The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Meteor + Rune Cage/Petrify/Aspect of Terror Combination Needs to be Looked At

GrumpyDuckling
GrumpyDuckling
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
This is the most absurd combination in the game. The ONLY counter to the Meteor + [unblockable stun skill] combination is immovable. Why in the world would you add unblockable skills to this game, ZOS?

You went ahead and gave the absolute best burst timing ultimate in the game (meteor) skills that guarantee it will hit for max damage unless immovable is active. This combination was annoying at first, but now it's running rampant in Xbox NA and any time immovable isn't active, you are susceptible to full damage from meteor.
Edited by GrumpyDuckling on May 26, 2018 1:45PM
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You mean Rune Cage, not Encase.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You mean Rune Cage, not Encase.

Yes - fixed.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Then we should nerf NBs too. Why is NB fear an AOE unblockable hard cc comboed with ults that guarantee ults will hit for max damage unless immovable is active. The only counter to this is immovable. Anytime immovable isn't active, you are susceptive to full damage from meteor/incap. This is the game's most absurd combination. So, no.
    Edited by IZZEFlameLash on May 26, 2018 5:25AM
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • montjie
    montjie
    ✭✭✭
    Did you leave fear out by accident orrrrr........
    - easy farmable saltbucket -
    - retired QQ king of Daggerfall Covenant PC-EU Azura's Star/Sotha Sil/weird dragon name/Ravenwatch zone chat -
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No. Then we should nerf NBs too. Why is NB fear an AOE unblockable hard cc comboed with ults that guarantee ults will hit for max damage unless immovable is active. The only counter to this is immovable. Anytime immovable isn't active, you are susceptive to full damage from meteor/incap. This is the game's most absurd combination. So, no.

And it has begun as foretold.
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the most absurd combination in the game. The ONLY counter to the Meteor + [unblockable stun skill] combination is immovable. Why in the world would you add unblockable skills to this game, ZOS?

roll dodge+block will save you.
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Uhm hello? Both those stuns cannot be blocked or dodged.

Petrify is not such a problem: like fear, it has a super small range and cannot be timed with a lot of stuff if not meteor and another skill if the enemy is noob enough/ has a 200+ ping and is not able to break free instantaneously after the cc. The problem is with magsorc. It applies you curse, 'finisher" (health debuff is more appropriate I guess), casts meteor, ccs and when you are cc' d you get a frag in your face since the cc is delayed. You can time 4 skills together, something that nbs or dks cannot do. I really do not see the need for such a strong cc to be in the sorcs' toolkit. It could be undodgiable or unblockable, but not both. Counter play goes to 0.
    Edited by Nerftheforums on May 26, 2018 7:57AM
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭

are you sure? i think cage doesnt work if target has a cc immunity. when you see incоming meteor you need to roll first to avoid possible cage cast and then block
  • leb91han
    leb91han
    ✭✭✭
    Nope its not op its just fine. Mag sorc using rune cage + meteor will only kill mag sorcs or stam/mag nb : The only classes he coukd kill even before this combo ;) Tbh Meteor + rune do very low damage to all other 7 classes. They dont feel the combo. Even if u time it well with curse+frag+finisher (which is something very hard coz i can rarely Time it coz i most of the times get interupted) plz stop with those nerf sorcs plz..... sorc is bad, good players dont feel sorc dmg . Sorc is super easy to kill every one focuses sorcs as first target coz they drop like a charm. 2 good players will obliterate sorcs in rhe matter of seconds .U wanna nerf something ? Go nerf immortal magplars who keep spaming purges and mistform which should be called “godform” where 10 players take 5 mins to kill him. Or infinity block magdks + godform + wings reflecting ur *** back at ur face . Or nerf stam wardens the immortal stamina class. Leave sorcs alone we took enough nerfs our dmg is crap only can kill any noobs or mag sorcs mag/stam nb coz they r squishy. Any heavy build Don’t dream. I play pc eu server is full of players with 25-28k hp. With that amount they are probably in heavy armor curse 4k frag 4k meteor 5k thats a total of 13k dmg burst its nothing they dont feel it . The game is broken those guys have more health and more mitigation they don’t take high dmg and poor light/medium armors have lower health and take more dmg what a stupid joke.
    Edited by leb91han on May 26, 2018 9:02AM
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rune Cage is not dodgeable and blockable, you can cc people mid dodge roll and its only castable if the target has no cc-immunity.
    Basicly like fossilize but bigger range.
    Counterplay seems like 0 and yes its definitly close to 0, but often if you pre-vigor / shield up you can survive the combo and retaliate on your offender (or run away lel).
    At least those abilities are only single target, not like some new aoe ability that plagues all campaigns right now :)
    Edited by ATomiX96 on May 26, 2018 8:55AM
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They took this combination from NBs with Agony. Let's just make Rune Cage and Petrify heals too.
  • Animus-ESO
    Animus-ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    leb91han wrote: »
    Nope its not op its just fine. Mag sorc using rune cage + meteor will only kill mag sorcs or stam/mag nb : The only classes he coukd kill even before this combo ;) Tbh Meteor + rune do very low damage to all other 7 classes. They dont feel the combo. Even if u time it well with curse+frag+finisher (which is something very hard coz i can rarely Time it coz i most of the times get interupted) plz stop with those nerf sorcs plz..... sorc is bad, good players dont feel sorc dmg . Sorc is super easy to kill every one focuses sorcs as first target coz they drop like a charm. 2 good players will obliterate sorcs in rhe matter of seconds .U wanna nerf something ? Go nerf immortal magplars who keep spaming purges and mistform which should be called “godform” where 10 players take 5 mins to kill him. Or infinity block magdks + godform + wings reflecting ur *** back at ur face . Or nerf stam wardens the immortal stamina class. Leave sorcs alone we took enough nerfs our dmg is crap only can kill any noobs or mag sorcs mag/stam nb coz they r squishy. Any heavy build Don’t dream. I play pc eu server is full of players with 25-28k hp. With that amount they are probably in heavy armor curse 4k frag 4k meteor 5k thats a total of 13k dmg burst its nothing they dont feel it . The game is broken those guys have more health and more mitigation they don’t take high dmg and poor light/medium armors have lower health and take more dmg what a stupid joke.

Lol yeah nerf magplars even more... You have no idea what your talking about. If you take a look at what's going on in PvP you will see how broke. Sorcs are this patch. A good sorc is near unkillable in a 1v1 atm.
    Dude Where's My Guar?
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

are you sure? i think cage doesnt work if target has a cc immunity. when you see incоming meteor you need to roll first to avoid possible cage cast and then block

Rolling does nothing to avoid a cage. It can not be dodged.
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    montjie wrote: »
    Did you leave fear out by accident orrrrr........

Yup. I didn't even know fear was unblockable. I so rarely come across NIghtblades who use fear in open world (it's mostly from stealth).

I'll update the first post.
    Edited by GrumpyDuckling on May 26, 2018 1:47PM
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »

then my cage is broken because i cant stun targets with cc immunity or we are playing different games
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

then my cage is broken because i cant stun targets with cc immunity or we are playing different games

Rolling does not give CC immunity.

You can not stun a target with CC immunity, but that has nothing to do with rolling.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roll to avoid a skill you can’t avoid by rolling lol
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You do know that a dodgerolling target is not cc immune?
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have u tried playing a mag sorc before?
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First, i assumed this was a serious necro.

How about making a build that does not get destroyed by litterally the OLDEST universal ultimate burst combo in the game?

If you cant take a single Meteor to the face, then you need to look at your own build, and how much you rely on Dodge / Block to mitigate damage.
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This combo has been around forever. The entire point of those CCs is to be able to kill perma blockers and don’t really see a problem with it. At the same time though; if sorcs become somehow rampant, I totally will run shield breaker or sloads. Not really big on cheese but I’ll equip for what I see most.
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can not stun a target with CC immunity, but that has nothing to do with rolling.

but it grants 3 sec of immunity doesnt it?
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

but it grants 3 sec of immunity doesnt it?

Root immunity. Not CC
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    raasdal wrote: »

How about making a build that does not get destroyed by litterally the OLDEST universal ultimate burst combo in the game?

If you cant take a single Meteor to the face, then you need to look at your own build, and how much you rely on Dodge / Block to mitigate damage.

Making such a build was pretty simple before patch, but after you add 9-10k tooltip dmg to that (i.e. the Summerset Rune Cage changes) it becomes a matter of having to play a tank build to survive the burst.

In retrospect, the Rune Cage now dealing 9-10k tooltip dmg is the same as if they had added a patch note for NB that said: "Incap now deals 60% more damage" - that's how much extra burst the sorc combo got from Rune Cage change alone (more light attack dmg adds even more to it).

Such burst wouldn't be a problem if it actually required some skill to land and/or could be countered somehow by classes without access to Shimmering Shield/Wings (to prevent Frag/light attack portion of burst)/Ritual (to get rid of Curse/Wrath) - at the moment it just converts medium armor stamblades/sorcs into free AP.
    Edited by DDuke on May 26, 2018 2:27PM
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

And it has begun as foretold.

Of old...

Nerf Sload. (Jussayin)
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »

Making such a build was pretty simple before patch, but after you add 9-10k tooltip dmg to that (i.e. the Summerset Rune Cage changes) it becomes a matter of having to play a tank build to survive the burst.

In retrospect, the Rune Cage now dealing 9-10k tooltip dmg is the same as if they had added a patch note for NB that said: "Incap now deals 60% more damage" - that's how much extra burst the sorc combo got from Rune Cage change alone (more light attack dmg adds even more to it).

Such burst wouldn't be a problem if it actually required some skill to land and/or could be countered somehow by classes without access to Shimmering Shield/Wings (to prevent Frag/light attack portion of burst)/Ritual (to get rid of Curse/Wrath) - at the moment it just converts medium armor stamblades/sorcs into free AP.

Correct me if i am wrong, but all they did was make the damage of rune cage up front, instead of delayed untill stun ends? So in effect, the total damage is the same as before patch.
    Edited by raasdal on May 26, 2018 2:31PM
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Correct me if i am wrong, but all they did was make the damage of rune cage up front, instead of delayed untill stun ends? So in effect, the total damage is the same as before patch.

Even if that’s the case that’s almost like the difference between viper before and now, it’s a noticeable difference.

• Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    All this patch has done is make sorc better at zerging and worse at solo..

Yes, the full combo can be devastating.. but the massive incoming damage this patch on shields makes it impossible to deliver that combo unless hiding behind someone else...

I don't think I like playing magsorc anymore...

Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Previously Rune Cage didn't deal any damage at all if you CC broke it, the damage would happen at the end of the 2,5s stun duration if it didn't get broken.

Now it deals damage the moment you CC break.
    Edited by DDuke on May 26, 2018 2:37PM
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol i have been obliterating people with this prior to the buff, i can't wait. Curse, meteor, cage, wrath is easily the most broken skill combo in the game. It doesn't only effect bad players. It kills everyone equally in the right hands.

If the sorc does this combo to you at full health they don't respect you and think you're a noob. Good builds don't get zero'd from full hp, but good sorcs don't attempt it at 100% against good players either, they shoot for about 18k hp where it's almost a guarantee kill vs any one.
This discussion has been closed.