The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

New mag nb advice required.

Syiccal
Syiccal
✭✭✭✭✭
for my skill set up im using
destro bar
swallow soul
mercilous resolve
flame reach
cripple
inner light
soul tether

resto bar
harness magika
healing ward
shade
degeneration
leeching strikes
lights champ
this is my dueling set up
how do ppl run the bars for pvp, do I include cloak or not?
  • ShadowMonarch
    ShadowMonarch
    ✭✭✭✭
    All of this is in BATTLEGROUNDS by the way.

Cloak is normal but if your vs a couple people using sloads or mark target then it becomes useless for the most part.

I myself am playing in light armor and its very hard to survive if you get caught in a fight, I have been getting hit with on the regular 8k beetles, 12k incaps, 8-9k suprise attacks, sometimes I will have 11-15 ticks of sloads on my recap or a 9k hit from a dawnbreaker, That dawnbreaker was while I was wearing Transmutation+riposte and im not even a vampire, and thats NOT including the dot from dawnbreaker!!! 6-7k mages furys, 6k+ executioners. The way I have been getting around it is to just play around Shadow image, drop it some where safe before every engagement and if you start to get focus'd or feel like you have become the new target of somebody then teleport back, cloak and reposition and set down another image. Then go back for some more damage. It apparently ***'s a lot of people off but lol its effective, I might even have to start making juke compilations of making entire teams just off ledges and stuff.

My bars right now are

Desto: SwallowSoul, Flame Reach, Flex spot, Merc resolve, structured entropy.
    Resto: Healing ward, Dampen Magic, Cripple, Shadow Image, cloak.

I Alternate cripple between the back bar and the front bar flex spot, I find that its hard to sustain while maintaining strong burst damage in no cp, or bg's so you can run elemental drain or Siphon strikes for more sustain. If you end up in a game vs a bunch of nightblades you can slot mark target and Soul assault and use a flamereach into SA to try to pressure them. Or you can swap these skills in if there is a good nb on the other team that you know will give your team trouble.

I also am running Necropotence so thats why im running Dampen Magika, been trying a few different gear combinations and I have yet to find one im really comfortable with though. If you find something that is working really great then let me know!!! I have been tempted to try out a heavy armor build but been holding out hope I can make light armor work a little better. If I know im not going to be useful in a match I will put on Riposte, Transmutation, and Trollking and just throw heals and hots onto my team so they get 1250+crit resistance, the 1500 health recovery bonus, and enemies will be permanently getting minor maimed, pretty cancer but I think duroks would be better, I just don't have any to try it with.

This is all just my experience sense summerset patch hit, playing as a Light armor Magnb. I have tried out about 5 or 6 different sets in various combinations and the best so far has been one that a friend recommended, With the latest sustain nerf it is very hard to sustain I am finding, with 2k regen and 1 reduce cost glyph that siphonstrikes while helping do not sustain me fully, and elemental drain is close but not quiet enough, if I run neither then I have to make a effort to throw resto heavys constantly.

If you or anyone else has found a good gear/build combo please do share, this patch is been rough for higher teir BG's but its getting easier the more I refine the style I mentioned above but its not quiet there yet. I would be intrested to hear from magblades with a different playstyle and to hear about their success. almost every magblade I find plays a little different and it is really fun just to try different ways to play the class, the same old thing can get very boring.
    Edited by ShadowMonarch on May 29, 2018 2:19AM
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I've been back & forth over wether or not I wanted to do a hybrid & decided against it when I found out 1 thing.
    My previous/current build could be majorly enhanced due to changes this patch.
    I was running 5 innate axiom, 5 wizards riposte & 1 pirate, 1 chudan (monster defense not really needed now due to shade kiting being better than its ever been)

I found out I can add one of the most powerful sets in game to this...willpower

Head: domi/kena/chokethorn, choice but heavy
    Shoulder: axiom light
    Chest: axiom heavy
    Pants: axiom light
    Gloves: axiom light
    Sash: riposte light
    Boots: axiom light
    Neck: willpower - infused reduce cost enchant
    Ring1: riposte - infused sp dmg
    Ring2: riposte - arcane recovery
    Weapon1: willpower 2h sword - sharpened
    Weapon2: riposte staff - defending

All impen of course, 2 tri-stat enchants (head & chest)

Enjoy
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be intrested to hear from magblades with a different playstyle and to hear about their success.

I play on non-CP and BGs.

In my opinion with Summerset sustain is not as relevant as it was with Dragon Bones since if you wear a damage and a sustain light set you'll be dead as soon as you step into enemy area. The only chance you have of not getting zerged down or Xv1 in 2 seconds is your shadow and you have to ridiculously good at posititioning and map awareness. So I ended up getting rid of the light armor old meta regardless I also tried different combos of defensive sets, namely: wizard's riposte, transmutation, troll king, pirate skeleton, blood spawn or impregnable. More often than not I put on 2 of those sets and a couple of times even 3. Didn't help much because I couldn't kill anyone competent but I lasted longer. This patch is the proc meta, embrace it and use Sload's, Caluurion, etc. there's no excuse.

Lexxypwns' build is a good start point for this patch, also for non-CP/BGs. I'm currently running durok's jewelry (2 x arcane, 1 x bloodthirsty), 2 heavy pieces (chest and legs), 2 troll king light, 3 sload's light, sload's inferno staff and vma resto which helps sustain a lot. I do run invisibility, shadow image and mutagen on my backbar and as you may have realized I'm still running 5 light / 2 heavy. The good thing about this setup is you can replace Sload's with Caluurion (if you happen to have a staff) and still kick ass OR you can go 5 heavy if you craft 3 Sload's heavy pieces. The downside is you still have to be really good at poisitioning and placing your shadow no matter what. There's another option if you notice your survavility/sustain is low: 5 durok's heavy, 3 WR jewelry and staves OR lich backbar + master's frontbar. Of couse, atronach mundus and gold food or witchmother's drink but STILL you'll have to play smart with your shadow. Heavy armor gives you tankiness but it's not God mode.

Anyway, try whatever you feel comfortable with, that's what I run and in solo queue BGs I make good scores, like 13-1, 15-2, 23-1 (last night), etc.

/Rant off
    PC | EU
    Ashlander and Mephala worshipper.
    "You are just another breed of domestic animal, grazing stupidly while higher beings plot your slaughter."