The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

moved

DoctorESO
DoctorESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
moved
Edited by DoctorESO on September 22, 2018 9:46PM
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The answer is always too long and way more then I wanted to spend
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't have any idea whatsoever how many hours it takes to decorate my houses, nor how many crowns/gold they cost.

I spread each house over multiple variable sessions and don't keep a tally of each furnishing purchase I make.

Sorry, but hope you get some info from other people :)

Edited by Aurie on May 28, 2018 12:07AM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Furniture is quite cheap right now. Most purple furniture is 2-3k on traders.

Let's say you spend an average if 1.5k on all furniture, multiplied by 700, that's just over 1 million gold.

To out things into perspective, when housing came out, I was paying 100k for individual purple pieces of furniture, 50k for blue, and 20k for green. I spent millions of gold on my first house since I wanted to decorate it asap.

You can decorate an entire house very quickly.

Find the furniture you wabt here: https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/furnishings-by-type/

Find who's selling it here: https://tamrieltradecentre.com/

Unfortunately if you're in console, it takes considerably more time since you don't have TTC.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on May 28, 2018 7:40PM
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not all furniture being used is of crafted variety. some is from achievement vendro, some from basic housing vendor which can skew prices all over the place (since you have your 100 gold trees, but you also have your 10k gold trees, and so on and so forth. some furnishings can cost upwards of 100k and there is absolutely no way to reduce THAT price as they are purchased from a vendor)

regardless, you are looking for a decent investment, even if you are relatively frugal. its possible to decorate with green only recipes and still have a comfortable lovely looking house. obviously, smaller houses will be cheaper both in initial purchase cost as well as decorating cost. but .... they are STILL going to cost you. probably 5 times + , at a minimum of what the house purchase itself cost you.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There could be a big difference between "what it cost the builder" and "how much you'd spend if you bought everything".

You'll find furnishing plans for about half the things you can place in your homes, and those can create quite decent-looking arrangements. However, things like plants, building materials for custom extensions, can only be bought from the vendor. Some may need an achievement and an outlay of gold of crowns.

Making your own uses up materials you have to collect or buy, so there's another possible variation in actual costs. The rare materials will cost more than the common ones, and the plans bear little relationship to reality. A single bed may use more material than a double of the same design. And a footstool more than a wardrobe.
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not knowing those numbers is very important to me. : )
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 22, 2018 9:46PM