The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

What happened to lootable jewelry?

loto
loto
✭✭✭
Prior to this Summerset patch, when I found random jewelry, it could be sold for gold. The few pieces I had in my inventory have been replaced by "electrum" types that are worth 0 gold. instead of the silver ones I had, That had a 10 gold value. Why make looted jewelry worth nothing?

Best Answer

• IsharaMeradin
    IsharaMeradin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cause now with Summerset it can be deconstructed for materials. Unfortunately, if you do not have Summerset it is pretty much wasted on you. I suppose one could try to sell to other players, but honestly that is more hassle than it is worth. That said, there is still random jewelry with a gold value. Just not as often as before.
    PC-NA / PC-EU
    ID @IsharaMeradin
    Characters NA
    Verin Jenet Eshava - Dark Elf Warden (main)
    Nerissa Valin - Imperial Necromancer (secondary)
    Lugsa-Lota-Stuph - Argonian Sorcerer
    Leanne Martin - Breton Templar
    Latash Gra-Ushaba - Orc Dragonknight
    Ishara Merádin - Redguard Nightblade
    Arylina Loreal - High Elf Sorcerer
    Sasha al'Therin - Nord Necromancer
    Paula Roseróbloom - Wood Elf Warden
    Ja'Linga - Khajiit Arcanist

Characters EU
    Shallan Veil - Wood Elf Warden

ID @IsharaMeradin-Epic
    Characters NA
    Ja'Sassy-Daro - Khajiit Nightblade
    Answer ✓
  • Aeslief
    Aeslief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There have always been equipment drops worth zero gold, including jewelry, on the same tier as looted Nightwood, Voidcloth, etc, only the name has been changed to Electrum.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aeslief wrote: »
    There have always been equipment drops worth zero gold, including jewelry, on the same tier as looted Nightwood, Voidcloth, etc, only the name has been changed to Electrum.
    Yes, weapon, armor and jewelery you find in the open or in normal containers is worth 0 gold and is pretty useless deconstructing.
    Gear you steal is maximum cp140 as I know, it can be deconstructed or sold to fences.
    Normal is everything from mob drop, treasure chests or quest and other rewards.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.