The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

'Friend Farming' at resources and keeps for D-Ticks. Discussion.

raviour
raviour
✭✭✭✭
OK so woop-woop people have an incentive to defend again.

But...

These scumbags that farm emperor by killing their friends at resources and keeps are in high-heaven now.

It has been going on for years but the question is... How can ZoS or us combat these exploiters ?

I stuck for ideas but wanna put the discussion out there. Maybe some genius has a solution...
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you find their farm and repeatedly kill their friends instead, you will make fantastic AP and build your collection of salty whispers. Win/win, except the nasty callouts in zone for something like two years now.
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best thing you can do is record footage of the action happening and email zos.
    I remember a couple of people getting done for kill trading a year or two ago. The question is, are they as stern as they were back then?
    The hard part is if they're being clever and not going overkill. It's easy enough to report the fools that hit 1 mil a day into the campaign.
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    If you find their farm and repeatedly kill their friends instead, you will make fantastic AP and build your collection of salty whispers. Win/win, except the nasty callouts in zone for something like two years now.

The problem is finding them in the first place since they do it in late hours and remote areas.
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I remember a couple of people getting done for kill trading a year or two ago. The question is, are they as stern as they were back then?
    The hard part is if they're being clever and not going overkill. It's easy enough to report the fools that hit 1 mil a day into the campaign.

AFAIK it's not considered an exploit. Does PvP require someone to fight back? If so I've done enough death ports to be guilty. :D If wall repairing and PvDooring the map to get emp isn't an exploit, why would this be? I think the only reason ZOS took action with the Bleakers flipping was the scale. They've certainly never addressed some of the blatant emp selling and swapping on low pop campaigns.

Ankael07 wrote: »

The problem is finding them in the first place since they do it in late hours and remote areas.

The first time I tried for emp I got a crash course in AP farming, and nearly got emp farming the farmers before I decided I'd rather have sleep. They are either 1) in a delve, because battle crosses don't show up on the map and it's easy to refresh your AP buff, or 2) at a resource, which gives double AP. They will be near a keep with easy respawn or, if very stupid, they have a forward camp up near a resource which is bound to attract attention. (Of course that requires spais.)
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still don’t understand why a level 5 resource d tick needs to have a factor of X apparently.
    Edited by Feanor on May 31, 2018 9:35AM
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭

AFAIK it's not considered an exploit. Does PvP require someone to fight back? If so I've done enough death ports to be guilty. :D If wall repairing and PvDooring the map to get emp isn't an exploit, why would this be? I think the only reason ZOS took action with the Bleakers flipping was the scale. They've certainly never addressed some of the blatant emp selling and swapping on low pop campaigns.

No they definitely got done for kill trading on a resource. Their punishment was pretty lame though.

Edit: I'm not claiming this as an exploit either, but it is exactly that which was classified as kill trading 2 years ago. Hopefully It is still considered that by zos and players will get done for it.
    Edited by ellahellabella on May 31, 2018 1:04PM
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS has already said it's an acceptable means of gaining AP so it's not an exploit. A BS way of getting emp though.
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The first time I tried for emp I got a crash course in AP farming, and nearly got emp farming the farmers before I decided I'd rather have sleep. They are either 1) in a delve, because battle crosses don't show up on the map and it's easy to refresh your AP buff, or 2) at a resource, which gives double AP. They will be near a keep with easy respawn or, if very stupid, they have a forward camp up near a resource which is bound to attract attention. (Of course that requires spais.)

The new wrinkle (that Rav is pointing out) is that farming on a resource isn't double AP anymore--it's like 10x AP.

Solo defending and getting about 4 kills can result in a 50k AP tick. That's a new level of incentive for non-V PvP.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS has already said it's an acceptable means of gaining AP so it's not an exploit. A BS way of getting emp though.

Source or I call BS on that statement.
    Edited by Qbiken on May 31, 2018 1:25PM
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ban them.
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

Source or I call BS on that statement.

If you want to search the thousands of threads over farming friends for AP to find one comment that ZOS said this is not an exploit and it's a tactic then go right ahead.
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Guys, there is only one active PvP server. All Zenimax would have to do to fix AP exploits would be to hire a few game masters to cover the full 24/7 cycle and give them the possibility to get permanent invisibility and teleportation to players. Then have them monitor the top10 of every faction and act accordingly when they see suspicious gains.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »
    Guys, there is only one active PvP server. All Zenimax would have to do to fix AP exploits would be to hire a few game masters to cover the full 24/7 cycle and give them the possibility to get permanent invisibility and teleportation to players. Then have them monitor the top10 of every faction and act accordingly when they see suspicious gains.

That's all they had to do to fix everything from exploiting AP, to cheating the game itself with CE, much less bust anyone cheating any other way. Two GM's out on the one competitive server for a few days at a time every month. Don't announce what days but insta ban accounts when caught. No one would know when, so at first many would chance it assuming they would 'slap hands' until word got out real account bans were happening. A huge portion of the problems would be solved by this one action.....even bugs their own GM's found would assist the community and cut workload (assuming they know how best to turn in the bugs and to whom)
  • Stratforge
    Stratforge
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a tough issue for me. On one hand it's clearly bogus. On the other hand, it makes the right people extremely caremad so it's impossible to tell if it's good or bad.
    PC NA
    Xbox One NA (retired)
  • Mr_Nobody
    Mr_Nobody
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Uh. I made like 600k yesterday in 7 hours solo defending dragonclaw and brindle. And i believe i actively PvPd for an hour in total.
    ~ @Niekas ~

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get video/screens of them doing it. Send to ZOS (Brian, Gina Jess in PM as well) and they should be penalised for this as it's against their rules.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly not sure if sarcasm or not.

Three platforms, two regions, multiple campaigns. That's a lot of GM work hours to sit having someone logged into the client.
    Also everything happening is logged, if people are doing this they'll be able to see it in their logs if they look.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Velocious_Curse
    Velocious_Curse
    ✭✭✭
    Farming pugs at a resource and then walking off while one friend stays for the tic isnt exploiting anything, it's like semi-boosting but not really boosting. Making 1 mil in a day isnt even hard.
    2100cp- Xbox
    MagSorc x2(1 Grand Overlord)
    Magplar x2(1 Grand Overlord)
    MagDK x2 (2 Grand Overlords)
    Magblade (Grand Overloard)
    MagDen x2
    Stamplar x2
    Stamblade x2
    StamDK
    Necro x2
    Arc
    170cp-PC
    MagSorc
    Stamplar
  • incite
    incite
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just leave dem casuals alone ok?!
    PC EU

no1 knows me, no1 cares about me but sshh, don't tell

• Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Honestly not sure if sarcasm or not.

Three platforms, two regions, multiple campaigns. That's a lot of GM work hours to sit having someone logged into the client.
    Also everything happening is logged, if people are doing this they'll be able to see it in their logs if they look.

good question...
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scatterplot ap gains over time.
    Identify outliers.
    Tag outliers.
    Follow outliers.
    Profit.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah, but...CEO's have vacation homes to buy and new sports cars. GM's cost money.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ZOS already monitors things like AP gain. They just need to look at the data they are already collecting and flag anything suspicious for investigation.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    raviour wrote: »

But...

These scumbags that farm emperor by killing their friends at resources and keeps are in high-heaven now.

It has been going on for years but the question is... How can ZoS or us combat these exploiters ?

I stuck for ideas but wanna put the discussion out there. Maybe some genius has a solution...

I'm at a loss with how they fix this. I pin most of the blame on alliance switchers and all the nefarious deeds they get up to which a lock will hopefully switch

However... This type of AP boosting is pretty hard to stop.

Honestly for me its the single biggest issue PvP has right now, boosting, flipping, cheating, switching. It ruins peoples interest in the game. It demotivates people to play properly and it corrupts other people who quickly think its the only way to go.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler tell us you have a way to track boosting boozos that we can ban like the vAS exploiters?

Quote honnestly id prefer you to fix boosting than lag at this stage.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Get video/screens of them doing it. Send to ZOS (Brian, Gina Jess in PM as well) and they should be penalised for this as it's against their rules.

You are right. They should but they don't. Or get a 3 day break.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If AP was worth something, I would be against it. But at this point AP is fairly useless and way too easy to get huge amounts of. If people want to get a pleb-emp, then be my guest. They're the ones that don't achieve anything themselves, not me :-) Been emp - played the campaign - capped emp.
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Farming pugs at a resource and then walking off while one friend stays for the tic isnt exploiting anything, it's like semi-boosting but not really boosting. Making 1 mil in a day isnt even hard.

That’s not what’s happening though apparently. There is a difference between farming PuGs and killing friends on another alliance that have agreed to this.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

This doesn't even work anymore. You still get your share of the tick if you participated in generating it, unless you can get to another superstructure and start generating a tick there before the original one goes off.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Hammy01
    Hammy01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    raviour wrote: »

But...

I'm at a loss with how they fix this. I pin most of the blame on alliance switchers and all the nefarious deeds they get up to which a lock will hopefully switch

However... This type of AP boosting is pretty hard to stop.

Honestly for me its the single biggest issue PvP has right now, boosting, flipping, cheating, switching. It ruins peoples interest in the game. It demotivates people to play properly and it corrupts other people who quickly think its the only way to go.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler tell us you have a way to track boosting boozos that we can ban like the vAS exploiters?

Quote honnestly id prefer you to fix boosting than lag at this stage.

I 100% agree with this. I have played from console launch and I can't remember this foul stuff ever happening when we had faction locks. Once Zos removed faction locks that opened up this game to loads of abuse... and if we know anything at all is that if something can be abused it WILL be abused.

And for those who would argue that putting back in faction locks would be bad because they want to abuse errr play with their friends. Well they can still play with their friends, they just need to all pick a faction to play at the start of the campaign and stick with it.