The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Option to get rid of homes please

Cladius30
Cladius30
✭✭✭✭✭
There should be some way to get rid of homes you don't want to use anymore.
Not everyone likes the idea of owning a million different homes and only using the ones you want to.. to be able to sell back for base value or even just get rid of some how would be a good choice for a lot of people.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cladius30 wrote: »
    There should be some way to get rid of homes you don't want to use anymore...
    Pffffttttt...
    Use it as storage shed for furniture you don't want to clutter up your bank.

I would however want an option to put our homes in order. Like... in the overview screen. so we can put the "in use" homes on top, and the "storage" homes maybe in a collapsible tab?
  • Cladius30
    Cladius30
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well that works for you but not for someone who wants to get rid of the homes they aren't using.
  • Ragged_Claw
    Ragged_Claw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well all those houses are a free port I guess. If it's a case of buyer's remorse it would be nice to be able to sell them back at a reduced gold cost. Not sure how this would work for crown bought homes though. What would be even better would be if you could rent them out :smile:
    PC EU & NA
  • Nightfall12
    Nightfall12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm imagine how the "flippers" would go nuts if suddenly you could sell homes to other players

....oh you missed that limited time offer sweet shack that had cost 178$ but you had to buy it in the 23 minutes it was available?

Well i have one for sale for 5 million gold.....or you could "gift me" the 3 crown horses, a pet dog, a talking rat and the latest ultra pervy outfit...

While it would be cool to have a real estate option where you could buy others furnished homes, it would be bad if my sarcastic idea ever came to be.
    Ummm stuff… about stuff…or something.
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly I don't think I would like that idea to come. No offense to op but no. I would never want it. I don't know many that would want it.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The only way you're taking away my home is by prying it from my cold, dead hands! :D:D:D
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see any issues with that request . Best of luck .
  • Cladius30
    Cladius30
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one's taking your homes from you... This would be an option to just get rid of them once you don't want them. For people who don't want them anymore.
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would you be ok with losing the achievements you may have gotten from owning/decorating the home, once you got rid of it?
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Cladius30
    Cladius30
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally would just have it deleted once I didn't want it anymore. I wouldn't care if it cost crown points. Just wish this was an option. I hate the idea that my character would own like 30 homes it's just silly to me.
  • Cladius30
    Cladius30
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would you be ok with losing the achievements you may have gotten from owning/decorating the home, once you got rid of it?

Sure if they had to be lost for whatever reason. I don't see why they would be lost since you achieved it already but ok.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely. I wont to sell mine. :/
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My first two were impulse buys, cause "OOH SHINY". Third one is the one I actually enjoy the most, while the other two sit empty and abandoned. It'd be nice if I could sell my access to them for some gold at least, say like 1/2 the value.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I personally would just have it deleted once I didn't want it anymore. I wouldn't care if it cost crown points. Just wish this was an option. I hate the idea that my character would own like 30 homes it's just silly to me.

May I ask why you'd want to get rid of the home for free instead of just keeping it and having it hang around?
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well that works for you but not for someone who wants to get rid of the homes they aren't using.

Why do you need to? Just don’t go there anymore. Ignore it. Simples.
    Edited by MattT1988 on May 9, 2018 3:46AM
  • Sting864
    Sting864
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not everyone likes the idea of owning a million different homes and only using the ones you want to.. to be able to sell back for base value or even just get rid of some how would be a good choice for a lot of people.

hyperbole isn't helpful....
  • Sting864
    Sting864
    ✭✭✭✭
    ...oh you missed that limited time offer sweet shack that had cost 178$ but you had to buy it in the 23 minutes it was available?

Well i have one for sale for 5 million gold.....or you could "gift me" the 3 crown horses, a pet dog, a talking rat and the latest ultra pervy outfit...

There's a talking rat?? Sign me up...
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those gold pinchers, those extra homes are a free port to that city from any delve.
  • maroite
    maroite
    ✭✭✭
    Is there a reason you don't want the homes? I mean if you own them, and they're empty, and you never use them, does it matter if you still own them or not?

I guess I'm just wondering why you want to be able to get rid of these homes. Not sure I agree they should be able to be sold back. I feel homes should be one of those decisions that shouldn't be taken lightly.
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    or you know, you could just not go there. it wouldnt remove from the list of houses, it would just move further down. whats the point?
  • Dapper Dinosaur
    Dapper Dinosaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There is no logical reason to care about this. If you don't want to use a home anymore, then just don't put anything you want to have in it. Problem solved. Is this some kind of mental disorder we're talking about here?
  • Dapper Dinosaur
    Dapper Dinosaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sting864 wrote: »

hyperbole isn't helpful....

This is gold coming from you.
  • pattyLtd
    pattyLtd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont see why anyone is against this.
    Also makes more sense to be able to get a x% back for a house you trade in when buying a new one.

As long as its optional i am not against this idea at all.
    English is not my native language, no grammar police please, tyvm
  • PrayingSeraph
    PrayingSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So owning 30 homes would break your suspension of disbelief but being able to carry hundred of items of varying seizes in an invisible backpack does not?
    Edited by PrayingSeraph on May 9, 2018 7:09AM
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No. I dont want an option like this. Not ever. I dont want there to be mechanics where one wrong click can leave you without house you invested millions in.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Enslaved wrote: »
    No. I dont want an option like this. Not ever. I dont want there to be mechanics where one wrong click can leave you without house you invested millions in.

Yeah, that would be a terrible accident!
  • bellatrixed
    bellatrixed
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can understand the desire for this functionality... I have buyer's remorse about getting Pariah's Pinnacle... it hurts to think about how much $$$ I spent to have a nice snowy warehouse for 700 decorations.

But unfortunately I can't think of any game that has a feature like this.

Definitely agree it would be nice to be able to reorder the housing list to group your houses appropriately, though.
    ESO Roleplay | RP community for all factions/servers/platforms
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just use the Go Home add-on, hotkey My primary & the places I use for free ports, dump excess furniture in the rest, and move on with my virtual life.
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    to be able to sell back for base value or even just get rid of some how would be a good choice for a lot of people greedy people who want their gold back.
    Fixed for honesty.

Maybe this will teach a lesson to others about not buying something unless you truly want it.

Edited by Violynne on May 9, 2018 12:10PM
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like the ability to sell a home for 1/2 the gold cost. No 'free' crowns, no player to player trading, just a way to 'trade in' homes you don't want any more.

I'm glad I never got around to buying my crafter the best house for him out of the original set - if I had it would be sitting empty from next month because there's an even better one for him coming with Summerset (the town house). Although he'll have to share with my sorcerer to justify the price, but that's ok, he's never home anyway, he just wants somewhere to store books.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"