and the cash investment...
    dirty worthless casual.
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Making new accounts on console is super duper easy.

I have ... Many

unless thiese guys reciev IP and host bans.
    Besieds ZOs technological backrgound is so modren that tehy can basicly even triangle the banend users location (if neccecary) so they can ban thsoe palyers again. It is not a rocket sienece. Even Blizzard can do that.
    GM Of The Lusty Argonian ERP
    GM Of THe Alessia Dynasty PVP Guild
    GM Of The Guardians Of MiddleEarth
    My Smiling Emperor Profile Picture: https://ibb.co/bsOM6n
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭

em noo not for gold, for real money mostly. The internet is full of these kind of services.
    GM Of The Lusty Argonian ERP
    GM Of THe Alessia Dynasty PVP Guild
    GM Of The Guardians Of MiddleEarth
    My Smiling Emperor Profile Picture: https://ibb.co/bsOM6n
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Follow the gold.
  • MythrialDrow
    MythrialDrow
    ✭✭✭
    Shame .... don’t exploit. Good ZOS.