The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Is New Housing Getting to be Too Large?

Vanthras79
Vanthras79
✭✭✭✭✭
Is it just me or are the new houses catering too much to the large crown store only mansions? I have a Large home, but I feel like there could be other properties that could open up for those who do not want to spend crowns or 1mil+ gold for large homes. I mean what ever happened to the medium and small homes. I know we still have apartments in the new chapters, but some variety would be appreciated.
Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

Is New Housing Getting to be Too Large? 105 votes

Yes, more variety in housing size and pricing!
94% 99 votes
No! Moar Crown Store Exclusives and Large Estates!!
5% 6 votes
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While the initial release of homes did have a nice range from small to large, these new Notable Homes are just too big. I have not yet checked out the Town Home for Summerset yet, but the Cove with the Ship is just too big. You really need to be able to use a mount in there.

I would like to see some more Medium and Smaller homes released.

And, yes, up the slots on the Small and Medium homes while they are at it.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dunno about the crown store exclusive part. Not fine with that, but estates don't bother me. The only thing I want is for ZOS to actually be fine with reworking homes that get too much negative feedback. Like, uh, I dunno...Hakkvild's High Hall, for example?
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, there's too much focus on large mansions, if the 3 Summerset homes we've heard about are the only choices. The Alinor townhouse seems absolutely enormous. Beautiful, yes, but completely OTT and unnecessary. I would never feel comfortable buying something like that.
  • MajesticHaruki
    MajesticHaruki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bigger is not always better. Especially with the current limit in furnishings.
    PC/EU @MajThorax Sorcerer and Housing Decorator prodigy
    In my spare time I collect materials and run away from mudcrabs
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Housing slots suck
  • xbobx
    xbobx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i wouldnt mind a more detailed explaination about restrictions on slots because even if that is true which i dont think it is - i think they could fix it on their end but they dont want to spend the money - there is no reason for them not to raise all houses up to 700 .

well there is one reason, Zos greed to get people on eso+. but thats pretty much a theme through the whole game anyways.

• davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You really need to be able to use a mount in there.

Ha. I own the island, and created the “pirate deck” (home to the world famous skyshard tiki bar and sushi lounge). To get to it you enter, run to the left aaaaaaaaaaallllllll the way to the water, swim past the lava, then get up on a catwalk (khajiitwalk?) path that goes around and up, up, up to the roof.

Then sometimes I’m up there and I’m like “I want to see this better so I’m going to crouch.” Which if I’m in the editor takes me to the entrance. D’oh!!

Yes, mounting would be tremendously helpful.
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The houses have not gotten too large; the item capacity has remained exceedingly inadequate.

I love you ZOS, but please Make Abodes Great Again... #MAGA
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    While the initial release of homes did have a nice range from small to large, these new Notable Homes are just too big. I have not yet checked out the Town Home for Summerset yet, but the Cove with the Ship is just too big. You really need to be able to use a mount in there.

Don’t mount. Fly.

Magic Carpet add on:
    http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1966-MagicCarpet.html
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    R_K wrote: »
    Nestor wrote: »

Don’t mount. Fly.

Magic Carpet add on:
    http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1966-MagicCarpet.html

Oh My Auri-El !!
    TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
    Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
    Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
    Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
    Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
    Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • CyborgJiro
    CyborgJiro
    ✭✭
    They definitely need to release more small and medium sized homes. I really hoped for a ship house but...that cove...that is too much(size and money). I would of liked just the ship alone.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It wouldn't be if we had more furniture slots.