The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

moved

DoctorESO
DoctorESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
moved
Edited by DoctorESO on September 22, 2018 9:49PM

moved 197 votes

Glad I made the purchase
36%
Riptidecazneerg_ESOHanokihsMrSibbyYulsVerboseQuipsixieAlienSlofLauranaeZiRMLivvyjevans1342nub18_ESOashigraykip_silverwolfTamrikAdernathSilverwillowG1CountdownPetitesseNovaMarx 71 votes
Regretful that I made the purchase
23%
Moloch1514rileynotzb14_ESOSqcNurtharikjaSheezabeastDarrettPkinggdLuvlyjubly1987KoovsterUvirythValsheresIluvrienSixVoltCarAmphithoeKatinasjrgray93VostornPaazhahdrimaakSovjetKingMagaw 46 votes
Indifferent
6%
WardenCommander.Costantinob14_ESOBluepitbull13AlnilamEweg0KhumbuGiantFruitFlyhitman2nineKeiruNicromCaveSquirrelElectrone_MagnusNeyaneEyro 12 votes
Other
34%
Tabbycatdriosketchhuntgod_ESOdodgehopper_ESONewBlacksmurfSteveCampsOutMarginisSkuaTryxusAelorinAstridLadyAstrumCoatmagicElara_NorthwindSkayaqIselinUloRosveenfalcasternub18_ESOChickenstein 68 votes
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Glad I made the purchase
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Glad I made the purchase
  • Eyro
    Eyro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Indifferent
    Im sort of in the middle. Ive only purchased one, but I doubt I’ll ever get another. I thought it was neat for about a week. Then I got tired of trying to find the items for decorating. Then I got annoyed when I began to understand that there was no way I could come close to making this look like I wanted with the item limit given. Even if I could find all the stuff.

It had a listed price and I paid it. So I don’t really regret it. But it did make me decide this sort of thing isn’t for me.
    Edited by Eyro on May 23, 2018 9:43AM
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    I refuse to buy artificially time limited items or exclusive crown store items etc. Never a good thing and something I won't support.
    PC EU AD
    Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
    High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
    Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I havent bought enough stuff like that to form an opinion.
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    Never will buy a limited time house. If they upped the placeables, then yes, in a heart beat id buy a "limited" time offer house.

Butt )(

I already bought an estate for gold. And gained other houses through regular play. Don't need a fancy palace unless it comes with actual perks and not just a "Oh , heres another place you can put stuff."

I WANT NO LIMITS.
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glad I made the purchase
    No regrets! I preview the home before I buy it and, if I didn't really want it, I wouldn't buy it.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dirty
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I'll let you know if I ever buy one. But to spend that kind of money on it I'd have to really love it so I can't imagine I'd be anything but happy.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I don't buy houses with crowns.
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
  • Anne_Firehawk
    Anne_Firehawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Troneon wrote: »
    I refuse to buy artificially time limited items or exclusive crown store items etc. Never a good thing and something I won't support.

100% agree, they can keep their Crownstore only stuff
    Anne Firehawk | Legate | Bringer of Light | Voice of Reason | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Magicka DK forever
    GUAR SQUAD OP
    All Hardmodes done, WTB content.
    Cancercrates are ruining the game

DD | Phoenix Reborn
    GM | Tamriels Emporium

#permabanAPFlippers
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glad I made the purchase
    It's not something I'd do lightly. That's a hell of a lot of money, and it takes me months to save up enough crowns. I've done it once, because it took me months, but I had plenty of warning about Dawnlight and I knew I was going to want it. I didn't buy it because it was limited, I bought it because I had planned to buy it. I will not buy any other limited homes that I haven't had months to plan for. Limited sales typically make me NOT buy things.
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Well up until now I never have, but the Colossal Aldmeri Grotto looks nice.
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!
  • phermitgb
    phermitgb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    not to mock or undermine your poll, but because "other" is an actual option...
    I haven't yet bought a limited time house, and my avoidance of buying them is partly personal, and partly SPECIFICALLY BECAUSE they're limited time offers...

basically, every time ZOS offers a limited time offer, the perceived "value" of the object, for me, diminishes, solely because I find it mildly insulting that that they're trying to manipulate me into buying something by applying pressure. Now, this doesn't mean I NEVER buy limited time items, but my reaction EVERY time a limited time item comes up is something along the lines of...well, I like it BUT...how much do I REALLY **NEED** to have it

basically, every time ZOS offers a limited time item, I much more closely scrutenize the cost/benefit value of the item - items that are up essentially forever (or at least long term), I'll buy on a whim occasionally, or buy because I'm bored and I've had my eye on them for awhile and I've got a pile of crowns stored up so why the hell not?...

but items that are limited time only. I very carefully study them, I think about all the situations in which I might want them - I think of all the things I want about them and examine carefully every little minor detail that bugs me

as an example (that you didn't ask for, but I'm going to offer it anyway) - the dark brotherhood sanctum, whatever it was called...

I found it initially intriguing - I kinda liked it, and after having seen the pariah's pinnacle (or whatever the super-skyrim remote ledge ruin thing was), I kinda wanted something similar - so I popped in, took a little tour - but after really, REALLY thinking about it, about deciding how I might furnish it, whether I'd use it for RP or if I found it a place that I found personally satisfying to just hang around in...and that obnoxious constant waterfall noise (the major turnoff for me), I decided...NOPE. for that much money, for that little satisfaction, and for the added cost of being rather lazily "pressured" into buying it - ZOS could kiss my shiny metal ass...

that's right ZOS - in addition to your rather ABSURD prices for digital housing to begin with, I ADD a factor of cost based on whether you're trying to shamelessly pressure me into buying something by making it limited time only

not only for housing, btw...I apply that increased cost factor to EVERYTHING...

anyway - that's *sort of* an answer to your poll, I hope...
    "There is no correct resolution; It's a test of character."
    James T. Kirk
  • Enokariel
    Enokariel
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    Never bought one with crowns, but I got the Exorcised cottage with gold.
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glad I made the purchase
    i'm a housing *** so /shrug

i mostly just dread all the gold i'm gonna lose furnishing it, then really enjoy putting everything together
  • _Salty_
    _Salty_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they release a Nord Keep than I will reach into my wallet. But nothing has inspired me to purchase a home yet of any type. Beside the coffers they offer me nothing. I can just port to a guild members house and use their stuff. Saves me alot of money.
    Psn l---Salty---l

Patiently waiting to make a Stankcromancer.
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only ever bought one of the houses from that list: Exorcised Coven Cottage.
    And I purchased it with gold. :/

I'm not willing to spend a ludicrous amount of real money on Crowns, just to buy an in-game house that serves me no real purpose. Especially since I'm house-hunting IRL and those euros could get me some neat new furnishing that I can actually use myself. xD
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • Mgghool
    Mgghool
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    I have never bought one as none of them was good enough. I just do not see any added value compared to regular not time limited houses, not mentioning they are mostly in not that great locations
  • Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m curious for those that bought the Grand Topal Hideaway, how would you feel if ZOS offered and even bigger, better, more expensive (like 20k crowns) home? Would you consider upgrading? Or is Grand Topal the biggest these virtual homes will get I wonder.
  • ShadowMonarch
    ShadowMonarch
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was really wanting that undead horse that went away when summerset came out, but now I dont have it and I am glad I saved the 30$ Simply too much money for a mount, Not justifiable. Mounts in my personal opinion should never be more then 10bucks for the coolest ones.

:yum:
    Edited by ShadowMonarch on May 23, 2018 6:50AM
  • Audrena
    Audrena
    ✭✭✭
    I was really wanting that undead horse that went away when summerset came out, but now I dont have it and I am glad I saved the 30$

I bought the pack with the DLC, mount and pet, and did so ONLY because it was going away - and even then, that's mainly because I missed out on the Clockwork City collector's bundle which I forgot would be going away (they didn't put a timer on it...)

So it was a bit of a "not gonna miss out on this one, regardless of how much I want it or don't want it" (and since the DLC is dungeons, that wasn't a factor for me). So yeah, the time-limiting thing works. Kinda. I still feel salty I missed out on the Clockwork City bundle, and on PS4 my Warden is salty she has no way of getting the slate-coloured bear. Even greedy Blizzard lets you buy the Collector bundles for a couple of YEARS... just saying...

As for the cost of the undead horse and pet... well, they're Crowns I had anyway from subscribing. But that doesn't negate the fact that those Crowns are still worth about $40.. ;)
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I thought I could get used to the pustule-esqe appearance of Tel Galen over time.

I was wrong.

Real Telvanni style tower please!
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad I made the purchase
    However, a friend gave me some money for it so it was effectively cheaper for me.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • idrankyourbeer
    idrankyourbeer
    ✭✭✭
    it feels like i'm throwing money at my screen baby!
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I don't see the point of buying something exclusive like that for real life money. Like... Why? What makes you want to buy it? Just because its exclusive?
    Edited by Nyladreas on May 23, 2018 8:03AM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO Gold poor, as I realise I can't decorate the damn thing.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    None of them were ever very appealing and all of them are way too expensive. To me, it's a lose-lose.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    I don't...ever. So all I can do is either feel sympathy or laugh at you who do depending on my mood.

I've been subbing for 4 years... that's what they'll get out of me and not a penny more.
  • Blutengel
    Blutengel
    ✭✭✭
    Glad I made the purchase
    I only ever bought the Exorcised Coven Cottage. Very happy to have it.
    Time for reckless audacity and derring-do!~
    Crow-Friend Warden
    Najara the Crusader Templar
    Thomasin the Witch Necro
    R.I.P Vet ranks...