The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Option to get rid of homes please

• Cladius30
    Cladius30
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leave housing mechanics as is.

or make options
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An option to get rid of homes you don't want anymore...considering homes also work as free wayshrines and furniture storage, I don't think I'd get rid of any of mine. :P
    Edited by TonyRockaroni on May 9, 2018 10:38PM
  • Cladius30
    Cladius30
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An option to get rid of homes you don't want anymore...considering homes also work as free wayshrines and furniture storage, I don't think I'd get rid of any of mine. :P

great..
  • Allypage
    Allypage
    ✭✭
    Idea #1 be able to swap a house for a different house of equal or lesser value furnishing go into storage to use in new house.. with a limit of once .

Idea #2 Sell back to Crown store for gold

Also It would be nice to be able to sell back furniture that doesn't work out. .. wrong size, style etc..

I have plans to buy more .. I don't have issues with multiple houses
    Edited by Allypage on May 9, 2018 11:12PM
  • Cladius30
    Cladius30
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Allypage wrote: »
    Idea #1 be able to swap a house for a different house of equal or lesser value furnishing go into storage to use in new house.. with a limit of once .

Idea #2 Sell back to Crown store for gold

Also It would be nice to be able to sell back furniture that doesn't work out. .. wrong size, style etc..

I have plans to buy more .. I don't have issues with multiple houses

It would also be nice to just have an option to get rid of houses you have bought.
    Edited by Cladius30 on May 15, 2018 11:53PM
  • ed7878
    ed7878
    ✭✭
    This is a great idea. Or even refund it for crowns. I’ve bought several houses that turned out to feel like they weren’t worth it.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would not want to see the option to sell homes, either to other players, or back to the system. However, any improvement to the management of multiple homes, such as designating a primary residence for each character, as well as the one for the account, would be welcome.

I like to park my characters at their own "home" when I switch, and any convenience feature to assist that would help both me and my visitors.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cladius30 wrote: »
    OP, it's not like you have to pay maintenance costs or property taxes like IRL homes.

Crap, did I just suggest another gold sink? Hope the devs don't read this post.

i guess a lot of people that reply to this discussion are missing the entire point..
    the point is myself and many other people feel that you should have an option to get rid of previously acquired properties.
    its nice that a lot of people don't care.. or don't mind.. that's good for you... cool.
    for us its not. oh and also this would be a OPTION not something that forces you to get rid of your homes or creates accidental situations where you remove them.. no this would be the same idea as deleting a character.. for those who want it.

I admit this is pure curiosity on my part and if you don't care to answer, that's fine but why did you buy them in the first place?

i haven't bought one yet. my issue is if i do buy one them i'm stuck with it

Wait...I'm confused. So you actually haven't bought ANY houses yet? So, this is a function you want so that in case you ever have buyer's remorse, you can just get rid of it? You made it sound from your original post that you had like 30 homes already.

ZOS was very clear when Homestead launched that no house could be sold back for gold and I HIGHLY doubt they'd EVER refund a house for Crowns, as all CS purchases are final. But, I understand that you just want to be able to delete them. I guess it's because you don't like the idea of them cluttering up your house collection list or you just don't like the idea, for RP reasons, of owning lots of homes?

I don't see a huge issue beyond at least 8, since it's pretty reasonable that each of your characters could own their own home. Beyond that, yeah...I guess it might be a "problem" for players who are wanting to RP an adventurer who may only have one modest home. Best bet in the meantime is to be very selective about the homes you purchase.

I'm not against this, but I don't know if there are enough people with your concern to warrant time on ZOS' part to implement this. But, it could be part of a larger function that might have more traction - the ability to hide unwanted collectibles. I've got a few crate items from my free crates that I'll never use and would love to just hide them from my collection list. The problem with houses, however, is that they also show up on your map.

• Aknunsus
    Aknunsus
    I think deleting a home you paid for with either eso crowns or in-game gold would be silly. And, I highly doubt ZOS would consider changing their policy to allow for refunds.

However, I could see some kind of grace period, wherein you can cancel/revoke your home purchase within one week.

Another possibility would be to allow for toggling your houses as active and inactive, but I still think that is kinda pointless, or at least not worthy of spending time on that could be spent creating new dlc/chapters.

I enjoyed the other player suggestions/jokes about an eso player-driven real estate market. Which could be fun, but unlikely as it would certainly cut into ZOS' ability to get your $$. Why allow players to sell their houses to each other for in-game gold, or trade for already purchased crown store items, when they want you to spend your $$ on that shiny new house.
    Edited by Aknunsus on May 17, 2018 11:36PM
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d love to be able to trade a house for a token which will allow me to trade for example a notable house and can use token to get a new Notable house or save the token for a future purchase.
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d love to be able to trade a house for a token which will allow me to trade for example a notable house and can use token to get a new Notable house or save the token for a future purchase.

Not all categories of house, or using your example, notable houses, cost the same, so that wouldn't be practical.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • Lyss1991
    Lyss1991
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dont want this to happen, Nor do I think it ever will.

With all the glitches and bugs in this game, I could see someone deleting or selling the wrong house by mistake and then what?? They are just out of all the time/gold/crowns they spent fixing it up? No thanks!!!!!

It was very clear when housing came out that all purchases were final. I have 8 houses. Each one bought at a different period of my ESO experience.

I have the free inn room obviously...Who doesnt??

Started off with Autumns Gate on the day housing came out. I was broke but wanted to feel included in the housing frenzy!

Bought Twin Arches soon after because I decided I liked Redguard homes better.

Bought Ravenhurst when I had a little more gold to spend.

Bought Velothi Reverie to use purely for storage.

Bought House of the Silent Magnifico because, again...I love Redguard housing. I wanted Hundings but couldnt afford it. So I bought the smaller alternative.

FINALLY bought Hundings because (at the time) it was my ESO dream house.

Now, I own the Palace and have ALOT of unused houses that I can fill up with my extra junk furniture. 2 for crafted furniture im no longer using, 1 for plants/trees, 1 for bound items, 1 for lux vendor items (I always buy extra lux items and sit on them to resell later) and a couple of empty ones.

I have never met a single soul who wants to get rid of any of their houses (I play on PS4) and ive been around for 2 years. Im in a housing themed guild and people pride themselves on having/decorating as many homes as possible. The fraction of a percentage of people who may want this is so small, I can almost guarantee you it will never happen.
    Edited by Lyss1991 on May 20, 2018 1:15PM
    PS4 NA EST June 2016 | GM of Tamriel’s Outkasts Social Guild | Main - Assylah - Max CP Breton Mag Sorc - Master Angler - Mageslayer - Shehai Shatterer - Ophidian Overlord | Best Thief in Tamriel - Khajiit NB Purrfecta Meowna | Aspiring Master Crafter | Achievement Hunter | Recipe/Blueprint Enthusiast | Costume Junkie | Primary Residence - Princely Dawnlight Palace
  • Cladius30
    Cladius30
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lyss1991 wrote: »
    I dont want this to happen, Nor do I think it ever will.

With all the glitches and bugs in this game, I could see someone deleting or selling the wrong house by mistake and then what?? They are just out of all the time/gold/crowns they spent fixing it up? No thanks!!!!!

It was very clear when housing came out that all purchases were final. I have 8 houses. Each one bought at a different period of my ESO experience.

I have the free inn room obviously...Who doesnt??

Started off with Autumns Gate on the day housing came out. I was broke but wanted to feel included in the housing frenzy!

Bought Twin Arches soon after because I decided I liked Redguard homes better.

Bought Ravenhurst when I had a little more gold to spend.

Bought Velothi Reverie to use purely for storage.

Bought House of the Silent Magnifico because, again...I love Redguard housing. I wanted Hundings but couldnt afford it. So I bought the smaller alternative.

FINALLY bought Hundings because (at the time) it was my ESO dream house.

Now, I own the Palace and have ALOT of unused houses that I can fill up with my extra junk furniture. 2 for crafted furniture im no longer using, 1 for plants/trees, 1 for bound items, 1 for lux vendor items (I always buy extra lux items and sit on them to resell later) and a couple of empty ones.

I have never met a single soul who wants to get rid of any of their houses (I play on PS4) and ive been around for 2 years. Im in a housing themed guild and people pride themselves on having/decorating as many homes as possible. The fraction of a percentage of people who may want this is so small, I can almost guarantee you it will never happen.

so good for you , this wouldnt apply to you if you want to keep all of them.. i dont see your point.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Isn't it enough to pretend that a house doesn't exist and not visit it, instead of needing a hard delete option? Or is it more the case that you want some type of limited refund program?
  • Cladius30
    Cladius30
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »
    Isn't it enough to pretend that a house doesn't exist and not visit it, instead of needing a hard delete option? Or is it more the case that you want some type of limited refund program?

i just dont understand why there isnt an option to get rid of homes.. not everyone wants to collect and keep them all.
  • Cladius30
    Cladius30
    ✭✭✭✭✭

this is an immersive game for a lot of people.. for some people owning 30 homes is not very immersive
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

this is an immersive game for a lot of people.. for some people owning 30 homes is not very immersive

What if you just didn't visit the homes, or if you are on PC, getting an addon that removes the housing icons from the map?
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like this if we could sell back our unused homes for newer ones at a prorated cost.

so say your home is worth 3million gold and the new one coming out is 6 million then you'd get 3million off and only pay the other 3 million.
  • Oberick
    Oberick
    ✭✭✭
    Just don't port to them anymore?
  • Cladius30
    Cladius30
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oberick wrote: »

This doesn't address my request
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If it's a roleplay issue, can you not roleplay it out? Like RP that it's an alternate character or NPC's house?
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Marginis wrote: »

If it's a roleplay issue, can you not roleplay it out? Like RP that it's an alternate character or NPC's house?

That's what I say. You have to roleplay some other things as well, such as logging in and out, where you train to spend your skill points, etc. So why not this? Unless what the OP really wants is some type of upgrade/partial refund from unused houses. But if it's simply about immersion, I agree.
  • Madhattr64
    Madhattr64
    ✭✭✭
    There are many displaced Veterans in Tamriel that could use a home. Turn it into a shelter for the homeless.
  • MrGraves
    MrGraves
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm an RPer and I don't mind it at all. I love decorating my homes and just assign them to other characters or decorate them to be something else rather then a home, like an inn room your character would maybe rent or a shop of some sorts.
    I know you seem very set in your ways about your opinion on it and that's fine. But I think for alot of us immersion isnt in the game mechanics like how my account owns tons of outfits and pets which my adventuring characters definitely don't have the time to take care of THAT many different pets and mounts. Collections shouldn't take away from your immersion, you are supposed to utilize them to be free to do what you wish with what you own on your account. besides you only have one 'primary residence' at a time. that's your home, not the others you buy and don't want. I'm not saying we shouldn't have an option for you to get rid of them but the same could go for any collectible like owning all of these ridiculous busts.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also, if we really want to talk about immersion, what about our character's inventory? How many coins, swords, shields, etc. do we carry at a time, all in our pockets without any type of encumbrance whatsoever?
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For sale:

One small house. Slightly used.

Located in scenic Daggerfall. Near to the bank.

May contain unwanted dogs, a lizard, some washing, a chicken leg of uncertain vintage and some wine bottles (empty).

Curtains, rugs, cheese wedge and slightly used firewood not included.

Contact Claws Home Sales and Rentals via your nearest Bank of Khajiit for more details.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Allypage
    Allypage
    ✭✭
    I'm an RPer and own 2 houses and all of the Inn rooms so far. I plan to buy the Grotto Ship as soon as it's available. I have Plans for how to use these houses , but as stories change so will the uses for the houses.

I agree that with the majority that you can simply "delete" the houses from your game play and not actively use them.
    Simply ignore them.

My thought was that for example I purchased a wedding curtain. I thought it would fit in my large house. even previewing it I misjudged how VAST it was. Not only does it not fit INSIDE of any house it's even too large for my courtyard.. and so it sits in my inventory.

Those are "wasted " coins.. It would be nice if I could do something with this item ... sell, break down etc.

I agree ZOS will likely not make any changes to the system for buying houses but it never hurts to offer a suggestion, because who knows maybe it will spark an idea with the Devs that they had not thought of.

I agree that there should not be a delete house option because I can see someone deleting in error :( there would be tears
  • Allypage
    Allypage
    ✭✭
    MrGraves wrote: »

I'm an RPer and I don't mind it at all. I love decorating my homes and just assign them to other characters or decorate them to be something else rather then a home, like an inn room your character would maybe rent or a shop of some sorts.
    I know you seem very set in your ways about your opinion on it and that's fine. But I think for alot of us immersion isnt in the game mechanics like how my account owns tons of outfits and pets which my adventuring characters definitely don't have the time to take care of THAT many different pets and mounts. Collections shouldn't take away from your immersion, you are supposed to utilize them to be free to do what you wish with what you own on your account. besides you only have one 'primary residence' at a time. that's your home, not the others you buy and don't want. I'm not saying we shouldn't have an option for you to get rid of them but the same could go for any collectible like owning all of these ridiculous busts.

One of my Inn rooms is set up to be a Jail cell.. it's sooo damn small LOL
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Allypage wrote: »
    I'm an RPer and own 2 houses and all of the Inn rooms so far. I plan to buy the Grotto Ship as soon as it's available. I have Plans for how to use these houses , but as stories change so will the uses for the houses.

I agree that with the majority that you can simply "delete" the houses from your game play and not actively use them.
    Simply ignore them.

My thought was that for example I purchased a wedding curtain. I thought it would fit in my large house. even previewing it I misjudged how VAST it was. Not only does it not fit INSIDE of any house it's even too large for my courtyard.. and so it sits in my inventory.

Those are "wasted " coins.. It would be nice if I could do something with this item ... sell, break down etc.

I agree ZOS will likely not make any changes to the system for buying houses but it never hurts to offer a suggestion, because who knows maybe it will spark an idea with the Devs that they had not thought of.

I agree that there should not be a delete house option because I can see someone deleting in error :( there would be tears

Khajiit has home - Castle Claws.

Also there is a tavern, a theatre, The Santie Claws College of Pocket Engineering, The Fishmas Grotto, The Bank of Khajiit and Claws Temple Spa Resort - one home - many businesses yes.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LOL I can just imagine all the “HELP ME I just Sold My Mansion By Mistake!!!!! “threads that would suddenly start popping up...

I mean if you want a reason they shouldn't do it, this would be it. Especially if it takes all your furnishings with it. Because let's be real, your banks would probably not even hold the items from a fully decorated medium home, let alone a mansion. And whatever the process, someone is going to poof away that rare item they actually wanted to keep.

I understand buyer's remorse, or the need to declutter. But you'll likely not see as much gold return as what you paid for them. And you can completely forget getting any return, crown or gold, for any home you bought with crowns. Yes, even the base game homes because that essentially would be buying gold with extra steps.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●