The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Princely dawnlight palace - accessing towers

Hallothiel
Hallothiel
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Can you access the tops of the wall towers via planks etc or are they blocked off, like the roof of the small house in bangkorai - would like to know before possibly spending saved crowns.
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes you can - and same with the towers atop the Palace roof. I love this house!

Oh and the best way to light the interior (because it's WAY too dark, Devs...) is with Culanda and/or Varla stones (which were on the luxury trader a few months back).
    Edited by LadyLethalla on May 18, 2018 11:42PM
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017Proud member of the Aetherium Alliance.Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ta - so I can get to the little blue roofed pergolas overlooking the sea?
  • 16BitForestCat
    16BitForestCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hallothiel wrote: »
    Ta - so I can get to the little blue roofed pergolas overlooking the sea?

Yup! In fact, you can use the extremely tall Redguard pillars standing at several points in the courtyard. They make good bridges that match the rest of the decor. It only took two pillars to make a bridge from the roof of the palace (another place you're "not supposed" to go, but my partner made a Daedric Throne bridge to the roof from the sea wall, haha) to one of the blue-roofs.

There are some invisible walls on the palace roof area that are kind of random, but you can usually get around them merely by moving a few steps to one side or the other.
    PC/NA. Alliance agnostic: all factions suck and should go touch grass together.
    If you ever wonder why certain official fandom spaces are so often toxic, remember: corruption starts from the top.
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I put lighting in all the blue roofed towers :smiley:

x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017Proud member of the Aetherium Alliance.Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • beebay
    beebay
    ✭✭✭
    I put lighting in all the blue roofed towers :smiley:

I did too. Also daedric braziers give off an it ton of light if you don’t have Varla stones. They look more natural too.
    Edited by beebay on May 19, 2018 4:07PM
  • Aimora
    Aimora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would love to see pics if you guys have time :)
    Aimora Gilidhren - 50 Hybrid Sorcerer
    Aimae Gilihdril - 50Templar Healer
    Aimsae Astasia - 50 Templar Tank
    Aimellie Halfpenny - 50 Nightblade spinning DPS
    Sofae Ethelbur - 50 Dragonknight Tank
    Sha'Mash 50 - Nightblade - Former Empress
    Saelenor Wilihfren 50 - Templar No. 3
    Seliene Harbingerin 50 - DK in training
    Aims For Equanimity 10 - Magicka DK

Circle of the Phoenix - Guild Mistress
    Elysium - Guild 2nd in Command
    Auridon Trading Company - Joint GM

Looking for a friendly, progress focused guild check us out at thecircleofthephoenix.gamerlaunch.com/

Check me out at Anook anook.com/aimora
  • Oakthorn
    Oakthorn
    ✭✭
    Hi there, the idea with the giant columns is great, have to try that.

As for the lighting issues, I put lights (candles, mostly the simple tealights) into the fountains in the main hall. It's supposed to become halls of golden water / streams and outside a paradise garden (not finished by far - under construction, so to say).
    The water glitters as the flames give a dynamic effect.

Also I used mainly the mentioned daedric braziers for lighting the ceiling of the hall, as they give a really bright light and it looks less like a church then. Varla stones are good too, but I didn't want a blue and more natural light.

c8gnbr5285ig.jpg
    9gu7kci41yba.jpg

Edit: Just tried accessing the towers. It works with the columns, but that's not final as it looks now. I tried to light the towers with the Orcish Brazier, snowswept column as it has the most powerful fire (like a beacon for ships) but they are too long to fit in the tower. But you have a free view over the ocean (pic 3). Great for a lookout.

3ozvx51ymn23.jpg
    vk9ydrqhturn.jpg
    uuhblmz06ddu.jpg

Edited by Oakthorn on May 20, 2018 1:15PM
  • Aimora
    Aimora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you :)
    Aimora Gilidhren - 50 Hybrid Sorcerer
    Aimae Gilihdril - 50Templar Healer
    Aimsae Astasia - 50 Templar Tank
    Aimellie Halfpenny - 50 Nightblade spinning DPS
    Sofae Ethelbur - 50 Dragonknight Tank
    Sha'Mash 50 - Nightblade - Former Empress
    Saelenor Wilihfren 50 - Templar No. 3
    Seliene Harbingerin 50 - DK in training
    Aims For Equanimity 10 - Magicka DK

Circle of the Phoenix - Guild Mistress
    Elysium - Guild 2nd in Command
    Auridon Trading Company - Joint GM

Looking for a friendly, progress focused guild check us out at thecircleofthephoenix.gamerlaunch.com/

Check me out at Anook anook.com/aimora
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get yourself the Magic Carpet addon and you can walk all over the place. You can even walk / build out over the water towards the statue of Hubalajad in the bay. And it's easy to build a bridge from the wall tower closest to the city over to the roof of the palace, which is fully accessable. Some nice views up there! And yes, you can access the back area of the waterfalls in the main hall, and you can go all the way up to the ceiling inside the dome, it would be a cool place to build a little crafting area, not hard to lay some planking from the balcony up to the inner roof.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.