The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How are Destro heavy attacks hitting now?

AsheronRealaidain
AsheronRealaidain
✭✭✭
With the buff in damage for Destro and Resto heavy attacks I was curious how it was doing again now. I loved my Magicka DK who I played like a fire mage, destro heavy attacks were a big part of my rotation but after the nerf several patches ago I haven't touched him. Wondering if they are back in a good place and doing decent damage again? I'm on Xbox so I'm still waiting for the expansion.
Daggerfall Covenant
Asheron Realaidain | Altmer Magsorc
Wayward Bob | Orsimer Stamplar
Aerbax Virindi | Dunmer Magblade
Numuhdira | Redguard Stamsorc
Borelean Strathelar | Khajiit Stamblade
Isin Dule | Dunmer MagDK
Illservian Palacost | Argonian Magplar
Lord Rytheran | Nord Stamcro
Antius Blackmoor | Orsimer StamDK
Xbox One X, NA
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Following. As a Mag Sorc who used heavy attacks as part of my burst rotations the change to heavy attacks also messed me up. Hoping they are in a decent spot again.
  • Swimguy
    Swimguy
    ✭✭✭
    i want to use knight slayer and elegant on magdk and get one shot heavy attacks.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Swimguy wrote: »
    i want to use knight slayer and elegant on magdk and get one shot heavy attacks.

Doesn't work anymore. They killed heavy attack mDK when they nerfed heavy attacks.
  • AsheronRealaidain
    AsheronRealaidain
    ✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    Swimguy wrote: »

Doesn't work anymore. They killed heavy attack mDK when they nerfed heavy attacks.

But this is why I created the thread... the patch notes for Summerset say "Heavy Attacks with Destruction Staff and Restoration Staff weapons will deal more damage." So I was curious as how much it was increased and if they are doing OK damage now. For sure I wasn't expecting the insane one shots to be back, but are they decent?
    Edited by AsheronRealaidain on June 1, 2018 3:28AM
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Asheron Realaidain | Altmer Magsorc
    Wayward Bob | Orsimer Stamplar
    Aerbax Virindi | Dunmer Magblade
    Numuhdira | Redguard Stamsorc
    Borelean Strathelar | Khajiit Stamblade
    Isin Dule | Dunmer MagDK
    Illservian Palacost | Argonian Magplar
    Lord Rytheran | Nord Stamcro
    Antius Blackmoor | Orsimer StamDK
    Xbox One X, NA
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed the changes on damage scaling so I played with my 50k magicka build just for fun. Yes, just pure stat, and all jewelries slotted with spell damage glyph. So we are looking at 50k magicka, molten armaments and buffed 2.8K spell damage. Damage outputs are amazing (only when it hits not dodged or blocked) : 5-8K non crit and 6-9K crit.
    Edited by WaltherCarraway on June 1, 2018 3:56AM
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.