Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Targeting and Bankers and crafting Turn-ins

Vandellia
Vandellia
✭✭✭
I am so completely tired of the inadequate targeting system in the game for many reasons.
1. During high density times and player crowding it can be painful to get the proper machine/npc/item selected.
2. For some reason items at or near the crafting turn ins and bankers totally and completely ignore the do not auto loot stolen items fix this or remove the items if this is intentional then it is viewed by my fellow players as being intentionally done with malicious intent.
3. targeting nodes for gathering can be serious pain as you may have to back up and reapproach several times before you can gather.
4. approach a workbench and see it listed in the target yet when you click you can occasionally get the nearby npc for no apparent reason.
  • ezeepeezee
    ezeepeezee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only #2 is ever really a problem for me.
  • hellhound223
    hellhound223
    ✭✭✭
    I've had problems with node targeting, though it's typically when I've just finished killing a group of enemies nearby. I have to wait what seems like an eternity to harvest the node because the interact option won't pop up despite the fact that I'm no longer in combat.
    PC-NA
  • Night_Watch
    Night_Watch
    ✭✭✭
    This has annoyed me for so long! I can sort of understand number 1 and number 3, while anoying, is really only a problem when another player runs in and 'steals' the node - especially when you've just killed a mob and targeting the node fails. I would include chests in number 3 or as a seperate item.

While number 4 may seem like a minor issue it can happen many times in a row and be very frustrating. If doing daily crafting quests number 4 can become a very annoying when it happens at different crafting 'benches'. I've tried approaching 'benches' from different angles but number 4 can still happen even when the NPC walks away from 'bench' and the area seems well clear of the NPC.

For me, number 2 can be a daily event or even happen many times in a day! This is particularly annoying if a guard is nearby and nabs the character for an entirely accidental 'theft'. There have been times my character has been nabbed for accidental theft while having many (deliberately) stolen items and Ive been lucky enough to be able to run away - usually into water.

Wether any of the points discussed here are due to deliberate practice by the developers or simply accidental is, I'm sure, debatable. The fact that I have read about these issues many times and not seen any resolution indicates to me one of two things. Either the developers do not see the issues as needing a solution or the issues, especially number 2, are deliberate. If number 2 is deliberate we can argue that the player must take extra care in such situation or that the developers, for whatever reason, are not interested in listening to players and offering resolution of the issue and some players will (inevitably in these forums) see malicious intent here.

Anyway! That's my '2 bits' I'm sure not all will agree -so be it. :smile:

"If there is an underlying oneness of all things, it does not matter where we begin, whether with stars, or laws of supply and demand, or frogs, or Napoleon Bonaparte. One measures a circle, beginning anywhere."

Charles Fort - Lo! (1931)
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For some reason items at or near the crafting turn ins and bankers totally and completely ignore the do not auto loot stolen items fix this or remove the items if this is intentional then it is viewed by my fellow players as being intentionally done with malicious intent

:/ stop being paranoid its just a very very very low priority its like the 1000th thing on their to do list.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I definitely have experienced #2 and #3, with an overwhelming preference towards fixing #2 as a priority issue.

Edit : priority compared to the other issues listed here, not priority over everything.
    Edited by Recremen on May 18, 2018 4:24AM
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • alenae1b14_ESO
    alenae1b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    There must be some sort of targeting "lock out" that occurs when 2 people attempt to target/harvest the same node. There is a delay at the next node and the "E" is greyed out. So you have to spam your "use" key. It's very annoying along with the "lock out delay" that occurs after killing and attempting to harvest.
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The set up to get you thieving is not debatable. Its very clearly intentional. The reason the auto loot doesn't work is because its an item that is just sitting there. Its not in a container.

What i dont know is if there is an automated system in place to alert the dev who did it every time there is forum qq on the issue. Ive never met any if them, but someone thinks its rotfl hilarious that it happens to people. Its a game. They should be trying to trick you. How can there be a fun game with no surprises? It makes perfect sense when you see it for what it is.

Slow the f down when turning in writs, pay attention when you talk to people and when it does happen, remember to have a laugh and not a cry. Its a game!
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had problems with node targeting, though it's typically when I've just finished killing a group of enemies nearby. I have to wait what seems like an eternity to harvest the node because the interact option won't pop up despite the fact that I'm no longer in combat.

That means the game still thinks you are in combat. I have an addon which paints the ompass red when I'm fighting and it was always red when I couldn't loot a harvest node. As soon as it went back to normal - ie. "not in combat" -, I could loot the node.