The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Rune focus vs Immovable for PvE tanking

Kuwhar
Kuwhar
✭✭✭✭
Can anyone tell me, if with either buff I'm able to hit the 33k resistance cap, am I better off using immovable because 30sec duration (with morph and passives) instead of rune focus? Immovable lets me move around which for a lot of fights I need to do.

However the +8% mitigation on rune focus; does that stack on top of the mitigation cap? Or if i'm at cap is that 8% wasted?

Anyone have their preferences and can detail why?
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 8% stacks. Rune would probably be better so you can use magika for it instead of using stamina that you need for blocking.
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This isn't really a question that can be answered with a clear winner.
    If you are required to move around a lot and won't realistically be able to maintain standing in the Rune to refresh the buff consistently, Immovable is better. In any situation where movement is not a high priority, Rune Focus is better.

I like Rune Focus just because it makes Ice Staff Tanking a really decent option for Templar and doesn't eat away at your stamina, which is a huge benefit to a Templar Tank IMO. However, I won't lie and say that Immovable hasn't had plenty of chances to shine either, such as stopping myself from being stunned while rezzing someone in a dungeons (I legit will always slot immovable in Lord Warden just to avoid getting stunned by meteors because I have yet to meet a PUG that does not die in that fight and the stun meteors make rezzing a chore)
    Argonian forever
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well you can immovable and meditate for resources....

But I am used to using rune focus for the mag return.
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Narvuntien wrote: »

I was curious about the Immovable and Meditate combo.
    Is it really impossible for mobs to interrupt you during the 5s CC-immunity?
    Or are there still some attacks that can interrupt the Meditate channel?

You gain major protection (30% dmg reduction) and you can slot Temporal Guard for minor protection (8% dmg reduction).

For some reason I want to try this on a DK health tank, although stam sustain is even easier on a Warden.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Narvuntien wrote: »

I was curious about the Immovable and Meditate combo.
    Is it really impossible for mobs to interrupt you during the 5s CC-immunity?
    Or are there still some attacks that can interrupt the Meditate channel?

You gain major protection (30% dmg reduction) and you can slot Temporal Guard for minor protection (8% dmg reduction).

For some reason I want to try this on a DK health tank, although stam sustain is even easier on a Warden.

I have used immovable extensively on my Stam dk. Trash mobs can't knock you down but bosses moves go through, unless you are blocking, Like a lot of them.
  • Kelces
    Kelces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just go with your gut, both have their use as you mentioned depending of the type of combat. Most of the time you know, which one to slot.

Take a look at your sets and think of magicka recovery and the recovery you get in the fight, if you have enough received healing bonus, you might get enough to make 8% from the rune focus not that appealing/necessary any more. I think it's only a matter of testing.

You reveal yourself best in how you play.

Kelces - Argonian Templar
    Farel Donvu - Dark Elf Sorcerer
    Navam Llervu - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Aniseth - Wood Elf Warden
    Therediel - Wood Elf Templar
    Nilonwy - Wood Elf Nightblade
    Jurupari - Argonian Warden
    Kú-Chulainn - Argonian Sorcerer
    PC - EU
    For the Pact!