The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

You have 8,000 Crowns burning a hole in your pocket, what do you spend it all on?

MonkLoHan
MonkLoHan
✭✭✭
I've been going crazy thinking of what to spend my stash of crowns on.

I dont own a home yet, should I buy that Sleek Creek home or Alinore town house?
Should I save up some more and buy that Ebonheart Chateau even though I plan 100% alone and dont have anyone to share it with?
I dont have any assistants, should I get the merchant or the banker?
Do I blow it on Xivkyn motif book because it looks cool?
Do I let it all ride by taking a chance on a bunch of crown crates?

What to do, what to do!!! What would you all spend it on if you were in my shoes?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing. Nothing that I really want atm.
  • drake88131
    drake88131
    ✭✭✭
    MonkLoHan wrote: »

I dont own a home yet, should I buy that Sleek Creek home or Alinore town house?
    Should I save up some more and buy that Ebonheart Chateau even though I plan 100% alone and dont have anyone to share it with?

What to do, what to do!!! What would you all spend it on if you were in my shoes?

Definitely the merchant and banker and then a noble home. Cold harbor is actually kinda neat Bc you have all that space. After I buy one noble home? What I've been doing! Saving them all for the dlc and maybe a storage chest or two
    Edited by drake88131 on May 26, 2018 6:18PM
  • Pwoo
    Pwoo
    ✭✭✭
    I bought the Alinor Crest Townhouse and I love everything about it. If you buy the furnished version with crowns, at least yours won't be as empty as mine while I wait to buy furniture with gold lol

Xivkyn motifs are relatively cheap to buy with gold if you don't need the entire book at once (all motifs are horribly overpriced in the crown store). And if you decide to buy crown crates, just make sure you don't get addicted!
    PC EU - @Pwooo in game - chronic crafting writ doer
  • MagicalLija
    MagicalLija
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you gift me the bear mount ;--;
  • Cuthceol
    Cuthceol
    ✭✭✭

I am, 13k and contents of clown $tore is meh.
  • Yzalirk
    Yzalirk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hold onto your crowns and wait until they add stuff you may be interested in. No need to waste them on things you are not that interested in.
  • MagicalLija
    MagicalLija
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you guys like have constant ESO plus on so you guys get the crowns constantly?
  • MonkLoHan
    MonkLoHan
    ✭✭✭
    AndrejLeo wrote: »
    Do you guys like have constant ESO plus on so you guys get the crowns constantly?

All of my crowns are from saving up on ESO plus 1500 per month allotment.

• weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can buy Xivkyn pages for next to nothing in guild traders. I would definitely not spend crowns on it. I would go with on of the assistants, personally.
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have crowns burning a hole in your pocket, my suggestion would be:
    1. buy a fire extinguisher, and
    2. a sewing kit.

B)
    Edited by Maryal on May 26, 2018 7:31PM
  • Froil
    Froil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hon I'm sitting on 10k crowns and I'm heavily reluctant to spend any of them.
    "Best" healer PC/NA
  • MonkLoHan
    MonkLoHan
    ✭✭✭
    Right now I am leaning toward purchasing Sleek Creek to use as a base for thieving operations. I dont have a "thief" character and I seem to have difficulty in making money in game. Since this house is so close to the fence, it may give me a chance to set up a dedicated thief character to make money. I could buy the furnished home outright then create a brand new character just for thieving. Maybe then I can earn enough in-game money to buy one of the noble homes in a few months. This way, I can just keep saving up my monthly Crowns for things I really would want.

But then again, after another beer or two I man think of something else.
    Edited by MonkLoHan on May 26, 2018 9:20PM
  • JaZ2091
    JaZ2091
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Better look up the merchant and banker before you buy them. They are pretty disappointing IMO.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Save your crowns until you see something you really want. New items are added every month. How do you know when you've found something you really want? My friend, you'll know it when you see it.
  • MajesticHaruki
    MajesticHaruki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vampiric bites
    PC/EU @MajThorax Sorcerer and Housing Decorator prodigy
    In my spare time I collect materials and run away from mudcrabs
  • Inoki
    Inoki
    ✭✭✭
    Hello,

ideally one could aim to purchase what could be considered most useful by most - bankers and merchants, to reduce time and travel costs to towns. After obtaining these probably maximising mount speed and capacity (in that order), unlocking vital DLCs like Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood, Morrowind, then some starter kits for potions, elixirs, food and mainly experience scrolls and lastly mount skins.

Never houses or motifs and definitely not Crown Crates.
    Edited by Inoki on May 28, 2018 8:32AM
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have the merchant and the banker and I have all character slots. Nothing else worth my while.

If I had to spend it or lose it, storage maybe? Are there some crown only motifs? Maybe those?
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never been sorry that I bought the banker. He's more useful than I even thought he'd be. I use him literally every day. I don't have the merchant, though.
    I wouldn't spend crowns on a house. I did once and regretted it, and have never done it again since. I love the houses, but most of them you can just buy with in-game gold if you save up enough.
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vampiric bites

Sounds like a cereal
    Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º
  • Orticia
    Orticia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would spend it on DLC's as i am not ESO+ the majority of months. Then again if you are always eso+ that might not be very useful.

I don't find not having the limited banker and merchant inconvenient enough to ever buy those that that high number of crowns. Maybe if they had full functionality, but probably not even then for me personally

Houses I buy for in game gold (Sleek creek being my favorite... sooooo convenient) as the big houses that can only be gotten for crowns are way to big for me compared to the item count anyway.

Crowncrates i only buy is I am a few crate gems short of buying a item I want enough straight away.

Other then that i would not feel compelled to spend the crowns asap anyway and would save them in case some awesome pet or such comes by in the store I really want to have. Crow, hint hint, give us a crow pet.
    Edited by Orticia on May 27, 2018 11:13AM
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Assistants
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banker then merchant then mundus stones then nothing
  • Donari
    Donari
    ✭✭✭✭
    Right now I am leaning toward purchasing Sleek Creek to use as a base for thieving operations. I dont have a "thief" character and I seem to have difficulty in making money in game. Since this house is so close to the fence, it may give me a chance to set up a dedicated thief character to make money. I could buy the furnished home outright then create a brand new character just for thieving. Maybe then I can earn enough in-game money to buy one of the noble homes in a few months. This way, I can just keep saving up my monthly Crowns for things I really would want.

The thing about Sleek Creek is while it is a lovely free port to a super close refuge, leaving isn't quite as convenient (unless the town-end exit is good and close to the wayshrine, I'm not sure, I don't often use that refuge). Vivec City Wayshrine is my favorite for easy fast access to crafting stations, bank, craft writ turn ins, and refuge with a fence very close to the entrance. You could save your crowns if the purpose is to set up a thief. Between that and Alinor, the question would be which will you more enjoy decorating?
  • Sgtmeg
    Sgtmeg
    ✭✭✭
    Don't let money burn a hole in your pocket, keep it and value it until you find something you truly like. There's nothing at all wrong with saving. It's a hard habit to get into when you're used to buying a lot, but you'll feel so much better, and your bank will thank you~ Buy things you value and value your money.
  • Firemantim
    Firemantim
    ✭✭
    Definitely the banker, then save the 3k crowns in case there's a cool mount or something you like. Maybe the Imperial Update or the Adventure Pack.
  • Mancombe_Nosehair
    Mancombe_Nosehair
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless you do mostly PvP, the banker is excellent. Worth every crown.
  • SwampRaider
    SwampRaider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Storage chests
    Character: Eros, Eros I I, The Paw of Woe
    Class: Templar Healer/MagWarden/ Stam Sorc
    Alliance: DC
    Campaign: Vivec (pc/na)
    Guardians of Daggerfall
  • MonkLoHan
    MonkLoHan
    ✭✭✭
    My whole thing is, I kinda want a house. But now, Im thinking that it may be a smarter idea to just spend 1500 crowns to open up another character slot to create a Khajit NB who will do nothing but steal, sell, launder and repeat. This character could also be my gatherer to keep my craft bag (ESO+). I figure, I'd be able to play 30-60 minutes per day with this guy to make gold while my monthly ESO+ crowns just keep on stacking.

Since I dont really NEED a home right away, I could use this thief to continually grow my bank account until I have enough in-game gold for the house I want (probably Sleek Creek at first for $300,000). Crowns could then be saved for Crown Store only specials or until I see something pop up that I really really want.

• DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My whole thing is, I kinda want a house. But now, Im thinking that it may be a smarter idea to just spend 1500 crowns to open up another character slot to create a Khajit NB who will do nothing but steal, sell, launder and repeat. This character could also be my gatherer to keep my craft bag (ESO+). I figure, I'd be able to play 30-60 minutes per day with this guy to make gold while my monthly ESO+ crowns just keep on stacking.

Since I dont really NEED a home right away, I could use this thief to continually grow my bank account until I have enough in-game gold for the house I want (probably Sleek Creek at first for $300,000). Crowns could then be saved for Crown Store only specials or until I see something pop up that I really really want.

This is the best idea yet.
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Donari wrote: »

The thing about Sleek Creek is while it is a lovely free port to a super close refuge, leaving isn't quite as convenient (unless the town-end exit is good and close to the wayshrine, I'm not sure, I don't often use that refuge). Vivec City Wayshrine is my favorite for easy fast access to crafting stations, bank, craft writ turn ins, and refuge with a fence very close to the entrance. You could save your crowns if the purpose is to set up a thief. Between that and Alinor, the question would be which will you more enjoy decorating?

save up and buy both.

sleek creek was my first real house and i use it far more than any of the others i own.

alinor is quickly becoming another go-to location, though, because it's perfectly situated as a base in summerset. (for me, at least)

ymmv, ofc. :)