The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

moved

• Neyane
    Neyane
    ✭✭✭✭
    Indifferent
    I've only bought one, and I am glad I bought it, I sometimes have parties in my home with friends, and I have all crafting tables and more inside. I probably won't buy another though, there's no need to have multiple houses.
    The most important thing in life is enjoying yourself.
    810+, love trials and dungeons, achievement hunter ♥
    Stormproof on 9 characters and more to come~ Flawless on MagSorc & MagPlar ♥
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I don't buy them at all, for me it's a waste of money.

I own 20 houses, all of them were bought for gold, and I will never buy some exclusive house for crowns.
  • Bigevilpeter
    Bigevilpeter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    I don't know how it feels cause I never did it, but I don't understand why people waste so much money on a virtual house and decorations that its only real use is the test dummy?

I got a 60k gold house and a 2k crown 6 mill dummy and simple decorations of the house. The only thing I use there however is the dps tests. Everything else can be done outside and there is no point to stay at home otherwise, unless it is a guild house
  • SixVoltCar
    SixVoltCar
    ✭✭✭
    Regretful that I made the purchase
    DoctorESO wrote: »
    After buying a limited-time Crown Store home, how do you typically feel?

Princely Dawnlight Palace (May 10-21, 2018): 14,000 / 17,500 crowns
    The Erstwhile Sanctuary (March 8-12, 2018): 13,000 / 16,250 crowns
    Pariah's Pinnacle (December 7, 2017-January 2, 2018): 13,000 / 16,250 crowns
    Exorcised Coven Cottage (October 19-November 1, 2017): 3,500 / 4,400 crowns
    Linchal Grand Manor (September 14-18, 2017): 14,000 / 17,500 crowns
    Tel Galen Tower (June 15-19, 2017): 8,000 / 10,000 crowns
    Grand Topal Hideaway (April 27-May 1, 2017): 15,000 / 18,800 crowns

Profoundly violated, because the crown store charges 2-3x what any item is actually worth in terms of development and use, as well as other costs such as convenience features, subscription, expansions. So I only did it once and will never do it again.
  • Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I'm not paying for any content that isn't delivered by an ESO Plus subscription.

• NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I will not buy this stuff

I want to have things to earn, but this game only focuses on charging limited time in terms of homes and cosmetics.

It’s really impacted my desire to play and or replay content. I don’t want a grind fest either, just a great experience with things to look forward to from casual gameplay as well as maybe some really cool homes from casual gameplay
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Sevalaricgirl
    Sevalaricgirl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Where's the Never bought one option. I've never gotten one. I think they are way way way too expensive. I only buy the middle homes even of the ones that are always in the store.
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad I made the purchase
    I've bought The Erstwhile Sanctuary, Grand Topal Hideaway and Exorcised Coven Cottage and have been happy with them. I bought them because I like the space/setting and spend a lot of time building.
    Edited by greylox on May 23, 2018 9:38AM
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

• Blud
    Blud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I wouldn't buy such a thing because I don't like the old hustle of adding time pressure + perceived exclusivity. There is no scarcity in the pixels. It's only there to manipulate.
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    I don't buy them so i have no regrets.
  • Blud
    Blud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I will not buy this stuff

I want to have things to earn, but this game only focuses on charging limited time in terms of homes and cosmetics.

It’s really impacted my desire to play and or replay content. I don’t want a grind fest either, just a great experience with things to look forward to from casual gameplay as well as maybe some really cool homes from casual gameplay

This is the ideal for me, too. But once a company starts going down the cash shop road, they don't ever go back to the pure gameplay focus again, it seems. Why would they?
  • TimidGazelle
    TimidGazelle
    ✭✭✭
    Glad I made the purchase
    Left4Daud wrote: »
    I’m curious for those that bought the Grand Topal Hideaway, how would you feel if ZOS offered and even bigger, better, more expensive (like 20k crowns) home? Would you consider upgrading? Or is Grand Topal the biggest these virtual homes will get I wonder.

I want more item space the most. If they added a bigger house it would suck because it would be mega empty. As it is, My island is a ghost town at max limit with eso+. I can no longer add new things without ruining something, because every piece of furniture was meticulously placed.
    Edited by TimidGazelle on May 23, 2018 9:56AM
  • Coatmagic
    Coatmagic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Refuse to pay exorbitant prices for what are essentially wayshrines at this point.
  • Chickenstein
    Chickenstein
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    ON TOP OF THE WORLD

... oh wait there's another one
    Orc Harvester: It's about picking flowers and smashing things
  • Astrid
    Astrid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I’ll never buy a house. Mounts and costumes at a push, but houses are pointless for me personally.
  • Digiman
    Digiman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    havent bought any other homes aside Tel Galen Tower because the others seem pretty *** for the price they are.

The Erstwhile Sanctuary seemed like a step in the right direction but the others were just unfit for my characters, doesn't help aldmeri dominion also has a *** notable home.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indifferent
    I bought the Pariah Pinnacle. I'm not sure I even realized at the time it was exclusive.

I like the space a lot.
    I'm not paying for any content that isn't delivered by an ESO Plus subscription.

I bought mine with crowns from ESO+, does that count? :-)
    The Moot Councillor
  • NovaMarx
    NovaMarx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad I made the purchase
    Wow, the negativity in these kind of posts is eyeroll-worthy.

If people have money to spend, and choose to do so in a game, why feel the need to be derogatory towards them? I see no difference in spending money on i.e. clothing or hobby items at a store vs. buying a digital item in a game - in the end, they are all just cosmetic/fun items which will be outlived at some point, but we enjoy our items while it lasts.

And before you start coming after me with any immature/unecessary comments, I spend my money on charities, doing things for friends and family, and taking care of my household - so if I want to treat myself to some silly things once in a while, who is anyone to judge?

Please don't be hateful towards others just because of something cosmetic or otherwise "pointless" item in a game - it's meant to be enjoyed by those who can and want to :heart:
    "Feet are for walking. Hands are for hitting. Or shaking. Or waving. Sometimes for clapping."
    - M'aiq the Liar
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    I don't have that much money to throw at a video game so I will never own one of those McCrownMansions
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Glad I made the purchase
    Wouldn't buy it if I weren't going to be happy after the purchase.

IOW, the "limited time" bit really doesn't matter to me. What matters is if it's something I want or not.

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
  • jssriot
    jssriot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I have only purchased the Witch's Hut, but for that you could also pay gold, which is why I got it. No regrets. Eventually i want to turn it into a werewolf playground but for now it's a storage lot.
    PC-NA since 2015. Tired and unimpressed.
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ....used.... :/
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    Nothing as I haven't purchased one and will never purchase one. Why am I responding to this thread then? Because you had "Other" as an option. :p
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I never buy any real $ cash shop houses
  • Soul_Marrow
    Soul_Marrow
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    Dirty...
    Edited by Soul_Marrow on May 23, 2018 1:51PM
  • BlanketFort
    BlanketFort
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Dirty
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Only bought the cottage and the cold harbour estate...both for gold not crowns.
  • Pkinggd
    Pkinggd
    Soul Shriven
    Regretful that I made the purchase
    Regretful, I bought the Princely Dawnlight Palace and i don't regret it because i don't like the house or i don't like the 700 space to decorate it, i mainly regret it because if you don't play this game for a while, and then come to the realization that you payed 105 dollars for a digital house, it Hurts alright... it really does... i wish i would have resisted and just didn't spend any money on these way way way way waaaay to overpriced micro transactions. I think these are the most expensive microtransactions of all the games i've ever played by a long shot.

So overall, i deeply regret it, and i will probably only spend money now if a dlc interests me or no money at all.
    Edited by Pkinggd on May 23, 2018 9:42PM
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    Left4Daud wrote: »
    I’m curious for those that bought the Grand Topal Hideaway, how would you feel if ZOS offered and even bigger, better, more expensive (like 20k crowns) home? Would you consider upgrading? Or is Grand Topal the biggest these virtual homes will get I wonder.

I want more item space the most. If they added a bigger house it would suck because it would be mega empty. As it is, My island is a ghost town at max limit with eso+. I can no longer add new things without ruining something, because every piece of furniture was meticulously placed.

^ This. How is it that no one really complains about item placing limits... I swear when housing first came out I thought it would be in the top 3 problems w/housing. Other than @TimidGazelle I haven't read anyone lamenting the space issue.

Is must just be a couple of us that have one place that we want to decorate and display ALL our achievements in crafting and adventuring. All my other houses I just use for storage of items I've removed, sadly, from my main home...
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Glad I made the purchase
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 22, 2018 9:49PM