The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Morag Tong/ Imperial style conversion bugged?

BlackRoseWaltz
Before the outfit station update, I noticed i was able to convert my armor to morag tong and imperial style for free and without needing to know the style motif for said styles, which to me makes sense, and ever since the outfit station updates, i've noticed that while we can technically change the armor for free to those styles, now you need to actually know the style as a motif to do so, which makes armor conversion pointless, if you ask me. its not even an incentive. sure it removes the cost of it, but armor conversion isn't that expensive and given i had the ability to wear said style before the update without needing to find every piece of the imperial motif, or the morag tong one, i find this an inconvenience, and its taking something i already had away... or maybe its a bug or something, i don't know, but i've checked around on youtube, the outfit station update notes/videos, etc, and other various places, as well as attempted to send in a support ticket about this and recieved no information on this matter anywhere, like nobody touches it. if anybody knows what's going on with this, i'd like to know, and i'll help spread the word, whatever it is, to others who may or may not be having this issue too. also, don't ask WHY i want to be able to convert my armor to those styles, i know you can't convert them back when you do, etc etc, doesn't matter to me, the fact of the matter is i used to be able to do it, i did in fact utilize this feature, and now i'm not able to, thats what matters to me, not whether it makes sense to do so or not. thanks.
Whatever it is, I want it painted black.

Best Answer

• BlackRoseWaltz
    Update: this is pretty late, but it seems this was fixed recently, and perhaps was a bug, as i log in now and my characters are all able to convert to imperial and morag tong style now. even made a new character to test to see if i was able to convert and i was so, ye, seems fine now. thanks for the help.
    Answer ✓
  • Eiagra
    Eiagra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should be able to use the Style in an Outfit if you have the Imperial/Morag Tong perks from their associated packs. You won't be able to convert equipment, but if you can't add it to an Outfit unless you know the motif/chapter, that may be a bug.

If you have the ability to capture video, uploading your experience on YouTube or similar and attaching that to your support ticket can help wonders.
          In verity.
  • BlackRoseWaltz
    well, i did add snapshots of my screen to the ticket showing that i had the styles unlocked and that when i went to an outfit station, the styles were greyed out, i wasn't able to apply them at all, the cost was 0, but my character doesn't actually know the styles for imperial and morag tong, so that could be part of the issue, not that i assume she'd have to learn them, part of the problem i think is the fact that whether you can change your armor to a certain style in the outfit station now depends on whether you actually have learned the style or not... whereas before it wasn't the case. therefore given the fact that those packs are supposed to allow you to change the armor to the style without needing the motif, hence the name conversion, its not crafting in that style, there might be some buggy background code with that that probably needs to be addressed, if that affects the ability to convert to that style. i still have the snapshots, i'll attach them here so you can see what i'm talking about. the first image shows that i have imperial and morag tong style unlocked, i purchased imperial edition a long time ago and preordered morrowind when it came out, and recently summerset too, though everything with summerset so far is fine, from my experience... anyway... when you see me select imperial it says go to an outfit station, so i do, and try applying the style to my helmet, only to find its nowhere to be found, i had "show locked" unchecked to make it easier to see what i was able to apply. i did go back and recheck show locked and tried to apply the style that way too later, but it wouldn't let me, saying its locked, (ie: you haven't learned this style) :disappointed: so far the styles shown are all my character knows, her own racial style, and argonian, divine prosecution being the style unlocked with my preorder of summerset. i attached these to the ticket and got their usual "thanks for your feedback, if you don't respond within 4 days, we'll assume your situation has been resolved" thingy, you know what i mean. anyway.... for your consideration: 93bn2ebwkicq.jpg
    na67hksxu8so.jpg
    6k6g1n7k27c8.jpg
    bm9vqhxvq16m.jpg
  • BlackRoseWaltz
    tl:dr version: long story short, yeah, can't apply the style to any of my armors like i used to, though i'm not quite sure if i'm doing it right, and if i'm not, i'd like a pointer, if possible, since everywhere else i looked i didn't find any help on this, specifically when regarding the morag tong and imperial styles, if i am doing it right, then yeah, might be a bug, i sent in a support ticket and got the "we'll consider this" usual response. snapshots above.
  • BlackRoseWaltz
    also, i just realized... if i'm able to do it with the divine prosecution style, then it would make sense for me to be able to convert into imperial and morag tong too, though i can't... so yeah... might be a bug.
    Edited by BlackRoseWaltz on May 25, 2018 10:19PM