The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Option to get rid of homes please

• Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be happy with an option to remove them all from the map please.
  • Allumis
    Allumis
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a perfectly reasonable idea if you ask me? If owning so many homes is becoming a chore and making the organisation of your list of homes messy then why not!

Why if you're bored of your house shouldn't you have the option to sell it / delete it?

It causes no harm to anyone else and doesn't effect anyone else's game play. As for accidentally deleting your home, just make it the same as deleting a character where you have to type in a "safe word" first.
  • maroite
    maroite
    ✭✭✭
    Allumis wrote: »
    Sounds like a perfectly reasonable idea if you ask me? If owning so many homes is becoming a chore and making the organisation of your list of homes messy then why not!

Why if you're bored of your house shouldn't you have the option to sell it / delete it?

It causes no harm to anyone else and doesn't effect anyone else's game play. As for accidentally deleting your home, just make it the same as deleting a character where you have to type in a "safe word" first.

It's additional programming and UI updates, not to mention testing (I could just see an error where people who paid gold would be reimbursed crowns...) for something that is not exactly needed.
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL I can just imagine all the “HELP ME I just Sold My Mansion By Mistake!!!!! “threads that would suddenly start popping up...
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LOL I can just imagine all the “HELP ME I just Sold My Mansion By Mistake!!!!! “threads that would suddenly start popping up...

And likely not for what they paid. Yeah, that would sting.

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
  • The_Smilemeister
    The_Smilemeister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would you be ok with losing the achievements you may have gotten from owning/decorating the home, once you got rid of it?

I'm pretty sure emperors don't lose their achievements once they're dethroned.
  • POps75p
    POps75p
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cladius30 wrote: »
    There should be some way to get rid of homes you don't want to use anymore.
    Not everyone likes the idea of owning a million different homes and only using the ones you want to.. to be able to sell back for base value or even just get rid of some how would be a good choice for a lot of people.

i agree, but i feel it would be nice to be able to get store credit for dupe Motif's that we have as well.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    TBH I'd love to sell 3/4 of the houses I bought for achievements back for even 1/10th of the gold cost.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally would just have it deleted once I didn't want it anymore. I wouldn't care if it cost crown points. Just wish this was an option. I hate the idea that my character would own like 30 homes it's just silly to me.

So stop buying them when you get to 29 :wink: !

Seriously, if you don't want multiple homes, don't buy them.
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I talk to my boyfriend about this a lot. It would be nice to be able to put a house up for sale, but of course, the in game gold houses we bought. Getting into the crown store purchases opens up a while new can that I don't even want to think about.

But if I bought a house with in game gold and want to tell it to someone else for gold as well, that would be cool. I feel it could save some space for ZOS as well (correct me if I am wrong on that).
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • josiahva
      josiahva
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      What are you talking about? Why would I want to give up my own personal wayshrines?
    • Silver_Strider
      Silver_Strider
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      While I don't see a problem with deleting houses, I don't see much reason to do so. I buy houses mostly for free ports to a region and the vast majority are totally bare (Flaming Nix apartment in Mournhold and primary residence being the lone exceptions) so it seems strange to me to just get rid of these now free ports on alts that don't have a ton of Wayshrines unlocked and need to get somewhere they haven't discovered yet.
      Argonian forever
    • Marginis
      Marginis
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Options - sure. Options are never bad. I have no problem being able to sell a home and not actually selling it. Of course, this does mean selling, and not just deleting. Just getting rid of a house and not getting anything in return seems just plainly masochistic. However, I don't see that great a need for this feature, regardless of houses would be sold or deleted, and I can see a small possibility of bad things coming from this - "Oh no, I accidentally deleted my guildhall with $500 of items bought with crowns" or "ZOS please reset my account, my brother just deleted that limited time house I got".

In conclusion: meh.
      @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
    • Sting864
      Sting864
      ✭✭✭✭
      Sting864 wrote: »
      There should be some way to get rid of homes you don't want to use anymore.
      Not everyone likes the idea of owning a million different homes and only using the ones you want to.. to be able to sell back for base value or even just get rid of some how would be a good choice for a lot of people.

hyperbole isn't helpful....

This is gold coming from you.

I do what I can...
    • Sting864
      Sting864
      ✭✭✭✭
      Just what ESO needs: SimCentury21
    • Cladius30
      Cladius30
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      maroite wrote: »
      Is there a reason you don't want the homes? I mean if you own them, and they're empty, and you never use them, does it matter if you still own them or not?

I guess I'm just wondering why you want to be able to get rid of these homes. Not sure I agree they should be able to be sold back. I feel homes should be one of those decisions that shouldn't be taken lightly.

yes because to me its stupid to own so many homes.
    • Kodrac
      Kodrac
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      What'd those poor homes ever do to you?
    • Cladius30
      Cladius30
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Tandor wrote: »
      I personally would just have it deleted once I didn't want it anymore. I wouldn't care if it cost crown points. Just wish this was an option. I hate the idea that my character would own like 30 homes it's just silly to me.

So stop buying them when you get to 29 :wink: !

Seriously, if you don't want multiple homes, don't buy them.

that idea is nice in theory but since they make new homes available in the future there will always be a new one of interest and i will have to be stuck owning multiple. problem not solved.
      Edited by Cladius30 on May 9, 2018 8:47PM
    • Cladius30
      Cladius30
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Kodrac wrote: »
      What'd those poor homes ever do to you?

they get put on a pesky list and map saying i have to own them forever like some real estate mogul
      when im a simple explorer
    • GimpyPorcupine
      GimpyPorcupine
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Ackwalan wrote: »
      For those gold pinchers, those extra homes are a free port to that city from any delve.

Yeah, I paid 1M gold for a "free" port to Wayrest, because I'm frugal like that.
      8-hr/day casual gamer on Xbox NA. 20 Characters, all DC, all Level 50. +2200CP
    • Cladius30
      Cladius30
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Ackwalan wrote: »
      For those gold pinchers, those extra homes are a free port to that city from any delve.

Yeah, I paid 1M gold for a "free" port to Wayrest, because I'm frugal like that.
      Edited by Cladius30 on May 9, 2018 8:57PM
    • GimpyPorcupine
      GimpyPorcupine
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      OP, it's not like you have to pay maintenance costs or property taxes like IRL homes.

Crap, did I just suggest another gold sink? Hope the devs don't read this post.
      8-hr/day casual gamer on Xbox NA. 20 Characters, all DC, all Level 50. +2200CP
    • Cladius30
      Cladius30
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      OP, it's not like you have to pay maintenance costs or property taxes like IRL homes.

i guess a lot of people that reply to this discussion are missing the entire point..
      the point is myself and many other people feel that you should have an option to get rid of previously acquired properties.
      its nice that a lot of people don't care.. or don't mind.. that's good for you... cool.
      for us its not. oh and also this would be a OPTION not something that forces you to get rid of your homes or creates accidental situations where you remove them.. no this would be the same idea as deleting a character.. for those who want it.
    • DieAlteHexe
      DieAlteHexe
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭

i guess a lot of people that reply to this discussion are missing the entire point..
      the point is myself and many other people feel that you should have an option to get rid of previously acquired properties.
      its nice that a lot of people don't care.. or don't mind.. that's good for you... cool.
      for us its not. oh and also this would be a OPTION not something that forces you to get rid of your homes or creates accidental situations where you remove them.. no this would be the same idea as deleting a character.. for those who want it.

I admit this is pure curiosity on my part and if you don't care to answer, that's fine but why did you buy them in the first place?

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
    • PlagueSD
      PlagueSD
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Well all those houses are a free port I guess. If it's a case of buyer's remorse it would be nice to be able to sell them back at a reduced gold cost. Not sure how this would work for crown bought homes though. What would be even better would be if you could rent them out :smile:

I don't think I've EVER used my house as a "free" port. I just use the "teleporter" addon if I need to get somewhere. As long as there's someone in one of my guilds in the zone I want to go to, it's free.
    • DieAlteHexe
      DieAlteHexe
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      PlagueSD wrote: »
      Well all those houses are a free port I guess. If it's a case of buyer's remorse it would be nice to be able to sell them back at a reduced gold cost. Not sure how this would work for crown bought homes though. What would be even better would be if you could rent them out :smile:

I don't think I've EVER used my house as a "free" port. I just use the "teleporter" addon if I need to get somewhere. As long as there's someone in one of my guilds in the zone I want to go to, it's free.

I did for awhile 'til I found some guilds. It was handy for young characters to use instead of the usual travel network.

• Cladius30
      Cladius30
      ✭✭✭✭✭

I admit this is pure curiosity on my part and if you don't care to answer, that's fine but why did you buy them in the first place?

i haven't bought one yet. my issue is if i do buy one them i'm stuck with it
    • DieAlteHexe
      DieAlteHexe
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭

i haven't bought one yet. my issue is if i do buy one them i'm stuck with it

Ah! Well, thank you for indulging me. :)

• Jaraal
      Jaraal
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      What would be even better would be if you could rent them out :smile:

This is already a thing. Saw a person yesterday in zone chat advertising to rent his house with a complete set of every attuned table and all mundus stones to guild leaders for a weekly fee.
      RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
    • MerlinPendragon
      MerlinPendragon
      ✭✭✭✭
      Leave housing mechanics as is.