The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Populate shelving with items, please!

Kalthea
Kalthea
✭✭✭
I love decorating houses in ESO! It's really fun, and it gives personality to homes in different ways based on who designs the house! But if there is one thing that I think we can all agree on, it's that the bookshelves need to have books on them. There are currently only 2 (to my knowledge) shelves that are populated with clutter, and BOTH of them are Redguard designs. This isn't really an issue, as Redguard designs are pretty neutral in their color scheme, and can work well with other things, but I can't be the only one who's annoyed by the fact that I have to hand-place most of my own clutter around the house, especially with things like counters! Why don't the counters you can purchase have bowls and cups on them? I can understand trying to save on poly-count, but at some point you need to realize that adding in 128 more polys isn't going to destroy every system there is.

Anyone else feel the same? Can't be just me.
May your crops be sun-blessed, sweet soul.
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kalthea wrote: »
    I love decorating houses in ESO! It's really fun, and it gives personality to homes in different ways based on who designs the house! But if there is one thing that I think we can all agree on, it's that the bookshelves need to have books on them. There are currently only 2 (to my knowledge) shelves that are populated with clutter, and BOTH of them are Redguard designs. This isn't really an issue, as Redguard designs are pretty neutral in their color scheme, and can work well with other things, but I can't be the only one who's annoyed by the fact that I have to hand-place most of my own clutter around the house, especially with things like counters! Why don't the counters you can purchase have bowls and cups on them? I can understand trying to save on poly-count, but at some point you need to realize that adding in 128 more polys isn't going to destroy every system there is.

Anyone else feel the same? Can't be just me.

One of the Morrowind bookcases also has books, but I completely agree! We are already very restricted when it comes to item slots in game, so having the option to purchase all bookcases with books already in them is a great idea :blush: I removed the books from the cases in my most recent house just today to be able to add some crafting stations, and I literally had over 30 more item slots, because I had a library in there.
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • Kalthea
    Kalthea
    ✭✭✭
    One of the Morrowind bookcases also has books, but I completely agree! We are already very restricted when it comes to item slots in game, so having the option to purchase all bookcases with books already in them is a great idea :blush: I removed the books from the cases in my most recent house just today to be able to add some crafting stations, and I literally had over 30 more item slots, because I had a library in there.

I'm the same way, and that's probably part of it. Getting those extremely minor sales on the books off of the Crown Store for, what, 50? 100 crowns tops for some of them?
    May your crops be sun-blessed, sweet soul.
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kalthea wrote: »

I'm the same way, and that's probably part of it. Getting those extremely minor sales on the books off of the Crown Store for, what, 50? 100 crowns tops for some of them?

Agreed! The row of books can cost allot when you are buying enough to fill a library! Especially if you have already forked out for the house itself. It costs more money, and it costs more slots too which are already too low, both of which mean that you loose out on potential items to actually decorate your house!

Your idea is great Kalthia, I think it could be a step towards solving the whole housing item slot dilemma many of us are facing, of course an entire increase in slots would be even better, but books on shelves would most certainly help :smiley:

• Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there are couple of other bookcases that have clutter in them, but both are either are, or expensive or both.

there's dwemmer bookcase, and there's Ayeleid bookcase. well.. in adition to the ones mentioned above.

personaly, my wish is that we either get more firnishings slots, or cluttered bookcases for every racial style, or best case scenario - both. for now though, I've been mostly using Hlaalu orderly bookcases in most projects as at least they look slightly more neutral then redguard option, yet are still affordable to craft unlike dwemmer or Ayeleid.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »
    there are couple of other bookcases that have clutter in them, but both are either are, or expensive or both.

there's dwemmer bookcase, and there's Ayeleid bookcase. well.. in adition to the ones mentioned above.

personaly, my wish is that we either get more firnishings slots, or cluttered bookcases for every racial style, or best case scenario - both. for now though, I've been mostly using Hlaalu orderly bookcases in most projects as at least they look slightly more neutral then redguard option, yet are still affordable to craft unlike dwemmer or Ayeleid.

I've been using the Hlaalu mostly too, because they really are the only ones which seem to fit in just about anywhere, but I 100% agree, we need more slots AND fuller bookcases, how great would it be if we got both :smiley: it would be great for ZOS too, because I'm almost certain that they would sell more homes if we could put more things inside them! :blush:

• MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I brought this up on the PTS but ZOS ignored it. Very disappointed that the new Alinor bookcases don't come with a filled option. It takes 20-30 furnishings to fill up a bookcase. If you have 5-6 bookcases in your house, that's already half your furniture limit gone towards just books.

Current filled bookcase options are:

- Redguard Bookcase, Full
    - Redguard Bookcase, Piled
    - Hlaalu bookcased, Orderly
    - Dwarven Bookcase, Full
    - Ayleid Bookcase, Cluttered
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on May 24, 2018 5:05AM
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I brought this up on the PTS but ZOS ignored it. Very disappointed that the new Alinor bookcases don't come with a filled option. It takes 20-30 furnishings to fill up a bookcase. If you have 5-6 bookcases in your house, that's already half your furniture limit gone towards just books.

Current filled bookcase options are:

- Redguard Bookcase, Full
    - Redguard Bookcase, Piled
    - Hlaalu bookcased, Orderly
    - Dwarven Bookcase, Full
    - Ayleid Bookcase, Cluttered

Don't forget the clockwork sequence shelves and Daedric spire. Although, not sure if the Daedric spire is available outside of the pack that came and went. I'm sure if there was enough demand they would add it to the crown store.

They made most of the bookshelves empty to accommodate interactable books, but for some oddball reason you have to lay the books flat in order for them to be usable, which looks terrible. Then, of course, there is that pesky item cap.

I quite like the Daedric spire as It has books, scrolls, soulgems, etc. I don't like Daedric architecture, so I stuck it into the Orc counterweight from the luxury vendor. Still need something circular to obscure the top of it where it flares out, but even without that it looks decently Gothic.
    Edited by Wreuntzylla on May 25, 2018 7:51PM
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was frankly both baffled and angry when I discovered that the new Alinor bookcases ONLY come in an EMPTY version! I like to mix the empty with the cluttered ones in the other available styles so that I can do my own thing in some places while having the others for filler that I don't lose 20 item spaces for!
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• bellatrixed
    bellatrixed
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree, we desperately need more cluttered options. It's fine to have an empty version too, but if they aren't going to give us more slots they could at least help ease our burden by providing a larger variety of cluttered options for bookcases, tables, etc.
    ESO Roleplay | RP community for all factions/servers/platforms