The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Would you pay crowns for more housing slots?

Aliyavana
Aliyavana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Just a wink wink to zos. Incase zos might be holding housing slot increase aside from a technical standpoint

Would you pay crowns for more housing slots? 158 votes

Yes, i want all the slots
37%
daryl.rasmusenb14_ESOCatsmoke14GeekgirlSigtricdaniel.13b16_ESOAimoraElara_NorthwindMixAsha_11_ESOLivvyTavore1138OmniDoJoanOfOrcbellatrixedTerraDewBerryactoshbadmojomateozBlacknight841Dystopia2020 60 votes
No, id prefer not to spend crowns on housing sltos
56%
ImryllAnthony_ArndtMoloch1514alenae1b14_ESOShadowdreamAelorinHrogunIruil_ESOixiekwisatzdennissomb16_ESOstarlizard70ub17_ESOLoralai_907falcasternub18_ESOKorah_Eaglecryjevans1342nub18_ESOElsonsobottleofsyrupLinaleahEvergnar 89 votes
No, but i dont care bout housing either
5%
DaveMoeDeeWillhelmBlackaubrey.baconb16_ESOMgghoolredspecter23UrbanMonkplaysforfunWarbow7ccfeeling 9 votes
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should be free. Subbing is already paying for more slots. Shouldn't have to pay even more on top of that.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on May 11, 2018 8:12AM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should be free.

agreed but unlikely. I just really want more housing slots at this point
    Edited by Aliyavana on May 11, 2018 8:13AM
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Where's the only if it's part of the game and not part of the 'Crown Store' option
    but then housing is almost as expensive in game as rl :open_mouth:
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    should be part of being subbed.
    why should i pay to be able to make full use of a bigger house?
    did i not pay for the bigger house already?

besides, if they rolled more slots into being subbed i can put money on it that subs would happen more as many like minded people enjoy building up a house... tho i never have visitors because i'm a loner.... ok i just suck at making friends, but hey, i recreated what my elder scrolls home would be like tho it needs more slots for final touches
    Edited by dsalter on May 11, 2018 8:17AM
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I might consider it, but only if I had run out of existing slots which I'm nowhere near doing.
  • KeiruNicrom
    KeiruNicrom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Want it free but still would pay. If it is per house like the outfits are i would be less inclined however
  • Anastian
    Anastian
    ✭✭✭
    If it's permanent and doesn't require me to subscribe, I'd pay for this over the monthly eso+ sub. I prefer owning things than renting them in general
  • Istoppucks
    Istoppucks
    ✭✭✭✭
    Should be free. Subbing is already paying for more slots. Shouldn't have to pay even more on top of that.

Yeah we know how the vocal minority treat free things around here. Even if they were FREE they would still complain.
  • Geekgirl
    Geekgirl
    ✭✭✭
    A coin option would be ideal as well, but I would do crowns.
    PC/NA - Perpetually casual. Furniture and fish collector. Lover of exploration and opener of urns.
    Maxed CPs, still no clue how to endgame, too much time opening urns, prolly.
    Eve Morrison - Templar DPS - Furniture Crafter/Maker of Arms - Co-op w/hubby/achievements/crafting
    Jilly Narraway - MagDK DPS - Delves/Dungeons/Dolmans - She murders ALL THE THINGS!
    Fynn the Lucky - Warden Tank -- Seer of things/Explorer of places - RP/Solo/Storyline/Completionist
    Siluna Southpaw - StamDK DPS slippery-fingered type/Murder hobo - RP/Solo/Storyline
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I would create an all crafting station hub for each craftable set, I guess at some point 700 slots would not be enough.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, but i dont care bout housing either
    Players already pay for more slots through the monthly sub. Unlike some other aspects of the game, if you're really into housing, you pretty much have to sub. If I'm mainly a pvp player, the sub isn't necessary and I can even work around the lack of craft bag if I have to. Housing players have no choice.
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Istoppucks wrote: »

Yeah we know how the vocal minority treat free things around here. Even if they were FREE they would still complain.

I can see it now...

~"Due to popular demand, we've decided to increase the capacity for items and players in all homes by 30% and as our way of thanking you, this upgrade will be free for all players."

"WE'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS SINCE HOMESTEAD AND ALL YOU'RE GIVING US IS 30%!! I QUIT! BUY NEW SERVERS AND GIVE US WHAT WE WANT!!"

"How about you fix the lag before making other changes to the game!"

"I don't care about housing, I'm still waiting for you to take away the crown store! Your greed is killing this game! We shouldn't have to pay for anything after buying the base game!"

"Great increased storage for houses that I can't afford! All houses should be available for gold and shouldn't cost more than 500 gold!"

:D
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would not pay for more housing slots. But if you want to put some more money into the game, please, feel free.
    PC EU
  • JaZ2091
    JaZ2091
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1500 crowns for 10 slots lol.
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Making more housing slots free would go a long way for ZOS considering all the negativity revolving around their heavy monetization of the game.

Im sure a lot of people spend a good bit of money on Crown Store Housing Items as it is. And giving players more free slots to fill for their homes would likely drive up sales. But knowing ZOS theyll likely want to charge a premium for the extra slots.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Fiktius
    Fiktius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just imagine how expensive purchasing crown store exclusive houses would become if people want to properly decorate house which won't be half empty or very dark. If they should pay extra money for housing slots even after ESO + subscription...
  • Aimora
    Aimora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want it free too but just want more slots at this stage no longer buying any more houses due to the frustration of the limited slot system :(
    Aimora Gilidhren - 50 Hybrid Sorcerer
    Aimae Gilihdril - 50Templar Healer
    Aimsae Astasia - 50 Templar Tank
    Aimellie Halfpenny - 50 Nightblade spinning DPS
    Sofae Ethelbur - 50 Dragonknight Tank
    Sha'Mash 50 - Nightblade - Former Empress
    Saelenor Wilihfren 50 - Templar No. 3
    Seliene Harbingerin 50 - DK in training
    Aims For Equanimity 10 - Magicka DK

Circle of the Phoenix - Guild Mistress
    Elysium - Guild 2nd in Command
    Auridon Trading Company - Joint GM

Looking for a friendly, progress focused guild check us out at thecircleofthephoenix.gamerlaunch.com/

Check me out at Anook anook.com/aimora
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't be surprised if this is the way things are going. As has been said above, people interested in housing are already paying for double slots which are still not enough in the giant homes ZOS is releasing as crown exclusive. 700 slots with sub is insanely low for the size of the crown exclusive homes.

Furnished Princely Dawnlight looks half-moved in and costs 17,500 crowns for that furnished version.

If the provided slots were reasonable (both with and without ESO+), I wouldn't find this as problematic but, as it stands, the furnishing slots are severely lacking and basically require anyone serious about housing to sub anyway. Charging on top of that for extra slots when the team KNOWS AND HAS ACKNOWLEDGED slot limitations are a problem would be a huge slap in the face.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope. I already sub, buy chapters and buy crowns occasionally. That's enough.
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS did mention that they'd like to increase housing slots but are being held back by consoles.
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be happy to pay crowns for housing slots as long as it was a reasonable price and the amount of slots I got was a fair exchange. I'm going to give, ZOS a hint... if you do find a way to give us more housing slots and you charge crowns for it.. I would, if I were you.. try and be fair and generous about it. Players have waited for more housing slots for a long time.. this would not be the time to be greedy with your players.
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It'd be nice if it were free. If it weren't, whether I'd pay or not would depend on the price & how it was done.

(i.e, a small fee for a 10-20% increase to all my houses? Maybe. A large fee for a small increase to one house? No. Like Outfit slots - if it'd been 1500 for account wide, I might have bought one. 1500 for a single slot on a single character? *^%$ no.)
  • Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is the money I already pay not enough?
    [PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

• Syncronaut
    Syncronaut
    ✭✭✭
    Only if the price is right.

Something like this:
    30-300 slots = 600 crowns (it applys to ALL YOUR HOUSES, not just one)

Can upgrade up to 6 times. But it also depends on house size:

(all is double with sub as basic)
    Furnishings Cap - Inn 15 -) 30* +30 +30 +30 +30 + 30 +30 (crown upgrade 6 times)
    = total space with crowns only 165, with sub 180

Furnishings Cap - Apartment 50 -) 100 + 100x6 = 650 no sub, 700 sub
    Furnishings Cap - Small Home 100 -) 200 + 200x6 = and so on
    Furnishings Cap - Medium Home 200 -) 400
    Furnishings Cap - Large Home 300 -) 600
    Furnishings Cap - Manor 300 -) 600 =) 2400 slots is more than enogh
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stop giving them ideas .
  • MajesticHaruki
    MajesticHaruki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care just give me more slots and capes
    PC/EU @MajThorax Sorcerer and Housing Decorator prodigy
    In my spare time I collect materials and run away from mudcrabs
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yet another crown exclisive thing, which should be in the base game for free? No.
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ley wrote: »
    ZOS did mention that they'd like to increase housing slots but are being held back by consoles.

I think people assumed it was consoles when ZOS mentioned performance issues. More likely they were talking about the need to raise minimum system requirements on PC if they increased slots. Not all PC users are playing on the latest and greatest. These are the minimum required now.

Windows 7 64-bit; Intel® Core i3 540 or AMD A6-3620
    3GB System RAM
    85GB free HDD space
    DirectX 11 compliant video card with 1 GB of RAM (NVIDIA® GeForce® 460 / AMD Radeon™ 6850) or higher
    DirectX compatible sound card
    Internet broadband connection

I think the consoles all beat these requirements?
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Want moar slots. Want ALL THE SLOTS!

I'll admit that it isn't ideal from a game health perspective, but I would really, really like to finish a couple of projects.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Want moar slots. Want ALL THE SLOTS!

I'll admit that it isn't ideal from a game health perspective, but I would really, really like to finish a couple of projects.

we want more slots!
    Edited by Aliyavana on May 12, 2018 7:48AM