The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

MonsterSet for Frost MagWarden DD PvE

Gargath
Gargath
✭✭✭✭✭
Any idea what's the best damage Monster Set for this build (based on Cold aoe damage and Frost/Resto Staff) without bear?
Looks like an Iceheart is the only one dealing cold damage, but not a best choice due to damage shield taking some of the power effect.
Was thinking on Valkyn Skoria instead, due to aoe based damage (ideal choice) but dealing flame so meeh I want pure Frost :).

Why there is only single set doing cold damage? Flame has probably 6 monster sets, same with physical...
PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gargath wrote: »

Why there is only single set doing cold damage? Flame has probably 6 monster sets, same with physical...

Because ZOS is obsessed with the idea that ice/cold is for tanking, not damage.
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    To answer your question about which monster set to use, you could try Slimecraw (unless you have a healer who constantly gives you minor berserk, or are dead set on using Bird of Prey buff).
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slimecraw seems a versatile choice, thanks.

As for the Frost Warden, ZOS made it pretty good, with Winter's Revenge as basic spell. Cold damage build is already doing good in my opinion, just needs more love on Monster set. Probably they don't want the cold to be too powerful among other elements, especially that it makes a cool AOE immobilization effect so often, when using frost charged staff on warden.
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."