The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Getting into Cyrodiil Sewers

upotheke
upotheke
Soul Shriven
I just want to say ZOS, this is the most frustrating and ridiculous process I've ever seen in the 4 years I've played this game. Guild wants to group for EP action. How do you join? Where in the entire menu do you join a campaign? 15 minutes to find "Oh, it's on a second tab of a screen! Of course!" Join. Ask to travel to leader. NOPE! Can't port to that location. Why ask? No part of how you travel around ESO is how you travel in cyrodiil. Can't port. Can't get to sewers. Oh, a dungeon, I'll port there and walk out. NOPE! Ported out of pvp and out of campaign.

Get your ux folks on this and figure out an easier way to get people into cyrodiil and you might actually have more people participate. Explain this process in your ui. Explain how to get to the sewers without an hour fight to get there.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil can be opaque and frustrating to newcomers.

For anyone interested:

On the Alliance War Tab, select Campaigns. You have your pick, but I prefer the CP campaigns for Imperial City because I found the minibosses were a pain to fight with no CP.

Once you've entered the campaign, there's a "Intro to Cyrodiil" quest. If youve never done it, I recommend it. You'll do a lot of stuff you don't need, like siege and see the scrolls, but it will also explain the transitus shrines which you do need. It will also give you enough AP to unlock the rapid Manuevers skill, helpful for riding around Cyrodiil.

Once in Cyrodiil, you can ride to the nearest sewer gate or use the transitus shrines to port to the nearest keep or outpost that's connected via transitus. The how's and whys of the transitus system is a little complex for this discussion and largely depend on the regular Cyrodiil PVP crew to be defending their home keeps. If your PVP alliance is doing a good job, you should be able to transitus fairly close to a sewer gate. If not, you'll have to ride a longer way. Ive had to ride from my back gate once, it sucked.

Once in the Imperial City, you are in your home base. From there,you can take ladders to the city districts, enter the sewers, or return to your home gate in Cyrodiil.

If this seems unecesarily confusing, there's a reason why there are a lot of topics asking for Imperial City to have its own queues.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IC is clumsy mess. If I go into the sewer entrance near Ash, I'm in my base. If I go in near Chalman, I'm in my base. If I leave my base, somehow I'm at my home gate...what?!
    There are bridges leading into the city. Please, just make IC part of the base game and fix the bridges. Finally let us travel through the heart of Cyrodiil to move around the map instead of keeping this centralized no-where-land where nothing makes any sense.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bringing IC into Cyrodiil, as the proper center of the zone that you can move through seamlessly would be a great PvP expansion. Fights on the bridges into the city would be great, fights within the city as players traverse IC to the other side of Cyrodiil would be great, and the easiest part is that IC already exists. It just exists in this ridiculous instanced zone completely disconnected from the rest of the map.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unsure quite what the rant is about. Menu system or seperating IC from Cyro or what

No you can't fast travel to a player in Cyrodiil and that's a good thing. That's the point of the linked keeps and transit system.

Agreed some find Imperial City access clunky. And it is a mismatch of the initial process (access to alliance with control) and current.

But honestly, it's not hard to select campaign. Travel to closest keep. Run to sewer entrance.

With rapids even from a gate its not that bad.

Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • OneWarlord001
    Sewers never have anybody in them. Any guilds do sewers? Would love to join one.