The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Would you pay crowns for more housing slots?

• TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, id prefer not to spend crowns on housing sltos
    They should be free, already included in game.
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even ZO$ say that the item limits are not satisfactory, and they are trying to find ways to increase them. We have all been waiting for a long time for this to happen. Therefore, when it does, I would not expect them to take advantage of their customers' need for a cap raise by selling it either for gold or Crowns.

Any increase, when it arrives, should simply be added to the existing cap. This would generally be thought of as fair by the housing playerbase. Selling extra slots in whatever form would be seen as a sorry attitude.
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. I demand free server memory. I don't care if other people with worse computers than me can't load. They should stop being poor or cheap and upgrade so I can stuff my house with crap and make it look cluttered and messy just like my house irl
  • Dystopia2020
    Dystopia2020
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, i want all the slots
    Of course I want them free, but if you already own a large notable home you probably want more slots. Erstwhile is very hard to decorate the way I want at the current cap.
    The current item slot limit keeps me from buying another super large house with crowns, so maybe I should be thankful to ZOS for saving me money. :p
    Apotheosis Priori~ EP Altmer Vamplar
    Illumanatus Priori~ EP Altmer Mag Sorc
    Apostate Priori~ EP Altmer Mag DK
    Apostate De'Void~ (retired) AD Altmer crafter
    PC/ NA, Vivec
    This is the Spiral Skein. The tower is One. The strands are Eight. The lessons are Forever.
    "No really, I AM an Ayleid".
  • Shadowdream
    Shadowdream
    ✭✭✭
    We need more slots, but it would be a really cruddy move on ZOS's part to put them in the crown store.
  • Tucker3711
    Tucker3711
    ✭✭✭
    Sltos... Am I seeing this correctly or am I going Dyslexic..?
    @Tucker311- PC
    Tucker3711
    Nord Beth Rose (EP)
    Imperial Freya Var (DC)
    High Elf Hestia du foyer (AD)
    Wood Elf Epona Caoin (AD)
    Hotstuff Queen
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    Ley wrote: »
    ZOS did mention that they'd like to increase housing slots but are being held back by consoles.

I think people assumed it was consoles when ZOS mentioned performance issues. More likely they were talking about the need to raise minimum system requirements on PC if they increased slots. Not all PC users are playing on the latest and greatest. These are the minimum required now.

Windows 7 64-bit; Intel® Core i3 540 or AMD A6-3620
    3GB System RAM
    85GB free HDD space
    DirectX 11 compliant video card with 1 GB of RAM (NVIDIA® GeForce® 460 / AMD Radeon™ 6850) or higher
    DirectX compatible sound card
    Internet broadband connection

I think the consoles all beat these requirements?

If that’s the minimum PC standards for ESO, then ZOS should raise them. Why should the rest of us suffer for those .01% that might have computers at the minimum standards.. I3 with 3GB of RAM? Really? I couldn’t imagine the pain :)

• Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Id prefer not to have to pay but would be willing to. Could be like buying bank space. Pay for 100, eso+ turns it into 200 total.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on the crowns/slot cost... but I would really like to upgrade my house, to add more stuff
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, I won't pay for extra slots with Crowns. Gold, maybe, but crowns? No.

But then, I have only purchased 2 houses with Crowns - Tel Galen for 10k and Lake Amaya for 8.8K. That was enough. Not paying EVEN MORE crowns just to be able to put more stuff in them.

IF it were also for gold and was a system whereby all your houses at the given size level would be increased, then MAYBE I'd purchase with Crowns.

But, given the cost of the extra outfit slots, do you really think it would be anything other than 1,000 crowns for 10 slots for 1 house?

ETA: ZOS has found a way to monetize virtually everything we've been begging them for. Extra slots for houses wouldn't be any different, though I'd LOVE to be surprised and they add this as a free update.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on May 14, 2018 8:34PM
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need more slots, but it would be a really cruddy move on ZOS's part to put them in the crown store.

Why exactly? The current system is clearly a cost:slots/size equation.

Even in the event they increase slots, it isnt a flat value it will scale based on house size
  • The_Remover
    The_Remover
    Soul Shriven
    The houses have ridiculous prices. If you buy a giant home, it shouldn't be so easy to hit the item limit since all the items have a cost too. No, they do not need to triple-dip in getting in-game and out-of-game currency out of us.
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't think it is even the case of wanting more slots at this stage, I think we NEED them! Princely Dawnlight Palace, one of my favourite homes ever to be released, did I buy it? Nope. I see no point in buying it, because it's not like I can actually decorate it all, so it would just be throwing money away. I haven't actually purchased any of the huge new homes that have been released, which I undoubtedly would have, were we able to place more than 700 items in them!

It would be nice, of course, if ZOS would just give us more item slots, but... This is ZOS, so if we do ever get them, I think that the crown store would likely be the only way. I cannot imagine them giving away more slots for free :neutral:
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The houses have ridiculous prices. If you buy a giant home, it shouldn't be so easy to hit the item limit since all the items have a cost too. No, they do not need to triple-dip in getting in-game and out-of-game currency out of us.

I have hit the item limit in all of my homes, although I am careful to only buy homes on the live server that I know I will be able to decorate with the item limit available. If you have almost all of the furnishing plans, and lots of materials, the cost of decorating isn't really that high, and as a subscriber you can purchase any extra little bits with monthly crowns if need be :wink:

• Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Extra slots should be an option of:

* a set amount of crowns for a "block" of slots. Like 1000 crowns for 50 slots lets say.

Or

* you can buy for gold where each successive block of slots cost increasingly more gold, like bank/bag space.

• Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Why exactly? The current system is clearly a cost:slots/size equation.

Even in the event they increase slots, it isnt a flat value it will scale based on house size

The fact that increases, if they were to happen, may scale with house sizes is another concern, because some homes which are in the same category's are not even close to being the same size, and the item limits should reflect this.

Cliffshade has the same item limit as Mounoth Keep, despite Mournoth Keep being much much bigger and Cliffshade not even having a garden (please give Cliffshade a little garden! :wink: ) Daggerfall Overlook has the same item limit as some of the new huge homes like Princely Dawnlight Palace and Hakkvild's High Hall, and even the new boat house, which is the largest one by far.

The sizing is so out it is crazy! There should be more category's for house sizes, and one of those category's needs to have more than 700 slots!

• Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want them so badly for some houses that I would spend my precious crowns on them!

It would be nicer if ZoS would give us the slots for free or via gold though.
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Extra slots should be an option of:

* a set amount of crowns for a "block" of slots. Like 1000 crowns for 50 slots lets say.

Or

* you can buy for gold where each successive block of slots cost increasingly more gold, like bank/bag space.

I don't like either of those examples, and I'm sure you don't really either.

1000 crowns for 50 slots? I may be a whale, but I wouldn't pay that price for such a miserly amount of slots.

And the option for gold....as we all know, the price for bag and bank space gets out of hand after the first few levels.

@ZOS if you are reading this....don't even think about it!