The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The state of Heavy armor. Good Or Could it use buffs?

• Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes Buff Heavy Armor Resistance Values
    Vapirko wrote: »
    LMFAO. This post. A year ago people were screaming for heavy armor nerfs. Now they want it buffed :D:D

No heavy armor is still the premier armor for stam users in PvP. It performs very well and does not needn’t a buff. If anything medium needs some help.

LMFAO this post

Someone's still living in ESO of 1 year ago.

False, heavy armor is used by none. Other than trolly people stacking attribute points into health and tethering themselves to a Healer to stay alive against 2-4 people before falling to a single bleed defile build or Stamblade Incap fear combo

It performs, but no it doesn't perform well. The only people who say it performs well are the poeple not using it becaause they kill everyone who is using it.

Here let me turn this around on you

"Nope Medium is fine, In fact it needs nerfs cause cause cause I said so, But I have no facts or substantial arguments to back it up other than 1 year ago and Typing "lmfao"
    because I feel like a badass doing it"

^ Thats how you sound. Like a complete TOOL
    Edited by Nelson_Rebel on May 26, 2018 4:11AM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No keep Heavy Armor less effective
    LMFAO. This post. A year ago people were screaming for heavy armor nerfs. Now they want it buffed :D:D

No heavy armor is still the premier armor for stam users in PvP. It performs very well and does not needn’t a buff. If anything medium needs some help.

LMFAO this post

Someone's still living in ESO of 1 year ago.

False, heavy armor is used by none. Other than trolly people stacking attribute points into health and tethering themselves to a Healer to stay alive against 2-4 people before falling to a single bleed defile build or Stamblade Incap fear combo

It performs, but no it doesn't perform well. The only people who say it performs well are the poeple not using it becaause they kill everyone who is using it.

Here let me turn this around on you

"Nope Medium is fine, In fact it needs nerfs cause cause cause I said so, But I have no facts or substantial arguments to back it up other than 1 year ago and Typing "lmfao"
    because I feel like a badass doing it"

^ Thats how you sound. Like a complete TOOL

Oh boy another salty PvPer who keeps getting rekt and can’t figure out how to play. Let me guess, you can’t find the right build that lets you win so you’re in here asking for buffs? You’re a dime a dozen mate, create a bisased poll and then come and *** at any one who disagrees. Well let me save you the time and energy of more responses. Heavy armor is fine, it will not be buffed, end of story. Oh and you do realize you have no facts or evidence in your OP other than your own misinformed and personal conjecture?
    Edited by Vapirko on May 26, 2018 4:16AM
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No heavy armor is still the premier armor for stam users in PvP. It performs very well and does not need a buff. If anything medium needs some help.

But to the people saying it’s over performing, this is also untrue. Heavy armor as far as the passives and current values are concerned is just fine.

And OP, double the resistances bonuses?? What? You think we need people going into PvP with 30k base resistances or more? Come on. Your poll is biased and just as uninformed as the responses that you’re deeming to “have blinders on.”

I alread gave tons of points in both my Original post and every post since

You have provided NOTHING to support "heavy is fine, believe me" other than to circumvent answering all my points throughout this Topic

Once you man up grow some balls and try to answer them with some actual intelligence we'll talk
    Edited by Nelson_Rebel on May 26, 2018 4:27AM
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other Option (Elaborate)
    Heavy has been nerfed repetitively without a rebalance, and now, it is definitely the lower choice for a lot of playstyles bar 2. When you have dragonknights swap to shields that their defense doesn't synergies with at all, you should realize that there is a problem.
    • Constitution had its scaling removed, then was halved. Block cost was replaced with wrath... Then wrath was then blanket removed due to some "OP" stam sets.
    • Not to mention def like block has been overnerfed to the point its absolutely unsustainable vs multiple targets.
    • And as of summerset, the damage has increased a lot, and much of that isn't resistible by heavy, bleeds, sloads, etc. And now with jewelry crafting/transmuting, those "OP" heavy armour damage sets are possible to run for all.

ESO is weird in that tanky =/= more survivable,and that the strongest defense belongs to the traditionally squishy rogue archetype. So in the same vein, tanky shouldn't equal no damage.

As for the solution OP promotes, the resistances are fine, no need to increase them more, and it wouldn't fix any problem anyway. However now since heavy is again one of the lower performers, it could use something like wrath back to make it worth a little more, instead of the plain tank armour it is now.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other Option (Elaborate)
    - No need to buff resistance because if you are trying its easy to reach resistance cap.
    - While 90% of the StamPvP world runs around in 5 heavy again, buff is a bad idea.
    - If ZoS wants to balance Medium armor, then the story could change.
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Warden Ice Tank (By far my favorite) -RIP #Nerfmire
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Dragon Knight Healer (Since Homestead)
    Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer,
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

Playing BiS isn't impressive, playing unique at BiS lvl, THAT's impressive.

• Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No deal Quimby!
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other Option (Elaborate)
    I feel like heavy armor is kinda fine at the moment.

Just like how we have defensive bonuses on medium-heavy skill lines, heavy used to offer the wrath passive for offense.

Not immediately, but after a proper medium armor revamp, maybe the devs should put wrath passive back into the game.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on May 26, 2018 7:56AM
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Buff heavy armor while it's still the best for a ton of builds. Yeah, sure.
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    Heavy has been nerfed repetitively without a rebalance, and now, it is definitely the lower choice for a lot of playstyles bar 2. When you have dragonknights swap to shields that their defense doesn't synergies with at all, you should realize that there is a problem.
    • Constitution had its scaling removed, then was halved. Block cost was replaced with wrath... Then wrath was then blanket removed due to some "OP" stam sets.
    • Not to mention def like block has been overnerfed to the point its absolutely unsustainable vs multiple targets.
    • And as of summerset, the damage has increased a lot, and much of that isn't resistible by heavy, bleeds, sloads, etc. And now with jewelry crafting/transmuting, those "OP" heavy armour damage sets are possible to run for all.

ESO is weird in that tanky =/= more survivable,and that the strongest defense belongs to the traditionally squishy rogue archetype. So in the same vein, tanky shouldn't equal no damage.

As for the solution OP promotes, the resistances are fine, no need to increase them more, and it wouldn't fix any problem anyway. However now since heavy is again one of the lower performers, it could use something like wrath back to make it worth a little more, instead of the plain tank armour it is now.

Sure, medium and light armor got nerfed a lot too, it's only heavy armor which needs it's ridiculous passives back, because we need a meta of facetanking nobrainer builds again.
    Edited by Ragnaroek93 on May 26, 2018 8:15AM
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No heavy armor is still the premier armor for stam users in PvP. It performs very well and does not need a buff. If anything medium needs some help.

But to the people saying it’s over performing, this is also untrue. Heavy armor as far as the passives and current values are concerned is just fine.

And OP, double the resistances bonuses?? What? You think we need people going into PvP with 30k base resistances or more? Come on. Your poll is biased and just as uninformed as the responses that you’re deeming to “have blinders on.”

I alread gave tons of points in both my Original post and every post since

You have provided NOTHING to support "heavy is fine, believe me" other than to circumvent answering all my points throughout this Topic

Once you man up grow some balls and try to answer them with some actual intelligence we'll talk

Name one point you supported with actual evidence in your OP. I see nothing there. You You’re just a whiner who makes poor attempts at insulting people who disagree. Sorry you can’t survive in heavy armor, maybe I’m not the one that needs to grow a pair :D

So let me take on a few of your “intelligent” points.
    Bleeds are a little op right now, sure, but they’re not a heavy armor issue alone. Buffing heavy armor makes no sense, rather adjust bleed damage since it affects all armor types. It’s far worse to deal with a bleed build in medium than it is in heavy. Defile? Yes it’s also OP, but again this has nothing to do with heavy armor. It affects all armor types and buffing resistances won’t affect defile lol. Defile is simply a reduction to healing received regardless of your resistances. And, once again, defile needs to be looked at in this case, not heavy armor. In fact, heavy armor is most well equipped to deal with defile thanks to the passives that boost your healing received. And to your third point, penetration, it’s really not that bad. Unless you go out of your way to stack penetration, light armor mag builds typically have around 7-8k and stamina builds maybe 3-4K and some classes don’t even have/use major fracture/breach. So imo it’s not too much for heavy to deal with and I’ve never noticed a problem. So there ya go. Of course you’ll just come back at me with some “insult” because you probably won’t be happy until whatever you use is stronger than everyone else’s gear. FYI, it ain’t gear so much as how you use it. I can say with 100% certainly that some of the best PvPers in this game use heavy armor with no issue. They also use medium and light. And I don’t think any player worth their salt would tell you that heavy is under performing right now.
  • MerlinPendragon
    MerlinPendragon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Block cost mitigation
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other Option (Elaborate)
    Lol they're balanced. Trade offs. That's important for diversity.

Totally biased responses in the poll too.
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other Option (Elaborate)
    Heavy Armor while looked at in a vacuum looks fine or possibly in need of a buff, but when you consider some of the sets that come in heavy it changes... Consider Ravager, Seventh Legion, Fury, and various monster sets can all be in heavy. The problem IMO is you can combine a high amount of mitigation with a high amount of burst damage.

It should be one way or the other.
    Playing since beta...
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other Option (Elaborate)

Sure, medium and light armor got nerfed a lot too, it's only heavy armor which needs it's ridiculous passives back, because we need a meta of facetanking nobrainer builds again.

No, they didn't. Morrowind took some small amount of sustain away. If you played from early days, heavy was trash, then got const/wrath and became decent, but sets like fury etc took it to the top for a certain few builds. Making tankier builds useless becasue of the stamDK/Stamden is like saying nerf all med because of NBs.

Tanky metas existed partially due to instant burst procs, which are generally sorted, though some issues remain. Shuffle is now gone from heavy builds, OP heavy only sets like black rose/7th, were nerfed, constitution was nerfed, block cost was removed, then wrath was too.

Heavy has has has a whole lot more nerfs in the recent past than medium's slight changes, and medium has been buffed indirectly too, many attacks dodgable now, soul assault no longer snares, access to things like ravager/truth without running healthy.

Also, facetank nobrainer builds are somehow worse that cloak/rollspam nobrainer builds that can kill fast too? Please. I would hardly class a situational (under damage) 200 wp/sp as ridiculous. It was even nerfed to have a slower ramp up before it reached peak too.
    Best houseknight EU.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heavy armor shoul underperform for damage. Question should be if it’s good enough for defensive capability. I assume in PVE it is; but PvP I feel dodge and shields with better resource management are better.

I also think a lot of players assume others are using heavy because they don’t realize it’s not heavy that makes whoever they are attacking tanky.
    Edited by technohic on May 26, 2018 4:37PM
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other Option (Elaborate)
    kojou wrote: »
    Heavy Armor while looked at in a vacuum looks fine or possibly in need of a buff, but when you consider some of the sets that come in heavy it changes... Consider Ravager, Seventh Legion, Fury, and various monster sets can all be in heavy. The problem IMO is you can combine a high amount of mitigation with a high amount of burst damage.

It should be one way or the other.

Then shields and dodge need to be expressly weaker than block and heavy, at the moment, they are equal, or maybe even better, but can be combined with other defenses, in ways that heavy/blocking cannot nearly as easily do due to the sacrifices.

That should also work for class defenses too then, a nightblade has the best mitigation tool in the game, with the best scaling vs multi targets and the best escape... whilst also having the best damage. Problem or not?
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No need to change heavy armor.

Making defile a hard to achieve buff, making defile affect shields, and making cloak suppress all healing would go a long way to balancing the game. There's no valid reason why a stamblade can apply defile, have it purged and just get it again immediately after.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, there was a thread where the Developers gave the % of people wearing light vs heavy vs medium. If I recall correctly, very few people were actually wearing heavy armor. I'll see if I can find it.

Pretty sure that’s because their data is skewed badly. It takes into account PvP and PvE, so we can’t use it to determine armor weight balance in just PvP.

In PvE, waaaaaaay more people wear Light and Medium.... Heavy is strictly for tanks. Therefore, Heavy is barely used at all.

In PvP, many Magicka builds use Light. Many use Heavy. The issue is that most Stam builds use Heavy because Medium is simply outclassed in nearly all situations. Hence, people complain about Heavy Armor because they don’t want to be forced into it in PvP.

Whether or not it should be this way is up to you. Honestly idk :/ I hate Heavy Armor being so important for Stam. I want to buff all of the armor types lol.
    Edited by Vaoh on May 26, 2018 8:21PM
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

No, they didn't. Morrowind took some small amount of sustain away. If you played from early days, heavy was trash, then got const/wrath and became decent, but sets like fury etc took it to the top for a certain few builds. Making tankier builds useless becasue of the stamDK/Stamden is like saying nerf all med because of NBs.

Tanky metas existed partially due to instant burst procs, which are generally sorted, though some issues remain. Shuffle is now gone from heavy builds, OP heavy only sets like black rose/7th, were nerfed, constitution was nerfed, block cost was removed, then wrath was too.

Heavy has has has a whole lot more nerfs in the recent past than medium's slight changes, and medium has been buffed indirectly too, many attacks dodgable now, soul assault no longer snares, access to things like ravager/truth without running healthy.

Also, facetank nobrainer builds are somehow worse that cloak/rollspam nobrainer builds that can kill fast too? Please. I would hardly class a situational (under damage) 200 wp/sp as ridiculous. It was even nerfed to have a slower ramp up before it reached peak too.

I used to play heavy armor on my magblade and guess what, is was better than light armor. So much to that "only Fury and Seventh are OP". Yes, they are overperforming but that's not the only reason why heavy armor was so dominating in PvP.

And yes, I'd rather have Cloaker and Rollspammer than having super tanky facetank builds who take away half of your health by using one Ransack. Everybody remembers this meta: Be a heavy armor full damage Redguard or GTFO here. No need to reinforce that nonsense, at least rollers and Cloakers need to press buttons instead of just eating all the damage while healing back to full health in 2 seconds.

Edit: Morrowind took away more than just "some small amount of sustain away" from medium and light armor.
    Edited by Ragnaroek93 on May 26, 2018 8:41PM
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other Option (Elaborate)

I used to play heavy armor on my magblade and guess what, is was better than light armor. So much to that "only Fury and Seventh are OP". Yes, they are overperforming but that's not the only reason why heavy armor was so dominating in PvP.

And yes, I'd rather have Cloaker and Rollspammer than having super tanky facetank builds who take away half of your health by using one Ransack. Everybody remembers this meta: Be a heavy armor full damage Redguard or GTFO here. No need to reinforce that nonsense, at least rollers and Cloakers need to press buttons instead of just eating all the damage while healing back to full health in 2 seconds.

Edit: Morrowind took away more than just "some small amount of sustain away" from medium and light armor.

If it was better, it would have been meta. It wasn't. It might have been competitive, or better for you, but that doesn't mean nerf it.

Flipping it on its head: I can always see the blocktato, and they nearly never do damage. I can attack them constantly with things part of my kit, the NB however can cloak, heal to full, come back and attack, and I have to waste a lot of resources against them and healing vs them. The blocktato can eventually get zerged, whilst the NB can just escape.

People say, oh, heavy shouldn't have high damage, then med/light shouldn't have nearly as strong defense then.

PS: The sustain changes for armour (Not everything) were a max of 7% cost loss for either. Not nearly as many meta nerfs as heavy that I listed.
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It needs defensive improvements. Ignoring the trolls heavy is NOT meta just because a few sets are good.

Needs block cost reduction back and maybe crit resistance. Also definitely need cost reduction now could replace constitution.

All last year we saw medium armor users demand 4 nerfs to this skill line in attempt to make medium more viable and it accomplished nothing.
    Power Wealth And Influence.
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If it was better, it would have been meta. It wasn't. It might have been competitive, or better for you, but that doesn't mean nerf it.

Flipping it on its head: I can always see the blocktato, and they nearly never do damage. I can attack them constantly with things part of my kit, the NB however can cloak, heal to full, come back and attack, and I have to waste a lot of resources against them and healing vs them. The blocktato can eventually get zerged, whilst the NB can just escape.

People say, oh, heavy shouldn't have high damage, then med/light shouldn't have nearly as strong defense then.

PS: The sustain changes for armour (Not everything) were a max of 7% cost loss for either. Not nearly as many meta nerfs as heavy that I listed.

The irony of the idiots that make this claim is when someone make a full on High HP block tank build that deals NO damage they whine about the "unkillable tank builds" that make pvp boring. And thus block cost was nerfed so hard that its unsustainable for more than a few secs.

So which is it guys? Is heavy for tanking only? Or do you guys just hate heavy armor?
    Edited by Anti_Virus on May 26, 2018 11:15PM
    Power Wealth And Influence.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we call for a nerf to polls first?
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other Option (Elaborate)
    as for me for now its so fine...but more problematic thing is still existing cacner proc sets etc and those are making heavy armor to OP as many still think that way.

my solution is (which will never happen because ZOS) to remove completely proc sets from game...or atlest from pvp and then heavy armor without any problem could even got nice buff
  • pteam
    pteam
    ✭✭✭
    The vast majority of pvp users already use heavy armor.... and u want to buff it? lol nobody would even use anything else
    The Flawless Conqueror
    Xbox NA - its pteam

Completed vDSA - vHRC HM - vAA HM - vSO HM - vMoL - vHoF HM - vCR +1 - vMA Flawless 585k - vAS +2 HM
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other Option (Elaborate)
    pteam wrote: »
    The vast majority of pvp users already use heavy armor.... and u want to buff it? lol nobody would even use anything else

No, they don't.
    MagNB and Magsorc light is a no brainer.
    MagDK, Magplar and Magden, light this patch is better than heavy due to bleeds, but heavy is possible for some roles.

StamNB medium no brainer (bar niche duels)
    Stamsorc and stamplar can run either.
    StamDK and stamden run heavy as a no brainer.

So. 2 classes run heavy exclusively, and they are quite low population, 5 can run heavy or med/light, but for 3 of them, light is more viable and 3 run light/med exclusively, these are the classes with the higher populations.

B-b-but the sets for heavy are better. And now accessible in med builds via jewelry trait changing.
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other Option (Elaborate)
    as I see so many chars running around in heavy, it must be awesome already.............
    magicka users in heavy
    stamina users in heavy
    tanks in heavy
    healers in heavy
    dd´s in heavy

and you want to buff it more????