Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Scattershot Catapults: The New Meta?

SwampRaider
SwampRaider
✭✭✭✭✭
Oh my Mara folks! Swamp here, reporting on yet another OP thing used in cyrodiil:

SCATTERSHOT CATAPULTS.

literally that large ground based 8 second AOE is rediculous. We used it with oils. Defending a keep. Unorganized zergs get melted. It is hilarious. EVERYONE needs one of these bad boys in their quickslot. I watched a 27k hp person who wasn't paying attention get wrecked in 7 seconds. It is such a super hilariously awesome new cut
Cyrodiil change
Character: Eros, Eros I I, The Paw of Woe
Class: Templar Healer/MagWarden/ Stam Sorc
Alliance: DC
Campaign: Vivec (pc/na)
Guardians of Daggerfall
  • ShadowMonarch
    ShadowMonarch
    ✭✭✭✭
    sweet more zerg killers!

What did they change?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh my Mara folks! Swamp here, reporting on yet another OP thing used in cyrodiil:

SCATTERSHOT CATAPULTS.

literally that large ground based 8 second AOE is rediculous. We used it with oils. Defending a keep. Unorganized zergs get melted. It is hilarious. EVERYONE needs one of these bad boys in their quickslot. I watched a 27k hp person who wasn't paying attention get wrecked in 7 seconds. It is such a super hilariously awesome new cut
    Cyrodiil change
    Not sure if that's considered a fast or slow kill at this point.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • SwampRaider
    SwampRaider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

SCATTERSHOT CATAPULTS.

Cyrodiil change
    Not sure if that's considered a fast or slow kill at this point.

IMAGINE stacking three of those bad boys on top of each other. Three ground-based DOTs In the same spot. It is ridiculously hilarious. Used in conjunction with oils and an oil catapult it is amazing how much damage can go out in a single area.
    Edited by SwampRaider on May 23, 2018 1:11PM
    Guardians of Daggerfall
  • SwampRaider
    SwampRaider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sweet more zerg killers!

What did they change?

For catapults the damage stays on the ground longer
    Guardians of Daggerfall
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Already called this on PTS. Doing multiple tests w/ guildies, the dots from 1 meatbag + 2 scattershot are enough to kill most builds if they are forced to stand in them. A 3rd scattershot added easily takes down more tanky builds.

This is gona be supreme cheese for keep flags.
    Edited by HoloYoitsu on May 23, 2018 7:09PM
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    But it will only truly be effective in cases where the AOE visual doesn’t show up ... so likely 100% of cases.

Reminds me of year one when for 6 straight months I just assumed that Cold Fire Ballistas actually we’re supposed to be invisible.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rejoice left click heroes! Keep on left clicking! Left click as hard and as often as you can!

• umagon
    umagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The scattershot catapult is great for the kill 40 players quest. I finished it in about two minutes. The other overlooked change is that you can burn siege weapons without being interrupted. Which at least while playing on a tank can be quite entertaining. They can’t flag the fort if you keep burning their siege and they can’t do much to you because you are a tank. Hilarity ensues.
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so wait siege is actually scary?! BWAHHHH!?
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    umagon wrote: »
    The scattershot catapult is great for the kill 40 players quest. I finished it in about two minutes. The other overlooked change is that you can burn siege weapons without being interrupted. Which at least while playing on a tank can be quite entertaining. They can’t flag the fort if you keep burning their siege and they can’t do much to you because you are a tank. Hilarity ensues.

back in the day when I had a mageblade I used to do the same with cloak, as cloak lasted about long enough to burn siege, so randomly siege was burning with no source.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come to BGs, we don't have such silliness
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HoloYoitsu wrote: »
    Already called this on PTS. Doing multiple tests w/ guildies, the dots from 1 meatbag + 2 scattershot are enough to kill most builds if they are forced to stand in them. A 3rd scattershot added easily takes down more tanky builds.

This is gona be supreme cheese for keep flags.

As it should. If three siege hitting the same person who is standing in the middle of the circles can't kill them then what's the point in having siege.

Too many people have spent all their PvP time in CP Campaigns and forget how much stronger Siege has been in Kyne and Sotha Sil. It was laughable last year in the CP Campaigns during the PvP event when they disabled CP for a week or two while testing. Oil trashed a lot of these huge PvDooring Zergs.
  • erik1618
    erik1618
    haha I was surprised at how much damage the scattershots were putting out. I think its pretty cool and adds some more strategy to the game when trying to take a keep. I never used to even think about getting hit by scatter shot because I would immediately purge but now you gotta move! Curious to see if it gets abused.
    DOZIK
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come to BGs, we don't have such silliness

They don't care, they want to pretend this is some game of thrones simulator but want to take a heavily guarded keep in 2 minutes lol.

Either way they really need to bring back CP BGs and offer 24v24 que fights for those that want randomized large scale combat.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual