The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Why i pay for eso+?

Avnr
Avnr
✭✭✭
Unable to go to Summerset... that a really sad joke

as a pay member..

no rings and no new skills for you paying member!

this is becoming worse then those other p2m mmo's
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People had the exact same reactions when Morrowind arrived. Take a look at Morrowind now :p
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This was all outlined in the announcement article. It works the same way Morrowind did last year.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • Aebaradath
    Aebaradath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We've been over this with Morrowind.

It's a Chapter, not a DLC so ESO+ won't give access to it.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crafting bag and crowns subscription. Thats pretty much what it boils down to.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is part of why I don't pay for ESO+. I buy the DLC directly when I want it, I buy chapters directly when I want them, same process no matter how the marketing department try to dress it up. It makes everything much simpler for me.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

to be fair tho
    personally am thankful enough for the Crafting Bag and expanded storage space
    as to be willing to pay a monthly fee for them even if ESO+ were more aptly named
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • CO_Gibbs
    CO_Gibbs
    ✭✭
    It's really no different than most subscription based MMOs, except ESO allows you to play without a subscription. All WoW expansions, GW2, SWTOR etc expansions were a required purchase outside of the base game+sub.

I have no problems paying for ESO+ because I'm a hoarded and losing the craft bag would kill the game for me.
    PC NA. 'Gibbs - G'ibbs - Gibbs'
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have 3 stars under your avatar, and joined the forums in march 2016 and your just finding this out now?
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be willing to bet that in roughly one year from now, it will be included with ESO+. You're welcome to wait.
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Samadhi wrote: »
    technohic wrote: »

to be fair tho
    personally am thankful enough for the Crafting Bag and expanded storage space
    as to be willing to pay a monthly fee for them even if ESO+ were more aptly named

True enough. I gather whatever I can so its generally worth it to me.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CO_Gibbs wrote: »
    It's really no different than most subscription based MMOs, except ESO allows you to play without a subscription. All WoW expansions, GW2, SWTOR etc expansions were a required purchase outside of the base game+sub.

I have no problems paying for ESO+ because I'm a hoarded and losing the craft bag would kill the game for me.

Minor correction: Guild Wars 2 doesn't have a sub, not even an optional one. They have a system where people who play regularly get the 'living story' (aka DLC) for free, but you don't pay for that, you just log in during it's release period.

And I'm fairly certain SWTOR's model is the same as ESO - the sub is optional but unlocks some features non-subscribers can't use. So (of your examples) it's really only WoW that requires you to subscribe and buy expansions, but they can get away with using an old fashioned business model because they've been hanging onto many of the same players since subscriptions were standard practice.

But you're right that they all require players to buy expansions separately (as far as I know, I really only play ESO and GW2.)
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Rain_Greyraven
    Rain_Greyraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Free DLC's never meant a suicide pact, where Zenimax gave you everything Free forever.

People need to get over things.
    Edited by Rain_Greyraven on May 21, 2018 3:30PM
    "Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.”

― Robert E. Howard

So you want to be a game developer? Here is the best way to go about it.
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    majulook wrote: »
    You have 3 stars under your avatar, and joined the forums in march 2016 and your just finding this out now?

Pretty sure he knew already, but is just being deliberately obtuse for the purpose of this thread.
  • socivL
    socivL
    ✭✭✭
    hahah
    2 templars - 1 cup
  • CrusaderNINE
    CrusaderNINE
    Soul Shriven
    I'm having some weird deja vu, like I've seen this all before...
  • seipher09
    seipher09
    ✭✭✭✭
    Think of wow or final fantasy, they require a monthly sub but still require you to pay for expansions.

Honestly the Eso membership is the best as you get crafting bag plus the crowns so you save tons of money on crowns and get all the dlc stuff included. The crowns alone are worth it.

Keep in mind the cost for game developers to add stuff is actually costly and they always need extra money so that's why they added this. I still have plenty to do before I even buy the chapter so I'll wait. We pay money we get content.

Keep in mind to you spend $10 to see a movie in theatres that's 2 to 3 hours of entertainment. In Eso the $40?(not sure if price) should last over over 9 hours of fun. Video games overall are a cheap price of entertainment :)
  • MrKit
    MrKit
    ✭✭✭
    I am relatively poor and still believe my ESO+ membership to be a good value. It gives me unlimited inventory space for crafting supplies. Without this, I simply wouldn't craft. I have the DLCs, which are entertaining. The Crowns are nice to use. And who can forget the Double Transmutation Crystals? Once I figure out what transmutation crystals are, I'll be so glad that they are doubled for me. It's also nice to get a little extra boost in experience when I play.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If OP is thinking this thread will lead to Zos changing things he is a year late.

Since Zos has repeated the chapter for a second year it seems it proved to be a successful model for them. They also added double bank space on top of the crafting bag to the ESO+ benefits.

If you really are that upset about not having access to Summerset then drop the sub. It is a choice. Personally the crafting bag is sweeeeeet. The double bank space is also nice.
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have ESO+ for the Crafting Bag and to support ESO.

On a side note, this may sound strange but I am glad some people do not sub ( for a selfish reason ). Since they do not have the crafting bag they do not have the room to store all the mats and they have to but them from Guild Traders. Thank you for buying from me.
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.